Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
sunscreens
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this site and finding it very informative. I,ve been reading the links on sunscreens and been wanting to try the la roche posay sunscreens but saw that mineral foundations can degrade the uva in it. Does anyone know any makeup that would be good to use with la roche as I cant go without my foundation!!

Thanks Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
That's a really tough one... I don't think we have found one yet. However, Avene is okay with foundations that contain iron oxides, so you could look into that. I like the Avene 60 in the spray. When I wear make up, I use this one! I don't wear make up everyday though. I don't know what type of make up you wear, or how often....but, if you wear mineral make up, another option is to prime first with cornstartch; or a cornstarch based product like Jurlique Silk Dust. Ideally, I would use the Avene though, and the LPR on non-makeup days. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Is the avene one very oily? My skin is pretty normal, I hardly ever get pimples but i do get blackeads so have to be careful i dont put anything to heavy on my face. I wear makeup every day at the moment a Loreal one.
We only get one avene sunscreen in australia which I hated(so thick and white)so I have to purchase overseas Crying or Very sad We dont get LRP either just ordered that from overseas.
Do you or anyone else know any good web sites that sell avene(that ship overseas)

Thanks Heaps
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I order it from the same place as the LPR, usually at the same time. It is less greasy than the LPR, IMO. I get the spray in the orange bottle. SPF 60.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Has the spray been designed for use on the face?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I really don't know, but I haven't had any problems with it. I know some other EDS members use it as well, and like it. If LPR isn't giving you a problem, I doubt this would either. What LPR are you using? I use Fluide Extreme 60, so that is what I am comparing it to. If you are using a lighter product than the FE 60, then I am not sure.

http://www.bce-europe.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=9&products_id=924&osCsid=342816632dfeefc678887e7f7c4c4d51

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
i havent used lrp yet but I have ordered the LRP fluide extreme 60 so i guess Ill see if my skin lkes that first before trying anything else
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the Avène Emulsion 60 and must say that with the minimum quarter/teaspoon-sized amount that is recommended for application to the face alone, my face was left with a thick, chalky-white cast all day. Not too sticky, though. I wear this on days I have to stay at home to get work done (windows = sunlight) & pray the UPS guy doesn't come that day.

Applying any face products like foundation only worsened the effect for me, because whatever I applied appeared extremely thick atop this sunscreen, & never looked rubbed in. The irony of all of it all is that I ordered this particular sunscreen specifically for when I'd like to wear makeup! (I usually wear the Anthélios XL Fluide Extreme 60.)

However, I've heard raves on this board regarding the spray version of this Avène sunscreen, and I'd like to try it. Does it provide a less-chalky cast? Does it sting the eyes at all?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I use the Avene spray and have never had a problem - no white casts. I use it on my face and body in SPF40. This is the least oily sunscreen I've found.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
When you apply this, do you apply it directly to the face, or fill it in your palm first?
Veronica

Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get the Avene 60?
And what is LPR? Confused
Thank you guys!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
When you apply this, do you apply it directly to the face, or fill it in your palm first?

I spray it in my hands first, and then apply. I am careful around my eye area, but do put it right up to my lashes. I haven't had any stinging. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Veronica wrote:
Where can I get the Avene 60?
And what is LPR? Confused
Thank you guys!

http://www.bce-europe.com/index.php?osCsid=85b3326f2324d2ca926c14500084ed96

Shipping is expensive, but they carry both lines. I just make large orders...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Avene Spray SPF50+ (used to be called SPF60) everyday I wear makeup. Like faith, I use LRP FE on non-makeup days. I consider the oiliness of each product to be about equal. The Avene Spray doesn't create any chalkiness -- at most, only a bit of whiteness. It spreads on easily because it's so liquidy, just like LRP FE.

Because of the long, hot summer we've had, I've been wanting to try Avene Emulsion SPF50+ since it's touted as being less oily, but after reading SugarFreeSheila's remarks I'm not sure I want to!!! Since s+h charges make these products so expensive, experimentation is risky. I've been very happy with the Spray (which I first squirt into my palm before applying), but have to use a dusting of T.LeClerc Camelia loose powder to cut the shine (at least while the weather's so hot). Another good thing about the Spray is that it comes in a 100ml bottle, whereas many of the other Avene sunscreens come in 50ml sizes. A friend brought me some Avene Creme SPF50+ from her trip to France and it's extremely rich so I'm saving it for the dead of Winter. Also, even though it's not labelled as being tinted, it has a slightly pinkish cast until it's applied and then it leaves a whiter film than the Spray. I've also used Avene Lotion/Lait SPF50+ for face and body and this is heavy-duty stuff -- very thick and rich and leaves quite a bit of whiteness on the skin (but less so as it finally "sets"). This also comes in a 100ml size.

Bad Bird uses LRP FE but she rarely wears makeup. It's advantage over Avene is that it offers better UVA protection.

Bottom line - Avene Spray SPF50+ is my favorite sunscreen and has become a staple in my cosmetic collection. Since so many makeup products contain metallic ingredients, I feel more confident that I'm not degrading sunscreen effectiveness by applying makeup over it.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Does the avene spray have tinosorb(is that the right word??)in it?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Does the avene spray have tinosorb(is that the right word??)in it?

Yup, that's the one. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your help Very Happy
I noticed they(avene) have a gel cream for oily skin,anyone tried that? LPR have a spray now too i saw at beauty target,could be worth trying.

Another question,sorry, the LPR i ordered is the XL,not SX, is that just as good,I dont know the difference between the two.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
XL is the one I use, Carolb69! Also, I use the La Roche-Posay Anthélios spray on my back; that's one area my husband can take care of. lol (Even I'll admit sunscreen's a pain!)
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
hello, is it ok to mix the two together in the morning? Because i have been reading posts about how some ingredients degrade the LRP.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
hello, is it ok to mix the two together in the morning? Because i have been reading posts about how some ingredients degrade the LRP.

Mix what two? LRP FE and Avene?? and then put on make up? No, doing that will still cause the LRP to degrade.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello, has anyone here try the Oil Of Olay moisturizer with sunscreen? It comes in SPF 15 and 30. I tried the SPF 15 one and I found it quite good...it's moisturizing enough already and it's not expensive. If you don't stay out in the sun for long hours, that might be a good choice. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |