Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my favorite lip balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Cake Beauty makes amazing lip balms! Not only are they super moisturizing, they smell so good I want to eat them. The only downfall is that they come in a pot instead of a tube.
StayC

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
My top three are:
Vaseline Intensive Lip Therapy
Blistex Original in the blue pot
Loreal HIP Jelly Balm in Plush
beautygeek15

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 am      Reply with quote
My favourite all time is the Lucas Pawpaw ointment... plus it has heaps of other uses, love it Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice Lip Recovery Balm is excellent. I recently started using this again and love it. I put it on before bed and its still on when I wake up! I dont like that its in a pot though.
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
PSF makes a fabulous natural lip balm and it comes in citrus or vanilla..I have the citrus, love it! It's just slightly flavored, hydrates my lips, not coats them, and feels wonderful. They're only $3 so it's great price too. EDS just put them on their website too, which I thought was great.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
But's Bee's is mine, because its natural, affordable and smells great!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
dr. H lip balm because it really moisturises without feeling waxy.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
My favorite includes, By Terry lip balm and Jo Malone.
Tallisa
5% products discount

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is good old chapstick in strawberry, though I REALLY want to try the By Terry lip balm
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:41 am      Reply with quote
My fave lip balm is really a lip plumping treatment. It is called Modele collagen lip treatment. It super hydrates your lips for hours. I can put it on before bed and when I wake up my lips are still super moist. I then just put in on once in the morning and my lips are hydrated all day. It is a bit pricey, but lasts for months and one productthat is worth the price
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Moogoo Edible Lipbalm is my HG lipbalm. My previous HG was Burts Bees but when i found out that BB's parent company tests on animals, i tried Moogoo. Moogoo works even better than BB. You don't have to keep reapplying it all the time & it doesn't leave any obvious film on your lips. The ingredients are nice & natural as the name suggests. I tried the Moogoo Honey Lipbalm as well but i didn't like that one as much because it has a tingling effect on the lips.
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I always have used...

Vaseline Intensive Lip Therapy

but I was told that your lip balm should be lanolin-based... however, I find that Vaseline still works for me
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 am      Reply with quote
tashie79 wrote:
I really love the Pangea Organics Lip Balm. I have Italian Red Mandarin with Rose which smells and feels amazing. I ordered Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom from EDS and can't wait to get it.

It doesn't feel waxy or greasy, it stays on the lips a good amount of time, however it is quite addictive, I keep putting it on because I love the scent so much!!

This is my fave also! with Josie Maran's lip glosses second. They're good enough to eat! The color Happy tastes and smells exactly like really buttery pastry, yummmmm!
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm keen on Kiehl's lip balm. It's so natural, moist and cheap!
Cally

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Burt's Bees for the past year or so. I love that it doesn't feel heavy.
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
I've tried many lip balms, but I always go back to the classic Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula w/ vitamin E that's in a swivel stick. I've been using it for 8 yrs. It is the best, and it's CHEAP, you can get it at any drug store in the U.S. and it has that yummy cocoa butter chocolate smell to it! Your lips aren't greasy afterwards. The cocoa butter and vitamin E are very moisturizing and healing. And because it's packaged in a thick stick, you can also use it on your body. This is one product that I always carry everywhere. Another plus is that it's not tested on animals either. Wink

i like vasline lip balm ,is cheap and useful Smile
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Decleor lip stick because i saw several good comment here.
Will definitely try the By Terry lip balm in the coming future, it hits very high rating in every forum.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
My all time favourite lip balm is by "EOS" (Evolution of Smooth). You can buy it from evolutionofsmooth.com (U.S.) or from drugstore.com in Canada. The lemon drop sphere has an SPF in it, but the other's done. The last time I purchased it from drugstore.com, they didn't have the SPF version; it is new out. I tried every natural lip balm I could get and this is the only one I've stuck with. I prefer the regular one to the SPF one regular use. The SPF version is a little more slippery. I like the texture of the regular versions. It lasts a long time on your lips and doesn't make them feel like they are coated with something. I have tried all the flavours; the only one I didn't like was the raspberry-pomegrante.

HTH
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I just brought a jar of By Terry lip balm, it smell so nice!!!I just use it for 2 days but already fall in love with it.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the John Masters Organic lip balm and it is very nice
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I like Dr.Hauschka lip balm
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was also worth making everyone aware of Burts Bees Shimmers. It is a great alternative if you want to combine a lip balm with some colour. I get compliments everytime I wear the Cocoa colour of Burts Bees Shimmers and my lips are healthier than wearing lip stick. And ... best of all, they are approximately $6. It certainly beats what I was paying for Mac and Nars lipsticks. !!

http://www.burtsbees.ca/natural-products/lips-lip-shimmer-and-gloss/lip-shimmer.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme,

Oh a girl after my own heart! Smile I love the shimmers and have both my daughters hooked on them too! They asked what I had on and that was that! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've been asked the same thing too. It was hilarious - I used to go to a rather high end salon to have my hair done. The women at the salon were very snobby about the makeup products they used. They would name drop about the lines they used and how much they cost. While I was getting my hair done, my stylist commented on how much she loved my lipstick. The stylists working on either side of her said the same thing ... they started speculating what brand it was. When I told them what it was, they were floored. I had to laugh. Out of the 3 women, only one of them took the name of the product and colour down, but she did it when none of the other ladies were around !!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
OMG That's too funny, I love when snobby woman ask what ____ do you use it's gorgeous, and then are floored when you tell them it's a mid-inexpensive brand! Bad Grin Bad Grin

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |