Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My face is a broken out mess!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had the week from hell, and it is popping up all over my face. I need to know what to do to get rid of them. And fast. If anyone out thier knows for sure what to do pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know because my whole world was turned up side down this week and on top of it I feel so ugly. Please help me! Crying or Very sad
K
5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry about that - I feel your pain. Between hormones, stress, and/or humidity, I feel like I'm always in that situation.

For me I've had very good luck using MD Formulations Clearing Complex Masque when my skin is in a bad way. It says to use it once or twice a week, but on some occasions I've used it three or four evenings in a row and I think it helps me a lot.

I cleanse, use the masque and leave it on for about 20 minutes, then I rinse, and don't put anything else on my skin... well, maybe a little benzoyl peroxide on a couple spots.

I've started using the pevonia clarifyl line and have had good luck with it so far. My skinhas been relatively calm... hope it lasts. Good luck to you Smile
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi madeline Smile I've been there so I can relate. From my experience the worst possible response to the situation is to panic and become desperate enough to use products that will do damage in the long run (a hydrogen peroxide product in my case). I don't know *for sure* what you should do but I can recommend whats working for me - aspirin masks and Decleor Essential Balm. There is a recipe in the DIY thread for the aspirin mask. Do not attempt if you are allergic to aspirin, though. Do a search on these 2 if you want to find out more.

I'm now trying Boscia and next up is Yonka Juvenil which gets raves on this forum.

BTW, welcome to the forum madeline and K!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your week. The good news is that if this is stress related then it should go away quite easily, provided that your stress levels drop. I would suggest drinking lots ot water, getting enough sleep, and using something like MD Formulations Clearing Complex or YonKa Juvenil in combination with a glycolic acid (or salicylic acid) cleanser to help clear out the pores and exfoliate the skin.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry to hear about your problem and I realy understand the feeling because I have gone through it too.
I have break out for years and I have tried clearasil, netrogena, N.V. Perricone...(from cleanser to spot treatment) I've also tried Azelex and several other drugs descripted by clinic nursers. But my break out continues.
My skin got changed after I went to dermatologist 3 months ago. He suggest me:
1. use oil-free moisturer and sunscreen,
2. Description: (1)cleanser:clenia foaming wash,(2)spot treatment:duac topical,(3) tetracycline oral taken.
Now I have only a couple of small pimples every month and my concern about skin is to take care the dark spots left by the previous acne.
I would like to suggest:
1. If your break out problem is severe,go to dermatologist
2. If it is not that severe or you do not want dermatologist, use (1)stronger but not harsh/irretative cleanser (2)oil-free moisture and sunscreen (3)pore clean mask twice per week (4)drink more water
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
cut dairy out for maybe 1 week. it really helps. like milk/cheese/creams/yogurt. things like that.. drink lots of water and no sugar... believe is or not if i have a breakout problem like you have cause of different things in life i use this. for about 2-3 days straight really helps kill all that bacteria give it a try it's like $5 http://www.clearasil.us/products/product.phtml?column_item_id=92&column_id=19&column_category=8 and i put it all over my face not a spot thing as i think it says to do.. don't keep using it longer then that cause your skin can get kinda red/flaky after that spot treatment is good..
hope that helps you out a bit.
kylala
5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Madeline, I have to say that ACV toner is a miracle for certain kinds of breakout. My skin hasn't looked this clear in a long time. It stinks, but you could mask the odor using carekate's recipe. It is worth a try. Take care.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I can't even tell you how much better I feel just reading these tips. I am going to try out the acv toner and asperin mask. I eat way to much dairy so I will stop that for a little while, and I don't drink nearly as much water as I should. I also bought the new olay anti-blemish anti-aging moisturizer that I am a little excited about. Has anyone tried this? I never see one moisturizer designed for aging and blemish problems, so I was happy when I saw it. Very Happy
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi skinprofusion and madeline Smile I've recently been monitoring what I eat to see if dairy is the culprit. I overindulged in cheese one weekend (darn that yummy tomato mozzarella salad! Laughing ) and after a week I had breakouts. skinprofusion does that sound like cheese is the culprit or do the effects of dairy consumption take less time than that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
How is your skin now Madeline?
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Im not getting anymore pop ups, and the ones I have seem to be fading!!! I think that the water really helped. But I am having a hard time stopping the dairy. Being an Italian in New York, it so hard to stay away from cheese. I was a vegan for a while and then I cheated and ate a portabella mushroom and mozzarella wrap, and then went on a dairy binge!!! That also could be part of the problem. Your tips have been really encouraging, thank you.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yay madeline glad to know your breakout is subsiding! I sympathize with the dairy thing, its very hard for me to resist cheese. Fresh mozzarella, yum! And let me not get started about parmeggiano reggiano, double-yum! I've been keeping a food diary and I find that if I don't overindulge and eat a little cheese at a time I'm fine. My system can handle Pret A Manger's ham and swiss on a baguette, for example, if I throw out half of the cheese. There seems to be a threshold of tolerance in my case. Total abstention is not an option for me coz will only backfire and lead to a binge. Hope things keep getting better for you.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |