Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

??? for carekate. New lip plumper found???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Since you seem to always know what will and will not work for fuller lips I have a question. I found this new product at the following address: http://www.firstimpressionlips.com/firstimpression/index.cfm?action=promo&pc=FI082405wAA1&acode=FE55D309&pcode=5EB6DED1&rotator=yes

Since it contains the same things as the HA pills would you work as well?

Also one more thing... I just finished my first tube of LipFusion. I am going to Sephora in the next couple of weeks and I wanted to know if you thought I should stick to the clear or go to a color one? If so what color do you think? I tired GLOW and was not that impressed! I bought my LipFusion in April and and I just NOW ran out. It lasts forever!

Please let me know!

Thanks!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
The free trial is only available to people in the US Sad

I'm on my 2nd Lip Fusion treatment Thatgirl, and have stuck with 'clear'. From what I've read the tinted line is very opaque and doesn't give much colour. But, I'll sit back and wait for confirmation from Carekate (our resident expert on all things plumping) Very Happy

Anya
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Since you seem to always know what will and will not work for fuller lips I have a question. I found this new product at the following address: http://www.firstimpressionlips.com/firstimpression/index.cfm?action=promo&pc=FI082405wAA1&acode=FE55D309&pcode=5EB6DED1&rotator=yes

Since it contains the same things as the HA pills would you work as well?

I see this product is made by Hydroderm. I love free product but Hydroderm concerns me. In the past they get your information for a free trial and then autoship it to you and charge your credit card full price. I did not see in fine print anything about autoship but please email them first to be sure before your purchase.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates?
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
From their site...looks like you'll even have to pay for the "free" trial package if you decide to keep it.

How to Order Your Free Trial...
Start your FREE trial now to receive a three piece First Impression Lip system (retails for $77.00)*. You’ll have until Oct 10, 2005 to evaluate the system and see the results for yourself. If you enjoy First Impression, simply do nothing. You will be billed the super low price of $49.00 at the end of your 30-day trial period…a 36% savings! If, for ANY reason, you decide that the product is not for you, simply call 800-880-9879 by Oct 10, 2005 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you order this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership in the First Impression VIP program. That means that you’ll continue to get a fresh supply of the complete First Impression system every 30 days for the low price of $49.00 (+ $5.95 shipping)...a 36% discount! No commitments, no hassles. Cancel anytime.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn’t bother with that other lip plumper. First of all, I tried Hydroderm’s *first* lip plumping product and it did nothing but completely dry out my lips. Secondly, based upon my own experience either applying a pure HA serum topically to my lips, or applying a so-called Collagen treatment (something by Sally Hansen, can’t recall the name right now Embarassed ) directly to my lips, neither one of them gave me any results whatsover. Therefore it would appear that the magic combination of HA and collagen only plumps lips when it’s taken internally. Nothing in Hydroderm’s new lip plumper, neither the ingredients nor the “technology,” sounds like it would be at all effective in plumping lips.

Also, unless you can buy Hydroderm products from an actual store, I would completely avoid ordering anything from their website because – as Winnie and VeeNVegas previously stated – there are too many horror stories from other EDS members getting ripped off by Hydroderm and their “free trial offers.”

FYI - when I tried Hydroderm’s original lip plumper, I bought it directly at a GNC store, which gave me a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you *really* want to try this product, then I’d suggest you check to see if it’s available at your local GNC store. But please note that it is only larger GNC stores, like those located in major shopping malls, that typically carry these type of “speciality” products, so you most like won’t be able to get any Hydroderm product at the GNC store located in a small, corner “strip mall” location.

As for your next tube of LipFusion, like Anya said, the colored versions really don’t have enough pigment to them so the colors barely show up on your lips at all. If you’ve simply got your heart set on trying one of the colored LipFusion versions, then the only one that really shows up with any color on your lips at all is the red one, I think it’s called “Sexy”?

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the Lipfusion sexy tint combined with Hyaluronic acid w/biocell. The clear lipfusion leaves my lips too white, but the "sexy" works best for me. Sometimes I add another shade of lipstick over my lipfusion for variety. The "sexy" gives my lips a beestung look.

Rita
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm thinking that they must have changed the formula somewhat but my Fresh Pout from the cellularskinrx people has totally plumped my lips up. I mean really. But I can't say that I think it feels good. They feel swollen and tight but definitely look bigger. Since I've been using this stuff for awhile and always liked it for its moisturizing ability, I'm somewhat surprised that it seems to be making my lips swell now. It's a good thing though. I always wondered what they would look like bigger. Now, I know.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Well, I'm thinking that they must have changed the formula somewhat but my Fresh Pout from the cellularskinrx people has totally plumped my lips up. I mean really. But I can't say that I think it feels good. They feel swollen and tight but definitely look bigger.
That doesn’t sound good! Shock None of the topical plumpers I’ve tried have left me with that type of result. Could you possibly be having some type of allergic reaction to one of the ingredients if they *have* reformulated it? You might try emailing them and asking if they’ve made any changes recently just to be sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea. I'll give them a call. I do like the plumpness though. I guess every rose has its thorn, eh? Smile I can only use it about every third day now. It's not irritating when I put it on or anything like that. I have started using Retin-A closer to my mouth for vertical lip lines. Do you think it would migrate to the lips?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |