Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dry Skin + Pimples
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jokky12

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have extremely dry skin and yet i still get pimples! Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'm afraid of using moisturizers since I do get pimples and every cleanser I use dries out my skin so much! (even water alone dries out my skin )

I'm at a lost, every site I search concerning pimples they always assume you have oily skin but in my case I'm exactly the opposite... Please help!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have always suffered from adult acne and just about every product I tried, even in the best cases, caused a few breakouts. Until I tried the Juvena products. Although I do have oily skin, I believe the juvedical products would moisturise your skin but not cause any pimples. I purchased the serum and then obtained some samples of the day and night creams. I was a bit hesitant in using the creams but after I started to use them I found all my acne disappeared and no new ones have appeared. I am sticking with this line of just using the juvedical (no Vic C or anything else) and I intend to add the Juvena cleanser and masks soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
La Prairies Purifying line is fantastic. It is so moisturising and would work for most skin types (may be not sensitive though).

Id strongly recommend their Purifying System Purifying Cleansing Gelee and their Cellular Retexturising Booster.

Their newest Cellular Deep Cleansing mask is a great purifier aimed at all skin types.

My skin is the most flawless its been in a very, very long time since using products from this range.

And yes, they are insanely expensive but get a few samples and you should see why. I strongly recommend you get samples first and see how you get on - there are usually loads of sellers on ebay who sell samples.

HTH

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Do you take any multivitamins?
A good B Complex, Zinc and fish oils would help.
Fish oils are good for both dry skin and acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
i had the same problem.....dry skin but yet get pimples. I am using Dr. Hauschka CC and it is great for dry skin with pimples. You should also use a moisturizer during the day but it should be OIL-Free. Also over-night you should put on topical cream on your face. There is a good one for acne called "Clynoxal Gel" you have to go to a doctor and have it prescribed but it does not dry up the skin but yet it fights off the acne. So this should be the routine i suggest.... Dr. Hauschka Cleansing cream morning and night (If you wear makeup use a makeup remover before this cleanser since it does not remove makeup) An oil-free moisturizer during the day to help with your dry skin. And clynoxal gel over night. Also remember to drink plenty of water!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Jokky12,

Do you use moisturizers at all? Or have you stopped completely because of pimple scare?

Your problem could be:

1. Your using cleanser and/or moisturizer that isn't suitable for your skintype, making your skin produce extra sebum wich results in pimples.

2. If your not using a moisturizer regularly your skin gets "confused" and produces extra sebum to make up for it.

I'd recomend you to go to a good beauty salon and let them help you. I've been at a similar place as you are - dehydrated skin, pimples and clogged pores. Not fun AT ALL. Anyways, now I use MD Formulations Facial Cleanser with glycolic acid, for sensitive skin. Followed by a toner from Decleor. In the mornings I use Decleors Harmonie creme and in the evenings I use Decleors Essential Balm - pre-creme I use Decleors Aromessence Neroli. I have found that my skin has balanced and is healthier than it has been in years. I believe it's a combination of useing good products with natural ingredients REGULARLY and drinking lots of WATER. Dehydrated skin is your body informing you of it's needs, and hydration is intake of water Smile

Hope you've got some help/inspiration - and don't despair, there is help to be got.

Good luck /Ruth
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I got an advice from herbalist to snack on brazil nut and pumpkin seeds as their potasium and zinc contains are good for acne prone skin. Also grapefruit is very good for internal body cleansing. Since I changed my diet toward more organic foods (fruits + vegetables), drink at least 2 litre of mineral water, and use more natural/organic skin care, I do realise that my skin improves significantly.
jokky12

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for the very helpful information!! I will keep in mind everything you guys have said and tell you what my results are later.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
look for a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. It helps bind moisture to your skin but is light and won't cause pimples.

I use skinceuticals B5 moisture gel and then a light oil free moisturizer on top. Many are able to use just the B5 gel though.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |