Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my favorite lip balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Vaseline
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Mental note: must check if these are available in Australia.

I don't think I've seen them here before but I love their moisturisers so I've gotta give this a try. How big are they? I'm guessing you're talking about something larger than a regular lip balm stick?

I will definitely give this a try. I am now using My Favorite Lip Balm by C.O. BIGELOW, which is pretty good too.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
ohh how could I forget the staple SPF15 lip product..

Neutrogena lip conditioner...just right enough of moisture and glossiness without being greasy, plus great sun protection!
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Aquaphor and Weleda Everon Lip Balm. Both are terrific.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the Smith strawberry salve and while I can definitely see the complaints against the smell, I still like it for the texture which is slightly more creamy than the rosebud. Plus even though it smells a little faky, the strawberry smells delicious!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a lip balm from Earthbound Organics and so far I really quite like it. It doesn't contain petroleum and has beeswax in it. I've found I don't need to apply it as often as I normally do with my other lip balms. It's a good buy as it's very cheap.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm usually pretty faithful to Dr. Hauschka's balms (in the pot and stick) and Weleda's Everon. But recently I tried Dr. Bronner's lip balm, largely because it was so inexpensive (less that $3 USD at my local market). I was pleasantly surprised. It was very moisturizing, had a nice scent, and felt great on.
hofrances

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I vote Rosebud - Strawberry Lip Balm.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto Burts Bees

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees makes my lips chap SOOOO badly, just like Khiel's does. My lips look worse after than before using them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
actually a LOT of lipbalms make my lips chap worse than before. Right now I'm swearing by Carekate's Lush Lips and I love it! Only need to apply nightly!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a convert to Eucerin aquaphor in the small tube after reading about it on EDS. I know it's a petroleum based product but it stays on a long time!!

Other than that I usually stick to "natural" products like roll-on Vit. E oil, Naturistics roll-on lip gloss, Kiss My Face ginger mango balm, Badger Balm - especially lemon ginger (obviously, I love ginger), ...

I would like to try Carekate's Lush Lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
actually a LOT of lipbalms make my lips chap worse than before. Right now I'm swearing by Carekate's Lush Lips and I love it! Only need to apply nightly!

I wanna try her lip balm too! Definitely will order some when I sort out my paypal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui,
can you say a little more about Carekate's lush lips. I saw that product on her product list and had been considering it but I was wondering what exactly it did. Is it a lip plumper or does it smooth out lips kind of like an exfoliator? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
Vaseline

I second that Vaseline is the best.
Do not try La mer lip balm waste your time and money.

mumushop
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I actually love La Mer The Lip Balm. I find it quite light, comes in a big tub and also tastes yummy. Smile I don't think it's worth the price though. It's definitely not one of those lip balms I buy 5 of at a time to put in different places.

Has anyone tried Cle de Peau lip balm?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
At the moment i am using caudalie lip balm which i really like. I am also trying living nature manuka hney lipbalm. I am going to try burts bees next.
Has anyone tried mama cocos lip butters i really like the look of these.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
My new favorite is Perfect Complexion's Perfect Kisser. It's wax free and you can use it as an lip, eye and face balm.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Recieved my mama cocos lip balm in the post this morning i ordered the hawaiin vanilla, i will report back as to what i think. I like the smell thats for sure.
catspaw
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Living in a country that has a long winter and some harsh weather (Canada - I live in Ottawa) I have tried many kinds of lip balms over the years. Many (most) end up drying your lips because of the petroleum products in it, so you just get into a cycle of dry, chapped lips. However, since I have been using the Dr. Hauschka lip balm, I have not had a problem!! My lips are soft, even in the coldest cold of the winter. I would not be without this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
sormuimui,
can you say a little more about Carekate's lush lips. I saw that product on her product list and had been considering it but I was wondering what exactly it did. Is it a lip plumper or does it smooth out lips kind of like an exfoliator? Thanks!

Hi gigiab6,

I'm not sormuimui but I can vouch that CK's lush lips are a great lip balm. It's sort of a heavy-duty moisturizing lip balm/tratment. She also has a lip plumper (i've never used it so can't comment) and an exfoliator that helps to remove dry skin. I use the exfoliator in the shower every day and the lip balm at night. She also has colored versions of the lip balm that I use during the day and love. HTH.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Agent 00-CAT,
Thanks that really helps. Unfortunately I now have yet another thing I want...I just wish I could be paid to try all of these things and therefore make money doing what I am already doing. Oh well, one can dream. Thanks again.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica multivitiman power firm lips and eyes it's fab!!
After dabbing on my eyes I wipe the residue on my lips. I normally have really dry lips but having done this all year have had no problems this winter.
I used to use vaseline, always have done but haven't needed to use it this year.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
i've decided Caudalie lipbalm is just alright, it's GOOD for a basic lipbalm but just doesn't quite click with me somehow..

must start the hunt again!

i still love YSL lip and nail balm for a slightly more glossy lipbalm though.
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I actually love La Mer The Lip Balm. I find it quite light, comes in a big tub and also tastes yummy. Smile I don't think it's worth the price though. It's definitely not one of those lip balms I buy 5 of at a time to put in different places.

Has anyone tried Cle de Peau lip balm?

I think La mer lip palm so expensive. The result as same as Vasline. Why I should buy pricey one?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |