Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my favorite lip balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:
I vote Kiehl's #1 lip balm, very cost-effective. Burt's Bees is good too

same here!

however, I will try the palmer's one later
Wink
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to chapped lips since I started a job in a school, and have to spend every lunchtime outside in the freezing cold!

The only thing I have found that works is the big tubs of 100% pure shea butter from L'Occitane - this is also AMAZING if you've had a cold and your nose is red raw from blowing it. A good way to use it is to hold a hairdryer over the pot - it melts it into a liquid which is nice and soothing to apply.

Only downside - you get a few funny looks from your boyfriend when you climb into bed looking like you've just eaten a box of candles. Small price to pay though!!!
basketballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:
me too
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Found two fellow gals here Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
BeesWork Red Roses Lip Rouge
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
IFor cocoa fan , the Body Shop has one but I did not like the smell. Its to much chocolate for me. Right now im using one from Vichy and one from Biotherm but my next purchase is going to be on EDS. John Masters organic lip Calm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Kiehl's #1 lip balm, very cost-effective, but bad smell

Helena Rubinstein, smell good, but expensive

i like both.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
My personal fav is Blistex Herbal Answer SPF 15. Has Aloe, Chamomile, Avocado, Jojoba oils & Shea Butter.

A must have for me, especially in the cold, drying winters in Ottawa. The only thing that keeps my lips smooth, moist and lovely. I use it along with Modèle's collegan lip treatment...the best I've found for plumping lips.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving my La Mer lip balm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I still search cheaper and best lip balm.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I'm loving my La Mer lip balm.

want to try this one, and cpb lip balm.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love Rosebud Lip Balm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
have u ladies tried rosebud salve? it comes in original and strawberry scent..the most long lasting lip balm/salve i've used
mine has lasted for 2 yrs..and i use it on any dry areas on my hands in winter as well
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the rosebud salve but wanted to mention that Sephora has it in rose mint. I think it's an exclusive of theirs.

I just got the Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment that Carekate recommended and, although I usually avoid anything petroleum-based (as is the rose salve), it is great! The .35 oz is easy to use as a lip balm / carry around. It lasts a long time without needing to reapply!!!!! Can't wait to try it as an exfoliant scrub using sugar per Carekate's suggestion as well Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
DHC from Japan and Forever from USA
my next target is kiehl's baby lip balm

5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I too am in love with Khiel's #1 Lip Balm and I also love Be Fine Lip Exfoliator-dab some on the lips and then wash off and my lips are soft, then I put Khiel's on.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:

Second vote for Kiehl's #1 lip balm. But I haven't tried many lip balms yet. I will include that in my list Razz
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried most lipbalm under the sun and finally concluded no lipbalms will do miracles.

But for peeling/chapped lips,
Laura Mercier lip silk is the best thing in the world. It gives you super soft flakefree lips overnight. I think there's AHA inside but it's pretty mild.
However, because it's exfoliating i wouldn't recommend using it as a regular lipbalm.

I just use random lipbalms and tend to avoid menthol/ peppermint oil/ lanolin now since my lips are quite sensitive.

Using Caudalie grapeseed lipbalm now which i think a lot of people might like. There's a very light, slightly sweet vanilla scent and taste. Cant beat that.

I have smith's rosebud salve and strawberry salve but I dont find them moisturising, a tad greasy but nice tint/gloss though.

Kiehls #1 was like overpriced vaseline for me unfortunately, but their baby lipbalm is quite good. (Mentholatum, a japanese brand, has almost a dupe of kiehls baby lipbalm, it's a chubby pink tube which says Soft Lips i think, but it's different to their usual skinny softlips range in terms of formulation/scent or everything else).

Mentholatum also used to do a lip gel which was so good, haven't been able to track this down though.

For pricy ones, YSL lip and nail balm wins hands down, there's a slight mango/melon scent and it's very moisturising without feeling heavy and glossy enough but still sits well under lipsticks. Not to mention it doubles are a nail balm.
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. I'm looking for a lip care which can make the lips not dry even if do not apply it.

I used Kiehl's, Marykay, carmex(?)and rosebud before. But none of them can do that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
John Masters Lipcalm is really good. Smile
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have used and loved both the fresh sugar lip balm with SPF 15, it smells great, has an addicting texture that is rich and more like a humectant that a slippery-petroleum feel, like the Khiel's #!, which I do like just not as often. The only problem is the price. I have also used and loved the rosebud salve, the only problem is that it is from a pot so you have to scoop it out, but it also makes a great salve on cuticles or other dry spots. Burt's Bees original rocks on convience and price

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 am      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:

I am so agree.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
DH Lip Balm is good.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud Salve (in winter)
Alba coconut cream lip balm (smells great)
Lip Rescue by Dessert Essence
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
just curious
Do you rinse off the lip balm before eating something? I always do and have to take the lip balm with me. So the box-packed lip balm is not convenient. Laughing Exclamation

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |