Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
my favorite lip balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
love kiehl's lip balm, but i only use it during night time, SPF 15? Embarassed
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
My fave is definitely the daily lip conditioner (DCT) from Blistex in the pink pot. Nice sheen, SPF... lasts awhile.. it would be perfect if it came in a tube, too!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently using kiehl's lip balm and it's alright. People should definitely try eucerin aquaphor. That stuff is amaaaaaazing
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Love By Terry's lip balm, it smells very very good(natural rose) and keeping the lips moisture for a long time. But the price is a bit high~~
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I always thought expensive lip balms were a waste of money, when a cheaper one is perfectly adequate.

Until I started taking Roaccutane for my acne. If you don't know about Roaccutane, it's a course of tablets you take for a few months (depends on severity of acne, your sex, weight etc, I think my course was 4-5 months) and it blitzes your acne - supposedly for good, but for me it lasted 5 years then I started getting acne again, so I did a further course.

Anyway, Roaccutane really dries you out - fab for people who have to wash their hair every day like me, for the duration of the course, I could leave two days between washes! But, all your membranes also dry out - eyes, nose, skin, lips etc.

So, I bought lip balm after lip balm and they were all useless - then, finally, I tried Creme de la Mer lip balm, and it was truly the only thing that was able to keep my lips comfortable during this time. I then went and bought the face cream too, which I hated but I have to say it also did the trick to keep my skin comfortable during treatment.

I never used the face cream again after I stopped taking the pills, but I'm never, ever without a tub of the lip balm. It passed the Roaccutane test, and I'm a believer! Very Happy
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I love Fresh Sugar lip balms. They are very moisturizing and have SPF!!
Anne19
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I probably have the worst lips of anyone because mine were burned due to V-Beam laser treatment for telangiectasia. I have been searching for a good lip treatment for many months and finally found one. The ingredients are excellent, it's healing, and it moisturizes better than any other product i've tried. I buy it at New Season's Market.
http://www.natural-skin-health.com/BestLipBalm.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I just went to Sephora and found a wonderful lip balm for night! I use the Fresh with SPF 15 and had been using, at night but really wanted to find one without spf for night. Tried Josie Maran and it is lovely. It has argan oil in it, smells wonderful and no spf. Very moisturizing. I think Sephora just started carrying it.
l0rrie
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud... Here in Europe it's so expensive, almost 10 euros (17 dollars) BUT it's amazing!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, hands down for me

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
PSF lip balm with SPF 15 wins my vote. Image

I mix it with my lipstick, it is totally clear and does not run. And it costs only $3 !
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased Nivea Essential (different name in the US I think... it's the dark blue one) and it's very moisturizing! It works even better when applied under Aquaphor. Too bad it doesn't have any spf though Sad
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Korres guava. It's clear so you can even wear it to bed. Smile
qwyn

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
The best product for dry chapped lips that I have ever tried is Lansinoh. It's made for breastfeeding mothers with sore nipples. It's made from 100% lanolin and is hypoallergenic. A 2oz tube will run you under $10. It's even better than Aquaphor. It works wonders on dry cracked heels too.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Epicuren Discovery tea tree lip balm. It is very pricey but is very healing and worth the splurge.

Purple Emu lip balm is also great, if you like emu oil.
bebe_tc

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud the one and only.
jDowdy

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud Salve. its the best.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I apply coconut oil on my lips. I have found that Coconut Oil is wonderful natural moisture for lips.
Margaritis
5% products discount

Sat May 07, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
This one is nice,

Decleor Aroma Solutions Baume Levres Nourishing Lip Balm
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for one that has a spf - natural - of 30+ and also has no petroleum products or wax in it. These are the specifications that Kandis says should be observed for the L2K program..
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
I'm looking for one that has a spf - natural - of 30+ and also has no petroleum products or wax in it. These are the specifications that Kandis says should be observed for the L2K program..

You could try Jack Black. It's a line geared towards men, but I'm sure it would be harmless to try the lip balm. It's only spf 25 though
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I like the Aveda Lip Treatment, not the lip saver. It smells great but doesn't last as long as I would like. I am just trying Image lip treatment and it smells good enough to eat. It is pretty thick and clear. Lasts a long time too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving the Max Green Alchemy lip balm. I don't have to apply it hardly at all and my lips stay nice and soft. A huge change for me, as I have chronically dry lips! It is inexpensive, too, which is a good plus.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
qwyn wrote:
The best product for dry chapped lips that I have ever tried is Lansinoh. It's made for breastfeeding mothers with sore nipples. It's made from 100% lanolin and is hypoallergenic. A 2oz tube will run you under $10. It's even better than Aquaphor. It works wonders on dry cracked heels too.

I like this one too. The only complaint is that it is hard to squeeze out the product if your house is cold. It solidifies in the tube.

The nivea in the dark blue tube is pretty good for DS product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite lip balms are :
- Eve Lom Kiss Mix
- By Terry Baume De Rose
- Lucas Paw Paw
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |