Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

chose a color for Barefaced mineral
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bluefish
5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
After seeing several good reviews for Barefeced mineral in the forum, I am very interested in this product.

But I have no idea about what color I should choose. The color on the website is not very clear.

I am an Asian with yellow and a little pink skin tone. I wear TAWNY for Estee Lauder double wear, or GOLDEN BEIGE for Laura Mercler foundation. And for Aromaleigh, my skin tone is between 2 and 3, both Y/L and warm is OK for me.

Could anyone please give me some suggestions?

By the way, has anyone used YOUNYBLOOD liquid foundation? How is it comparing to glomineral and JI liquid foundation?

Many thanks!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bluefish -

You should def. contact Rhonda at BareFaced Minerals. She's an absolute doll and will respond right away with any questions you have regarding your perfect shade. I'm thinking you'd be in her neutrals or shades of sunshine which are more yellow based. I'm a Y/L or W/L in Aromaleigh and I wear Beyond Neutral in Rhonda's formula and it's a lovely match. You may also want to start with samples, and BFM's samples will go a long way.

I have only tried the powders in the liquid minerals you are asking about, but if I were to base it on the powder formula I'd say the order would be JI, GloMinerals, then Youngblood - however, the liquid versions could be vastly different.

Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Maria,

I have wrote a email to Ms. Rhonda for her recommendation. Thanks for your help!

Since you have used both Aromaleigh and Barefaced mineral (as well as JI), Could you please share the feeling of difference among them, in terms of coverage, shine, etc.? Thanks!! Razz
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I hated JI liquid-It made my face greasy and the colors never matched. I use a liquid foundation called Lycogel that matches much better. But this is just my opinion

skin: sensitive combo 46yr old
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bluefish -

Let's see, now if you're referring to the JI loose minerals (Amazing Base) I would say it is pretty creamy - but not shiny/glowy - more pearl-y maybe. Medium Coverage Can't comment on the Pressed version as I've not used, but I think that one's more matte.

Aromaleigh Glissade - creamy, medium coverage, matte finish, not glowy/shiny at all. This is one of my fave. mmu's and I also understand it's one of the few minerals that don't degrade certain sunscreen ingredients (Avobenzone?).
Aromaleigh Voile - lighter coverage, more matte, not as creamy.

Bare Faced Minerals - few different formulas over there.....lol....let's see, her regular formula - light to medium matte (none of Rhonda's foundations are shiny/glowy), Velvet Matte, fuller coverage, UltraVelvet x-Tra Coverage - fullest coverge - great for tricky areas like melasma/rosacea, but very creamy and smooth.

As you can see by red head's response, she's had experience with the JI liquid minerals. Looks like it didn't work for her! Laughing

Hope that helped! Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Maria,

It is really helpful! I have used JI and Aromaleigh. Because I did not choose the right shade from JI(warm silk is light and pinky for me), I have not used JI much since I bought it Crying or Very sad . I found the right shade from Aromaleigh and I like it, though it can not fully cover the dark spots which are caused by acne. Now I am very interested in the UltraVelvet x-Tra Coverage foundation from barefaced mineral. I hope I could get the reply from Ms. Rhonda and order some samples or products ASAP.

Is there any other good stuffs from barefaced mineral worthy to buy? such as lipstick? blush? eye shadow?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Bare Faced Minerals has a great selection of blushes, eyeshadows and lippies!!!! I think her lippie stix are very, very nice as are her lip balms. The lippie stix have more concentrated color, I think.

Her glimmers/shimmers are lovely for a more dressy look - my fave of the glimmers is Illusion.

BFM is always coming out with something new. I have to restrain myself!

Again, hopefully you'll find a good match in sampling. I have a feeling that is Warm Silk wasn't yellow-based enough for you, that you may fall into the shades of sunshine category.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I keep looking at the liner shadows, I am thinking green tea looks good as does socialite.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Mariav,

I got the email reply from Ms. Rhonda, she is very nice and gave several recommendatons on the right shade for me. I ordered two sets of sample which are yellow or warm based. I'll wait for it! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |