Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I received a small sample of this, but its a generous one considering you don't need much of this moisturizer when applying. I love the texture of it and the way it softens my skin, I've been using this for 3 days and so far I haven't had any reactions to this product, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its a keeper and I can purchase more of this wonderful moisturizer for the wintertime!

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream (30 ml / 1 oz)
Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream (30 ml / 1 oz)

A light daily moisturizer for healthy, toned skin, Quince Day Cream refreshes and protects balanced to slightly dry skin while supporting moisture content.

miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mosette

It is a lovely cream isn't it?

Even with oily skin, I was at first horrified at the thickness, but actually it leaves a nice matte sheen on afterwards. Very good for hydration.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I really like this cream as well. I bought a full size tube without trying it first and I must say I was surprised by how thick it seemed (given that it's for combination skin). I soon discovered that it really just melts in on the skin and isn't too thick at all. Nice stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I love this cream too! My skin is on the oily side and I found it much better than the rose day cream for my type of skin. Definitely a good winter cream.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to follow-up on this review as well because I just finished a full size tube of this cream not long ago. I don't really have much to add over what I said previously - great texture, not oily (though you need to wait for it to sink in a bit), no clogged pores, natural ingredients - but just wanted to say that after using the whole tube I would buy this cream again. However, for a while I will be trying to finish off some other stuff I have before I repurchase (this is by necessity - I need to make more space in my bathroom for new products that you guys keep raving about Smile).
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I feel a little bit weird that Quince cream should be lighter than Rose cream. however, when I apply Quice cream, my skin shines all day and feels very oily. when I put Rose cream, I don't have the problems at all. for me, rose ream is much better.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
That is very strange. I have used both and the rose day cream, as much as I love it, is definitely too rich for my skin. Texture wise the rose day cream is a heavier cream whereas the quince is like a gel/cream.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh... I lurve Dr.H! I have found the products to be very soothing and gentle for my skin when it's been through the drill.

Quince Day Cream is quite light, but I don't know how oily skin will react as I do think the Dr. H range is more suitable for normal/dry/sensitive sin types as opposed to oily/combo acneic skin types. I think it is due to the fact that they use alot of cold pressed oils and essential oils. While some essential oils are good for acneic and oily skin types I just can't see how an oil based cream will benefit skin that is abundant in oil or acne. Or if you live in a tropical climate- forget it! Unless you wanna have oil slick running down your top.

Having said that, I loved everything about the Quince cream. The cream is light and spreads very smoothly and you don't need to use much of the products because it is quite hydrating.

My sister absolutely loves the Night Rythmic Conditioner. She thinks it gives her a certain glow and softness.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've read a lot of reviews on Dr.H's Quince and Rose creams but can someone compare them to the regular Moisturizing Day Cream? That seems to be lighter than both of the former and more suited for combination skin types.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, I've used the Rose Day Cream and the Moisturizing Day Cream. Oddly, I found the Rose much more moisturizing (and as others have said, very rich in texture and density). I liked the Moisturizing Day Cream for summer wear because it gets so humid where I live, but I doubt that it would be moisturizing enough for my combination skin in the winters.

One thing that I wasn't so thrilled about with the Moisturizing Day Cream was the scent--I thought it smelled of oatmeal. It wasn't offensive, per se, but it wasn't as lovely as many of the Hauschka products.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I pulled this out last week when the weather had turned super cold. I realized just how much I like this cream for colder weather. It is moisturizing, it sinks into the skin, it doesn't cause breakouts -- it's really a great moisturizer. This and the Zia Ulitmate moisture are my favorites.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased a sample size of the Quince Day Cream last night (in the Dr. H trial kit with Rose Day Cream, Toner, CC, Cleansing Milk, Moisturizing Day Cream) and I must say I really love it. Nice & moisturizing, but doesn't leave a shine to the face - I think I'll be buying a full size when I run out of my current moisturizer (Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
trial kit sounds like a good idea... especially it has all the products i want to try from Dr. H.

Thanks all Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about everywhere, but a lot of local places that sell Dr. H in Seattle actually have tiny samples of the products for free. You generally have to ask for them, but it's worth it when you consider the price of a full-sized product. Bastyr Dispensary in Seattle is where I get my freebies, for any other Emerald City folks. I prefer doing this over purchasing a whole set of samples, since I generally only want to try out one thing (and I have a drawer so full of samples I'm starting to worry about them encroaching on my full-time-product-space!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
i have use this sample before, i think it is good for summer use, i am dry skin!
the local store nearby my home do not carry free sample! Sad
TBLand

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was amazing after trying Quince day cream.
My skin was very dry and over sensitive. I use Rose day cream in the winter time, but now I found that is too rich for me, so I try Quince. At first, i was worry that not moisture enough, but it work out very well for the whole day.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
TBLand wrote:
I was amazing after trying Quince day cream.
My skin was very dry and over sensitive. I use Rose day cream in the winter time, but now I found that is too rich for me, so I try Quince. At first, i was worry that not moisture enough, but it work out very well for the whole day.

Someone just posted that there is a new "light" version of the rose day cream. I'm so there! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I have gone through two tubes of this cream. It is perfect for hotter days. It is light enough that it won't clog my skin or get me all greasy but heavy enough that it is a good moisturizer for the Denver climate. You should try a sample first to make sure it works for you because it is expensive.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I like this moisturizer, too! It doesn't make my face red like the rose day cream does.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like this one a lot, but I think my skin has dried out more than I realized. I had been using a sample of the Rose Day Cream for a few days before I received my full-size Quince, and I think my skin liked the moisture of the Rose better! Times have changed since I was an oily teen, I guess. I'm still having trouble adjusting to my ever-maturing skin, I often treat it as way oilier than it actually is.

HOWEVER...

chimera wrote:
I like this moisturizer, too! It doesn't make my face red like the rose day cream does.

Despite the fact that I liked the Rose cream better, I also had that reaction of it making my face red! It's kind of weird, considering that it's supposed to be for sensitive skin. Anyone else have this reaction?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I like this product too. It smells really good! and works well for me in the am under makeup.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I prefer this cream over the rose day cream. The rose seems too oily and makes my skin red, I would recommend this to people who don't need super super moisturizing!
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm been using this moisturizer for a month now. I didn't get on well with it at first.

After applying it on in the morning, my skin become flaky in the afternoon!! Confused Had no idea why. But after i included the PSF HA serum in my skincare routine, the problem went away. I think it may be better for me to use this moisturizer in summer. By the way, it smells lovely for me and the texture is light.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the quince day cream for a little over a year now and love it! It spreads nicely and doesn't leave a shiny film on my face. I also feel clean after applying it. It still feels like my skin can breathe. My skin is so clear since using Dr. H. I use the cleansing milk and then the quince cream.

I found the rose cream way too rich for my skin. It also has peanut oil which worries me although the Dr. H line says they take the allergen out of the peanut oil.
Sassenach
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Oily and the Dry Hauschka trial kits, and have been alternating between Quince, Rose and Normalizing Facve Oil. I like all three, but Quince is my favorite.

To aid in applying these, I mist my face with distilled water, and pat a small amount all over my face. I've found that all of Dr H products are quite concentrated, and only a small amount is needed.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |