Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best blusher you have used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I am always on the hunt for a new blusher so what is your HG blush? Cool

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Ever since Carrie hunted down the Jane blushes for me, that's what I've been using Smile Jane and Stila are both lovely powder blushes; Jane being the *much* cheaper of the two. I am also very fond of NARS Cactus Flower cream blush and JNY sheer gel blush when I'm going for a dewy powder-less look.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Quote:
Ever since Carrie hunted down the Jane blushes for me, that's what I've been using Jane and Stila are both lovely powder blushes; Jane being the *much* cheaper of the two. I am also very fond of NARS Cactus Flower cream blush and JNY sheer gel blush when I'm going for a dewy powder-less look.

I'm going to have to try the Jane gel blush! I prefer cream and gels over powders:

Stila blush pots
Clinique blush pots--now discontinued
Lancome Pommette
Merle Norman Luxiva Cream Blush
: moisture-rich formula. Creamier than most, but perfect for dryer skin-types. I use this at night. Love it.

Want to try Bobbi Brown cream blush. It's on my list!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I really like the cream-to-powder blush by Clinique (Blushwear), in the colour Rosy Blush. It gives me that right-back-from-a-brisk-walk-in-the-cold-look Very Happy
I also like the MAC blush in Mocha (is it available anymore?), it is a cooltoned pink, but doesn't give a china doll look.

At the moment, I'm liking the Diorblush in the color rouge feu (warm red), but I don't like the case, which is huge, plus I find you pay too much for what you get, so I won't buy it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, the Shu Uemura Glow-Ons are the best that I have used, with NARS (I use Zen, Sin and Desire) following a close second.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I recently ordered a few samples of blushes from barefaced minerals. I started with "blissful blush" and have to say that I haven't been able to use anything else!!!

This stuff is fantastic for me..it is a powder, but it seems to take on a natural, but highlighting tone. It appears pink in the jar, but has a coral way about it also. It is extremely natural looking, but gives me a luminous healthy look( p.s the $2 prcie tag for the very generous sample was also a bonus - but still an exceptional product). Very Happy

I also recently purchased a coral mac bluch which is O.K, Confused but I was disapponted overall - probably because I expect more when I pay more these days.

Purelux's nymph blush is also very good. And prior to all this I used Stila's rouch pot in lotus for years (it lasts AGES), and this was good too. Wink

Good luck.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale for powdery blush anf vincent longo lip/cheek stain Very Happy
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
as an excessive blush collector, I highly recommend the following:

Powder:
- armani blushes, pale shades like #1 (pale pink) and #2 (pinky peach) are staples
- Shu uemura glow on blushes (M33E is the must-have color for the perfect pale pink glow, all glow on series are really pigmented despite even if the color seem light in pan)
- Nars ones are worth collecting for more interesting colors (like orgasm, deep throat, sin, cactus flower etc), but most of them tend to be shimmery and not as finely milled as armani or shu uemura. I find it hard to use my darker colored nars blushes since they are SO deep in color.

Cream:- Paula dorf got the best consistency and finish, creamy without greasiness, not too matte, still has a glow to it. Best used with fingers or their professional cream blush brush (such a good brush if you have quite a few cream blushers)

I find armani cream blush too dry..
- Nars multiples are quite nice if you are looking for something quite shimmery, i quite like my portofino one layered underneath foundation (gets rid of excess shimmer).
- Anna sui face colorsticks got super nice consistency too. not to mention prettiest packaging and scent.
- Other popular ones are Stila rouge pots and convertible colors, but i found them a bit greasy or hard to blend.
- If you like gel ones with rich, deeper colors, the Tarte cheek stains are popular choices (they are all along cherry reds, plums, brighter natural reds etc).

some of my blush pics: Embarassed

SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush. I have the Pink, Strawberry, & Peach colors and love them. This stays on all day and has a gorgeous, dewy finish.
ImageImage

I also really like the now-discontinued Revlon Skinlights blush sticks in Peach & Pink.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
MOTHER OF HEAVENS, Sparkle, now THAT's a collection!!!!!!!

Wow, you've got some great colors there!!! I might do a "print screen" and refer to this the next time I'm jonesing for a new blush!

Brilliant!!!!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I know what a collection!!!!
Just wondered has anyone tried the Bourgios blushes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Wow! What a beautiful collection of cosmetics!!!! And great photos to really show the differences in colours.

I'm currently using Nars Orgasm and Pure Luxe Sunkissed Bronzer. I was using Milani Luminous but once I saw the Orgasm shade I knew it was different. It's not as orange as the Milani and far less pigmented, I love a sheer blush so I can build for more colour if I want, usually during the day I use very little blush. It really is a fabulous colour, the perfect neutral/warm shade, it gets a lot of hype but I find it really lives up to it.

I love the Sunkissed Bronzer from Pure Luxe, it's not orange or coral but neither is it pink, it's a really lovely and unique shade that is great for those of use who are pale and want a subtle effect.

http://www.pureluxecosmetics.com/wst_page2.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Nars Orgasm !!! No contest Wink
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
i'm absolutely loving jane iredale's cream to powder blusher in soft pink. it really blends in nicely and doesn't look cakey or powdery at all. i just use my finger and smear it around my cheeks.
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Smashbox=> Prism Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
...Jane and Stila are both lovely powder blushes; Jane being the *much* cheaper of the two. I am also very fond of NARS Cactus Flower cream blush and JNY sheer gel blush when I'm going for a dewy powder-less look.
I’m impressed by the level of restraint that you’ve shown, listing only three “favorites” – I was expecting your reply to read like a laundry list!! Wink Very Happy

For me, it’s Nars The Multiple in “Portofino.” It’s the cream version of the infamous Nars “Orgasm” powder blush. I briefly strayed from my Multiple when I tried Tarte Flush (gel cheek stain) in “Tickled Peach,” which I liked okay except for the fact that it was difficult to blend correctly for those who wearing mineral foundations. My affair with the Tarte only lasted a couple of weeks before I returned to the loving embrace of my trusty Multiple, and I haven’t been unfaithful since!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
MOTHER OF HEAVENS, Sparkle, now THAT's a collection!!!!!!!
I think that Mabsy needs to post photos of her blush collection so we can have a contest to see which one is the biggest! Actually, I think that Sparkle and Mabsy may have been separated at birth, so great is the similarity in their obsession with blushes....

Sparkle, you need to join in on the "Product Specific Makeup Fetishes" thread and make a full confession! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
after viewing the blush collection of course my hubby walks in and says "I hope that not all yours" What a collection how do you decide what to wear when. I have been using JI Dubonet but will really look at the pictures for ideas
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
red head - I've been thinking of trying the JI Dubonnet. How do you like it? Does it have good staying power?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Stila's Convertible Colour - Dual lip and cheek cream in Camellia

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hope wrote:
red head - I've been thinking of trying the JI Dubonnet. How do you like it? Does it have good staying power?

I'm not Red Head Smile but I used the Dubonnet in the past and really liked it. It was a great shade for me, very natural on my pale self, and it did have good staying power. I used the Warm Silk pressed base, followed by the Dubonnet blush, then spritzed my face to set both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:09 am      Reply with quote
damn you all, I went and bought the Nars blusher in orgasm, lovely light flush and had to buy a nars lip laquer and laura mercier gloss to boot! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I use BE Glee as a blusher.....The colour is just right for me...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
After reading reviews on MMA:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=8037/Blush_in_Pink_Rose/Rimmel/Blush/
I went and bought Rimmel's blush in Pink Rose.
I was not really expecting much but if you can overlook the packaging then this blush matches any high end brand!!!!
I am very impressed.
.....Kate Moss' escapades did not not effect my decision to buy Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I like the Stila rouge pot - use Sweet Pea. I don't wear foundation, just concealer and I like using a cream. Am curious about the Tarte cheek stain though.

Age 55, slightly oily skin, African American

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |