Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mirela

Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody
I am new to this..I am 37 years old, with combination skin and I have been mainly using Chanell, YSL, Lancome and Dior products..
I think the only one that I would purchase again is Chanell Hydramax, it's very light for my T zone
This forum is absolutely amazing..
I've been reading it for a week now and I stopped doing anything else in the house..
Based on your advice I've already ordered the following:
-Henry Tianus antioxidant purifying serum, 10% vit c and the Antioxidant eye/lip/neck serum
I started using them 3-4 days ago, skin is less duller but still greasy and I got a few spots. Shouls I use it only once per day?

Also ordered:
-Jurlique ultra sensitive face wash
-dr H cleansing cream ( not yet confident to try Carekate's recipe)
-Sothy's hydroptimale gel
-Murad essential C eye serum
-Valmont Renewing Pack Mask
-samples for combination skin from PSF and the Pumpkin mask
Gosh I feel embarassed...I bought too many
-found Lucia serum on ebay and ordered Dreamlash from US
Does anybody know where I can find Ardell EYELASH GROWTH ACCELERATOR? I live in uk and none of the websites i found want to deliver to Uk. thank you Carekate for all your tips, you are absolutely great..
I will write again after I start using my products..Have I bought the right stuff?

I do have a few silly question about make up
Should I wear foundation and what type or can I just get away with translucent powder and than powder blush?
What products are pretty good for comb skin?

I'm so excited ..I can't wait to receive my orders
many thanks everybody
mirella
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Wow!! You ordered some great products! I bet you will be pleased when they come! I haven't tried the Henry Tianus products, but I would give it some time for your skin to adjust. Often when your skin adjusts to new regimes, it reacts. In the meantime, I would just spot treat with a little teatree oil. Hopefully it will clear up soon. One thing I can tell you though is Vit C serum needs to be used only once per day. Also, I would recommend a sunscreen. Avene (in the orange pack) is readily available in the UK, and photostable, so a good choice IMO.

As for foundation, I would recommend a mineral foundation. Do a search on EDS for mineral makeup and you will find many, many threads about it. Some popular brands are Jane Iredale, Bare Escentuals, Pure Lux, Bare Faced Minerals... The latter 2 ship internationally for sure, and the owners are very helpful for colours. You can also order samples to make sure you get the right colour. JI and BE are available on ebay... Once you master the technique of applying mineral makeup, I am sure you will get better coverage than you did with regular foundation, and it will be better for your skin. Smile

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
cheers Faith
I'll try Jane Iredale, they've got a uk site.
thanks for the advice about the Cool tea tree oil, I've got it at home actually
The sunscreen..do you wear it all year around, under moisturizer or on its own?
mirella

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
All year round!! I use pretty heavy sunscreen; it's a bit greasy so I don't really need moisturizer. But, there isn't any reason why you couldn't use one. If you are using it with moisturizer, put that first, then SS, then make up. There are some other sunscreen threads going now too, so maybe it would be helpful to read those. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Try shisiedo. Great feel and color, non-oily but still has a slight sheen.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)