Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any La Mer lovers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hey!
I can't make up my mind about Creme De La Mer. I've used the lotion is the past and returned it. I only gave it 1 weeks, Now reading the ingredients from the regular Creme, it's seaweed(kelp if you will) mineral oil, waxes, vitamins and plant oils. Nothing really speacial. My best friend works for the company and yesterday I met with him and the spokes person of la mer for lunch. Omg he made me want to buy the huge jar! His skin was amazing! just amazing, later my friend told me that he was 60 the guy looked 45. He was telling me about the La Mer story about Max and how the whole line got started, (old news) then he went into how the product is made. It's very interesting. They play MUSIC to the sea kelp. and use different types of lighting to give it the effect that it's under the ocean. The lemons have to be picked at a certain time, the time it take to make one jar and they are all hand filled. If not mixed and timed properly it will separate and can't be heated. also he said that it's not whats in the product it's how it's made. all this stuff he was telling me. and to think it costs only $110. But I went on asking him.. about the mineral oil he said it's a myth and he's treated people with the worst acne. I'm starting to believe that mineral oil is not that bad for you I know it's amazing for dry skin, and I even asked my dermatologist she said it's perfectly fine that it has no skin reaction what so ever. My friend gave me a little jar of La mer last nite and I applied it over my metro-gel and perricone treatment. I must say it's very hydrating. still i'd like some feedback if any of you can't live without let me know..
p.s i'd use it just for the smell hehe
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used the creme but I've used the serum and the refining facial and I liked them both. I've been wanting to try the cream but $$$$!!!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE it!!! I've been using it for years and my skin looks fantastic. I'd never use any other type of cream on my skin. Yes, its a bit pricey, BUT a jar lasts me about 6 months, as a little goes a long way. Also when I buy it, I make sure I get lots of samples of their serum Very Happy

Anya
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Crème de la Mer for a while; it did nothing for me.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is a bit OT but I occasionally pick up a Harper's Bazaar, and in this season's issue they wrote an article on EXPENSIVE skincare, and La Mer is always beating the competitors with something outrageously expensive.

It's a 21 day supply of face serum in 21 little vials. The product is kept in a magnetic box to keep the ingredients at their highest potency. And there was already nearly a 2000-strong waiting list for it a year before it was released.

Apparently it takes 6 months for each batch to be made. And ingredients-wise the key thing is again, seaweed.

All this costs only $4000USD......
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking at the same article here, wow - $$$$$$$$.

I wonder if anyone knows where to get Crème de la Mer samples??? Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I know this is a bit OT but I occasionally pick up a Harper's Bazaar, and in this season's issue they wrote an article on EXPENSIVE skincare, and La Mer is always beating the competitors with something outrageously expensive.

It's a 21 day supply of face serum in 21 little vials. The product is kept in a magnetic box to keep the ingredients at their highest potency. And there was already nearly a 2000-strong waiting list for it a year before it was released.

Apparently it takes 6 months for each batch to be made. And ingredients-wise the key thing is again, seaweed.

All this costs only $4000USD......
funny you say that cause i've tried the product. My friend that works for the company got a little bottle of it and let me try some. i mean i only used it for 2 nights i don't know what exactly it was to do for $4000 it didn't do much. ! ahhahahah
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I went back to the article and the product is called "La Mer The Essence". It is different from the normal available in-stores products I think..

I mean, they send out these cards to the top purchasers of La Mer (like those who spend around 10k a MONTH), with this printed "We have reserved The Essence for you, ready to pick up."

Now what a great sale pitch, simply by reserving something for these women, they'd probably snatch it up guaranteed.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any of this brand and I'm curious, what exactly does it smell like? Smile Skinprofusion says he'd use it for the scent alone, sounds lovely!

I agree on the mineral oil, it's non-comedogenic and not irritating but it's also very inexpensive to use so that fact alone should cut the cost of any product where there is a lot of mineral oil added. Not to mention for oilier skins it may not cause problems but adds too much emmolient for comfort.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I've used it before and I would not repurchase, though I do like to keep a sample on hand in case of a crisis and just to still check that I don't want to buy a full size (or that I do) Smile The CDLM cream does nothing for my skin on a daily basis. But, if I'm sick or really stressed, I do see a difference in my skin when I use this. As a few members have commented before, I probably do see the same difference with the Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream and I think that the two are very similar in texture as well. Overall, this is good for my skin when used rarely and in emergencies only Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm for that price I would be expecting a face lift!!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Well i've used it again last night, again waking up, my skin looked at if it had a drink of water, very glowy.

Lolli about the smell man i wish I could let you smell it over the computer. It's smells how a creme sould smell.. i can't discribe it. maybe someone here can help me out.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
i Use it sometimes. It definately gives your skin a nice glow. It is very hydrating. I like it but dont like the price
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I always keep a jar nearby. It is great for when you're feeling stressed out or tired. I like it because you can just put it all over your face rather than putting on eye cream, lip balm and lash stuff. Great when traveling. It's not my regular moisturizer because the price and I need something to specifically target the hyperpigmentation. I've since discovered a product called Nutrius which is a cream as well as vitamins. I think I like the results so far. Hard to tell since I'm so picky.
Donnabren
5% products discount

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
There is a company that sells the active ingredient in La Mer for under $15.00. It has many uses besides skin care.
They also sell many other expensive actives at great prices. I am in love with this company! www.skinactives.com
KT
5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I got a couple of 15ml samples of CDLM and ended up not even finishing the 1st little pot. It lasted for a few weeks but it so did not do good things for my skin. After the first few days I noticed my skin looked a bit glowy in some parts which would have been nice if the rest of it had not been covered in bumps and pimples! The cream gave me an interesting breakout on my forehead that I wasn't able to get rid of for months, until I started using the Dr. H CC & aspirin mask.

To be honest, the smell and texture kind of remind me of the old-style Nivea cream that comes in blue metal pots. It's lovely but I can't say it is by any means amazing.

I can only assume that the reason I had trouble with it is because I have quite oily and congested skin and with the cream being so thick and oily, it just made it worse. It's a shame because I was SO excited about trying it and I really wanted to love it.

I recommend you get a sample before splashing out to buy the big jar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tried some of La Mer products, the recent one is the eye balm. Although the texture of their products are very nice on the skin, I don't think they do much. I would rather get Revive range for more or less the same price range. Revive eye cream is definitely one of the very best product around.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have used samples of some of their products just because several freinds use it. I am around 50 they are younger but I have less wrinkles (heredity). I believe they buy the products because they are expensive it is a status thing. Playing music to seaweed etc. is nonsense you may get more actives with certain light but extraction and concentration is easy. This company is using the fact that we want to look good to sucker the cash. Their products are good moisturizers but nit miricle creams and as someone else said here you can get the same actives for less than a tenth of the price.
carol1712
5% products discount

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I tried some of their samples. It seems good but again they are only a tiny bit of sample, so couldn't see any benefit yet. I may use the products if they cost half at least or if I can earn double than at this mo Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |