Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My favourite moisturizer....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
im not sure any cheap moisturisers will ever feel good on the skin. i love clarins and i love decleor. i have sensitive skin. they are amazing and my skin always looks great. when i lapse to something cheap (like i have now while i wait for an order to arrive) by skin always looks terrible and i get some blemishes (like i have now Sad )
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
One of my most favored moisturisers is the night cream from Sothys - I can't remember the name of it and they don't seem to have listed on the site anymore, but it came in a white tub with a blue lid.
It was not to heavy and left my skin feeling hydrated. I have used other Sothys moisturisers but found them too greasy for my liking but the night cream was fab.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
If I could use anything that I've already tried and not worry at all about the money, it would probably be Creme de la Mer..I know it takes alot of hits around here and I've only bought two jars of it in my life but those two jars were just heavenly!
Pudoodles
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell me where I can get Primavera's cream?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Can you tell me where I can get Primavera's cream?

http://www.saffronrouge.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love Cellcosmet's Ulta Vital Cream. This is the first winter that my skin hasn't been dry, tight and flaky. I am so pleased with it. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Valmont L Elixir Face Cream. Not only is it lovely to use but it just makes me feel so good when I do use it. My second choice is Remergent Barrier Repair. This is an excellent moisturiser for all skin as it seems to be able to provide the correct moisturisation regardless of the weather, hot/humid, cold/dry.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Happy New Year everyone!

At the moment I'm loving Amazing Day Cream and HA Soy Lift from Perfect complexion. (the home of TCA latte) - the texture is amazing and it NEVER balls up or looks greasy.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I love Cellcosmet's Ulta Vital Cream. This is the first winter that my skin hasn't been dry, tight and flaky. I am so pleased with it. Smile

have to agree with you, i have using this for one week or so, in the beginning i had some problem of balling off, but after a few days, i just loved it!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
thanks mtview!
yarinog

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is someone try Sothys-COHESIONS line?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
My all time favourite face cream is Cellcosmet Ultra Vital, just cant go wrong
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I recently found my HG routine. My favourite moisturiser is Pevonia matifying oily skin cream. I am combination, but i found their combination cream too oily for summer. this oily skin cream hydrate with just the right amount without much oil controlling, but skin stays matt all day. i think this would be too much for oily skin though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I new favorite is Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Wild Cat what do you find so good about this product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
You may want to try Orjene Organics Night Treatment. I bought mine at Vitacost.com and it's around $10.

lassie1234 wrote:
Confused im still searching for a favorite one... everything balls up. and any anti aging product just rubs right off... i guess my wrinkles are here to stay.im not BANK ONE and i keep buying all the creams and serums hoping to find the one that works for me. nothing is soaking into skin.and im not layering either. heavy night creams ball right off.i cant even seem to use a toner. after cleansing and then a toner, i use a moisterizer and it balls off. the toner just stays sticky.. any cheap idea's ? whats that Question Question Question nothing is cheap anymore !!!! lololol
Arrow lassie 1234
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse, What is your exfoliation routine?
ColaDrink
5% products discount

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nemi

I have a list of Shiseido Bio Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream. I found that the HA in this cream is just to tiny (as you can see, it's listed almost at the end of the complete list). Mostly it contains silicone and squalane which is good for normal to oily skin.

Shiseido Bio Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Squalane, Dimethicone Copolyol, Quaternium, 18 Hectorite, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, PEG 150, Mortierella Isabellina, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Agar, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arginine HCI, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Glutamate, Disodium Adenosine, Triphosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Trisodium EDTA, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Rosa Roxburghii, BHT, Ethylparaben, Phenoxethanol, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Parfum CI 77492, CI 77491.

Talk about my favorite moisturizer. I don't really have HG moisturizer right now. But Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream All Skin Types is pretty close to HG.

If you are looking for a very cheap moisturizer. You should give Pond's Time Rewind Overnight Wrinkle Repair Cream a try. For the price you pay, I think it's one of the best consumer moisturizers out there.

Pond's Time Rewind Overnight Wrinkle Repair Cream

Ingredients: Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Collagen, Creatine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Tea), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract (Rose Hips), Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract (Bamboo), Cucumis Oblongus Seed Extract (Cucumber), Betula Alba Extract (White Birch), Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (Jojoba), Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borage), Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat), Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, ....
mingkan38
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS, WOW!!! Laughing
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I WISH I could find my favourite among the relatively cheap products, but I'm not so lucky. Sad

After having given a talk, I rewarded myself with a treat, and I bought my favourite moisturizer, which is the Shiseido Bio-performance Advanced Super Revitalizer N. It's absolutely divine, but a tad too expensive for everyday use. But I buy it whenever I need a treat Very Happy

The cream has HA in it (but I'm not sure about the levels, normally the claims of cosmetic companies make me suspicious), and although it is aimed at dry skintypes, it sinks right into the skin and leaves a matte surface. The texture is more of a cream-gel, but not sticky as they tend to be, and it's supposed to be used AM and PM. And the best: the smell is also decent-powdery, not heavily perfumed (which I don't like).

I definitely recommend it to all the dry-skinned gals out there! Very Happy

:)the Shiseido Bio-performance Advanced Super Revitalizer N!Yes,i had it and i love it too!I also like guerlain hydro-serum but it is more expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
My favourites are : Valmont's Regenetic, AWF II and the Energy booster of Swissline. Laughing
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the BeesWork Face Visage Cream last week, this stuff is great, very moisturizing, all natural, smells amazing. Great when you need an extra something. Actually all their products are great, I got the rose toner and the cleansing cream as well, and am loving them all.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
If anyone out there is in a winter climate similar to that of Canada, and are looking for something that is extremely effective for dry skin - I'd highly recommend Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream (you can by it here at EDS)....it is very reasonably priced, is packaged sensibly and REALLY does the trick in terms of alleviating dehydration as well as the side effects of mature dry skin. I purchased it based on a recommendation from Mabsy eons ago...it was likened to Creme de la Mer (which I love - but not the price)....the Rose Day Cream REALLY impressed me - it really helps to stimulate the circulation (resulting in an improvement in colour and tone), smells heavenly and causes no distress or irritation whatsoever..It has become my secret weapon against the Canadian winter!
Pudoodles
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Wild Cat what do you find so good about this product?

Bushy,
Sorry for the late reply. After using a sample of Jurlique HRG I gave in and ordered a large size and I have been very happy about it. It does have a really strong herbal smell which I kind of enjoy but my SO and my cat think I smell funny Laughing

The gel absorbs really well and because I layer it on top of other actives (IS Clinical Active and PSF retinol night repair) and my skin don't need a normal moisturizer afterwards. I am not sure if any of the ingredient in it can make face look firmer but I think it does a little.

I use the HRG after Vivier Vit-C 20% in the morning, and it didn't ball up and provided enough hydration that I just need sunscreen on top. I know some other forum members compared the HRG with a Valmont serum but HRG is cheaper.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found my favorite yet Sad
anyone throws a lighting bolt here?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |