Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Is anyone familiar with SVR 100 B sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote

It has a PPD of 40, which is even higher than Anthélios XL 60's PPD of 28. The IPD is 110, whereas the IPD of the Anthélios is 100. Just a smidge better, but still interesting to note.

If anyone has used SVR 100 B, is it sticky, and does it leave a white cast? It's only $20 U.S. at Beauty Center, which is lovely. Even if looks horrible on, this would be a very nice "road trip sunscreen" to have onhand. Very Happy

Here are the ingredients. Pretty impressive!
http://en.labo-svr.com/pages/produits/fiche.php?s_wbg_menu=523#SVR_100B_creme_en
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
This looks really good, Sheila!! Where did you find out about the PPD? Also, can you get this in the States...with Tinsorb? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh gosh, with the exception of Canadian Ombrelle, I order all of my La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Bioderma, & Avène sunscreens for the face & body from Europe anyway. lol (I only use plain Avobenzone U.S. sunscreen on my legs & feet.)

I found out about the IPD & PPD of this SVR sunscreen by browsing on the Internet for ultra high-protection sunscreens. This one topped the list for IPD & PPD, so I checked it out. It certainly seems good - but it also seems nobody has heard of it, and it's only available on one website I've found so far. Confused I'll order a bottle of it from BeautyCenter.com to see how I like it, and will report back on this thread!
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Sounds awesome, there are some ingredients I never heard of so please let us know how well it works. I have extremely sensitive skin and can usually only use chemical-free sunscreen but use Photoderm Max SPF 100 when I know I'll be outside for extended periods (beach, pool, skiing) and haven't had problems with it.
Marichka
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
As I keep searching for a high SPF/PPD sunscreen that would not conflict with my MMU, I found another old thread about the SVR 100 B sunscreen... I know the SVR 50B is advertized as a physical one, so supposedly no problem with my MMU, but I read on this forum it only contains a low percentage of zinc oxide, so may be not so effective against UVA (although on skincare central they list a PPD of 20).
So what about the SVR 100B? Anybody uses it? Is it greasy, smelly, white - or just perfect? And what about its ingredients? I don't see any avobenzone in it, but maybe there are other things that react with MMU? Question

Ingredients
Aqua (Water Purified), Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethoxydiglycol, C-12-15 Alkyl Tartrate, Myristyl Alcohol, Octyl Triazone, Glycerin, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Ceteareth 33, Sodium PCA, Dimethicone, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Myristyl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Thermus Thermophilus Ferment, Zinc Oxided, Lactic Acid, Alumina, Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, EDTA Na2, CI 15985, Methylparaben.
Marichka
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Here is the manufacturer link for SVR sunscreens:

http://en.labo-svr.com/pages/produits/fiche.php?s_wbg_menu=523#SVR_100B_creme_en
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the svr from skincarecentral. I really dont like it,its very thick and my skin just looked blah with it on. Also it felt like my skin couldnt breath with it on Confused It just feels mask like.

sorry just realised your after reviews of the 100 one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use and like SVR 50B daily without a problem (just not around my eyes).

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where to find the SVR 100B? Skincarecentral has the 50B, but where can i buy the 100B?

and Lucy, are you still using the 50B? tjsmom recommended it to me and it sounds lovely from her description.

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Sigma - why don't you use it around your eyes? I use it all over my face and neck (a large pea size amount), including my eyes. I think Kathleen (the owner) said on her website she uses it on her eyes as well.

The SVR 100 might be too heavy for everyday use but great for at the beach (I'm guessing). The 50 IMHO is perfect for everyday, and I personally don't find it heavy at all, certainly no heavier than any foundation type of product. Plus for me it leaves a dewy/healthy glow and awesome coverage.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
Oh gosh, with the exception of Canadian Ombrelle, I order all of my La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Bioderma, & Avène sunscreens for the face & body from Europe anyway.

hi there.. could you tell us where you buy this SVR sunscreen in Europe?
Thankyou!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
Oh gosh, with the exception of Canadian Ombrelle, I order all of my La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Bioderma, & Avène sunscreens for the face & body from Europe anyway.

hi there.. could you tell us where you buy this SVR sunscreen in Europe?
Thankyou!

that`s what I would also like to know!!!
where do you buy it in Europe???

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |