Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
peels - is this what it's like
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EJB
5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I came across this while browsing ebay (one of my favorite pastimes Wink )
This is for a peeling product... I've never had a peel so the pictures shocked the hell out of me. Is this waht i's supposed to do? Shock
It looks so painful! Is it? Confused
Also, if this IS what it's supposed to do, do peels cause DARKER skin to appear on people with naturally darker skintones... I ask this because anytime I have some 'skin displaced' [weather it's from a pimple, scratch ANYTHING) it's ALWAYS much darker than it used to be.

So, here's the link to check it out. And if it doesn't work. Its ebay item #5613153207

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-TCA-100-Cosmetic-Face-Skin-Peel-Heal-Serums-60-VAL_W0QQitemZ5613153207QQcategoryZ21022QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing This is a 50% TCA peel. TCA peels are medium peels and 50% is really high. But yes, in this case, for someone that used this peel, those results are typical. This peel is not a beginner peel though.

The peels most of us talk about on here are glycolic acid peels...or like the PSF pumpkin peel, which has glycolic acid in it. AHAs and BHAs provide a light peel. It is much more superficial. Usually only light peeling...kind of just like dry skin peeling off; although, I guess if you left it on longer, you would get a deeper peel.

I have heard conflicting things about peels and darker skin. I will let someone else answer that one. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Faith. You've always been real helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. I really appreciate your advice and look forward to your posts because they're very informative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't use a 50% tca peel without Doctors or derms doing it. You could end up with really bad scarring, and I have heard that you can get hyperpigmentation as well.

I find it disturbing that all the photos are really clear apart from the last one. Having seen people who have had too many peels, it makes you wonder what her skin is REALLY like!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
EJB,

Thank you very much! That is very kind of you to say. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Those pictures look horrific Shock

I couldn't stand to have skin like that, even at the last healing stage, for weeks..

I wonder why the last pic is one of those low-grade ones
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch! seriously, that looks so painful. I'm not sure the intention people have when they get those peels..whether they wanted rejuvinated skin..or some people try to lighten their freckles (like my sister..who uses acid peels frequently.) I do agree i wonder why the last picture looks so blurry...But if want something really bad i suppose its up to the person to decide if they want to go through all of that..but..ouch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
OMG I can't believe people can sell that on ebay. No way I would do that myself. Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
That's a TCA? Oh, I am so not going there. lol

It's going to be Patch Test City when my 50% glycolic peel arrives in the mail. Good thing they give you instructions for diluting if it's too potent ...
Yogaholic
5% products discount

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
that lady did an extensive tca peel. i used the 16% tca peel (from platinumskincare.com) for 1 minute and just had light peeling 3 days after.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I did a 12.5% TCA from them also for 3-4 minutes with a VERY light peeling only and I have very sensitive skin.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I understand. Wink Just trying to make a funny! A 50% TCA peel, I just cannot imagine ...
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I agree it is mighty suspect why the last photo is so blurry. The other pics look horrendous. Who'd want that? I can't imagine it wouldn't cause hyperpigmentation on me.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed the seller on Ebay - just to clarify what I was seeing. I found it hard to believe at first that the pics of a REAllY red face that looks burned are what a peel really does to you. She never replied.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Youch....never in a million years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
This seller is also offering HYALURONIC ACID SERUM (60%) Moisture Skin for $14.99. I've wanted to try this, but unsure of exactly what and where to purchase hualuronic acid serum. There are so many different formulas out there. Is this an appropriate formula? (sorry that this is off-topic)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
TooInvolved,
That is what a TCA peel is supposed to do. It is not for everyone, but when used correctly and when healing is done properly, the redness should fade. Maybe I am crazy, but I would actually use a TCA peel under the right conditions, and when I knew I would have at least a week to hide out. I would not start with 50% though...

Debra,
I think that percentage is superfluously high. I am sure it wouldn't harm though.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I did a tca 15% with 4 layers with out washing it off( it stops working after 9 min.) and my face did not get all red but did peel just a little bit kinda like when you get a sun burn.
If you wont more info on peels a good site is acne.org
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, faith-

Sorry I replied about 6 months late. LOL.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |