Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Need advice on which copper peptide product to get!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I hope all of you are having a good weekend.

In 2 weeks, I will start doing my weekly 50% glycolic peels (pH of 2.1). I already have my emu oil onhand, as well as my 10% glycolic acid for daily use, and am only lacking in the copper peptide department. Since I've heard many unbiased and consistent raves about them, I finally decided to take the plunge!

Based on the following information from PlatinumSkincare.com, and based on the fact that I prefer to go to bed with moisturized skin and with as few steps as possible, which of the following copper peptide products should I choose? (It is very important that I use something strong enough to see results, but also be cautious not to purchase something way too strong to use immediately after a 50% glycolic peel.) I only apply topicals at night, so an odd color won't bother me. Smile

Strength of Products

Copper serum -
very strong

Super Copper Serum -
2x as much copper as original!

Super Cop Cream -
2x as much copper as Super Serum!!

Super Cop Cream 2x -
2x as much copper as Super Cop Cream!!!!!

Yes, you can use all of them on your face or body. The Super Cop Cream(s) may cause some itching/tingling after you have applied them. They are also a darker blue color and may be visible on your face, therefore we usually recommend they be used in the evenings!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
You should start of with copper peps SLOWLY! You could get severe 'uglies' if you don't. Although, it is possible that you may be able to counter act this with the strong acids you are about to use.

You should also be aware that CPs produce results slowly. I suggest that you contact DebbieNIR at the diana yvonne skincare forum, for better advice. Tehy really know their onions over there!

Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Smile is there something that shouldnt be mixed while using cp ? like aha's or something ? thx
Arrow lassie 1234
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
you can't mix vit C serums and if you are using acids, you need to await half an hour before applying the copper because it's inactivated by acids.

hth, Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Use the serum not the cream if you are prone to breakouts. I've been using the copper peptide serum for about a year now and just about to go up to the supercop serum when I order next. Like Guapa said, start slowly and work your way up. These take a long time to see results so you have to be really patient.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Smile can you tell me what cp does for the skin ? and why it takes so long ? thanks
Arrow lassie1234
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
http://www.theskincareboard.com/

I second Guapa's suggestion, here's the url for Diana Yvonne's board.

Lassy, you can go towww.skinbio.com for info on what cps do. This is the inventor's website.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all of this helpful information. I will be placing my copper peptide order tonight!

P.S: I would love to hear more about the "uglies." I hear that old issues with the skin, from up to over a decade prior, will resurface, work themselves out (so to speak), and eventually dissipate. How long do the "Uglies" usually last? (Please do feel free to point me to a thread if there is an appropriate one!)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
The uglies vary from person to person, but they can be reduced by going slowly and exfoliating.

It sounds like you have a pretty intense exfol regimen planned, so they may come quicker, but also go quicker in your case.

Please be careful with the acids though. I was a fairly experienced home acid user and got a really bad burn last year!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I was going to ask you about that. Was this from leaving on a peel for too lengthy of a time? At any rate, I'm sorry this happened to you.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila,

In case you haven't place your order yet, you can order samples sizes from dianayvonne.com. The samples will last you a while and you will find out if your skin likes the serum or cream better.

The before and after pictures on DY are very inspirational Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
I was going to ask you about that. Was this from leaving on a peel for too lengthy of a time? At any rate, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Yes, my fault for multi tasking Embarassed All the same, it was only on for 5 mins instead of 3 mins.

I am very cautious now and guapaboy made me bin the lot. I am thinking of maybe introducing a different type of peel now thoug. I'm going to see what they recommend on the DY forum

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Switching to another type of peel might be a good idea ... or maybe you could try the same peel again, but in a less potent formula? Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you, Guapagirl. Sad

P.S: I ended up getting the Super Copper Serum!

P.P.S: I will be alternating nightly applications of Vitamin C serum, copper peptides, & glycolic acid - only one active per night. That said, is it safe to assume that C E Ferulic is alright to use and will thus not be degraded by the copper peptides?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
P.P.S: I will be alternating nightly applications of Vitamin C serum, copper peptides, & glycolic acid - only one active per night. That said, is it safe to assume that C E Ferulic is alright to use and will thus not be degraded by the copper peptides?

The information regarding Vit C and Copper Peptides is rather unclear now. I emailed Skin Bio to ask them about this (after there was a review of a new product that contained both) and they told me they are fine to use together, and no one has experienced a problem. I have to admit, I find it all a bit odd. Initially, I believe there was research done on the 2, but now they are disregarding it. Anyway, since you are just using it at night, it will be at least 24 hours apart; could be more depending in the order and routine of your products! That is more than sufficient, IMO. I use mine 12 hours apart. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Sheila, you are doing C vit one night, CP the next night and glycolic the night after?

I think that sounds like a good routine, especially if you got the super cop. (a high % girl, just like me Very Happy). Despite what they say on skinbio now, I wouldn't mix CP and C vit at the same time.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
about 3 weeks ago i applied a 16% tca peel for 1 minute, neutralized with baking soda and water then splashed face with cool water several times. i then applied cp serum and emu oil. i have followed this routine (minus the peel) nightly and the results have been amazing....up until a few days ago when i started getting little pimples, is this part of the "uglies?"

on the skin bio forum i read that this seems to happen to many people though they are mostly all acne prone and i am not. i was an avid sunbather during my formative years and as a result i'm trying to correct some blotchy pigment on my cheeks. should i stick with the cp and emu oil? maybe cut back on them for awhile? any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

my full routine is as follows:
am
ceptaphil gentle cleanser (12 yrs)
skinceuticals 15% vit. c (6 months)
eurecin extra protective moisture lotion spf 30 (5 yrs)
mac studiofix (9 yrs)

pm
glycolic cleanser (2 months)
cp serum (3 weeks)
emu oil (3 weeks)
(all 3 products are from platinumskincare.com)
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Guapagirl: yes, this will be my routine. Smile For now until my Super Copper Serum arrives, I'm doing the Gly Derm Cream Plus 10% two nights in a row, then SkinCeuticals A+AHA on the third night. (Switching to CE Ferulic after I finish up that bottle.) Ultimately, it'll be a 3-product nightly cycle.

Honestly, I am very nervous about the copper peptide serum after reading this thread (http://www.theskincareboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=371&highlight=platinumskincare+com), but since it works beautifully for SO many, I will give it a true trial run & pray for the best! Smile

Yogaholic: I know this is a very premature question, but aside from what you are experiencing with the tiny pimples, have you noticed any general complexion improvement since beginning the TCA peels? (I hope what has recently cropped up gets no worse and goes away quickly!)
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have done alot of research on copper peptides as a skin rejuvenator. Preliminary clinical studies have found it to be quite promising for treating aging skin because of copper peptides firming properties, enhancing the skin's elasticity, stimulating collagen formation, its healing abilities and well a being a powerful antioxidant. (You can refer to http://skincareresourcecenter.com/Copper-Peptides.html for more information or for a more scientific explanation try http://smartskincare.com ).
Using an AHA- glycolic 8% to 15% treatment prior to the copper peptide enhances its effects. Most studies clearly state to avoid using a vitamin C product at the same time as they will nullify the effects of each other. Simply use each at different times of the day.
In addition to the Skin Biology line, Neova also carries a line of copper peptide products. I use the Neova because they have a copper peptide for dry and sensitive skin- (very pricey though but I do like it and it has lasted a very long time!) Skin Biology is much cheaper and also has a lot of educational information on their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Yogaholic, pimples are not a sign of the uglies. I think that you are having a reaction to something else maybe.

The uglies as us CP tarts call them are when the skin gets a weird crepey texture. It almost seems slack and it is very alarming!

The answer is to lay off the CP and start reapplying in either dilute forms or just 2-3 times a week. Sheila, I think this is particularly pertinant to you as a new user. You really must start slowly especially as you are using the high strength CPs.

You shouldn't get any irritation as such, though you may get a tingle to begin with. You should find CPs help with any irritation after acid peels as well. I have used them for wound healing of burns etc and they really speeded healing up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Shelia,

Guapa is giving you great advice. A week or so ago I used SB Copper Peptide (only two drops) a couple of days in a row without diluting and I had the uglies worse than I've ever had! I wasn't this "ugly" even when I used the Obagi regimen or started on prescription retinoids! I swear I looked 20 yrs older. Go s-l-o-w!

-Cheri
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I like CPs after peels I've moves up to super cop on some areas. I've been using anew product recently that really seems to help after peels PSF O2 serum. Since I've used this I have no redness or spots even after high conc glycolic peels. I've been thinking of using TCA peels but am afraid they might be too harsh.

P.S. I've never had "the uglies from CPs, maybe because I exfoliate frequently. I have had allergic reactions to several peptide creams. I've used some of the actives separately (especially Matrixyl) so I've never
figured out what caused the bad reaction.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I am sooooo getting tempted to start using acid peels again. Please, someone, stop me! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
tiny pimples are gone!! i didn't apply either the cp serum or emu oil for the past two nights and my skin is smooth again. i probably did have a reaction but with my routine being fairly simple and being 3 weeks into the cp and emu oil, i'm not sure what went wrong. i will start using the cp serum without the emu oil every other night and hopefully the tiny pimples won't return because i think this stuff has brightened up my complexion more than the vit. c.

SugarFreeSheila,
the tca peel worked like magic for me....now you see it, now you don't. even though i only applied the peel once (to cheeks) and for only 1 minute, my pigmentation has evened out. according to the directions i should do another peel every 3-4 weeks but at this point i don't need to.
Valerie Scozzarella

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Smile Hello, I am a newbie to this site/forum. I found it quite by accident, but glad I did. I know some of the posts re:copper peptides are in the latter part of 2005, but since I use them, I thought I would add my opinion. I am one of those women who have tried just about everything out there! That is probably a little exaggerated, because there are soooo many products out there, so let's just say, I have tried numerous products! I found an article about copper peptides last September. I went to skin biology's site. They are very helpful as far as suggesting what you may want to use on your skin. I agree with the posts that said the site has so much info that it becomes confusing. I called and spoke with a gal named Gina-really knows her stuff! I also got the book Dr. Pickart just released. It really helped to simplify the different ways to use products. After I read the book, I would go to the skin biology site and pick and choose the area I wanted to research further. This is way too long, so I will finish up with telling you what I use. I use CP serum)diluted) then squalane over it in the AM after cleansing. I use the High Retinol with lavender oil around my eyes about every 2-3 days. If I don't use that, I just use the squalane around the eyes. I DON"T use the CP serum around my eyes, though. At night, I alternate different products. One night, after cleansing, I use Exfol cream then apply emu oil for skin on top (oil aroud eyes). You can use the exfol cream under the eye area-helps with dark circles. The next night, cleanse, then I use the Tri-Reduction with Retinol and apply emu oil over it. I change some of the things I use here and there, but that was because I got some tips from skin biology. I have been pretty happy with my results so far. I am seriously considering calling and checking about moving up to Super Cop. I saw a question re: moles and/or skin tags. The Exfol cream can be applied to them 2-3 times/day. If the area gets very irrritated, then decrease amt. until irritation decreases, but try and use it at least 1-2 times/day if possible. I have had good luck with skin tags coming off usong the exfol cream. Just a note-the exfol comes in a serum also as well as some of the other products, meaning available in serum or cream form. The indicator is your age and skin type/condition. That is where skin biology was really helpful. Hope this helped somebody. Sorry my very first post was so lengthy. When I found this site the topic was re: copper peptides, so I thought it would help me to join this forum and see what others have to say. Perhaps, someone is using a product that may work better and faster-I am always open to suggestions. I also noticed the name Dianne Yvonne ?sp. You can find her info on the skin biology site and a link to her products. Thanks to those who had the patience to read this far!!! Have a great evening and a good day tomorrow. Now, I will read comments and hold mine for future need! P.S. I did forget to mention that with every $50.00 purchase(skin biology) you have a choice of a sample product (free). The sample sizes are really generous, ex. my squalane was a sample I chose with a purchase over $5o. I have been using that bottle for a couple months and the bottle is still 3/4 full-very generous amounts compared to samples from other companies that allowed one or two times to try the product. I said I would stop-I am REALLY finished for a while. Again, thanks to those who stuck with me to this point!
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Valerie! I think you'll enjoy the forum.
I am curious as to who is using retinols and copper peptides lately? Can you apply copper peptide over retinol at night or should you just use a moisturizer? I have been reading the copper peptide posts and am really confused, also most of them are years old. I have been using Linda Sy's Green Cream Retinol 3% with good results. I peel lightly now and apply jojoba oil over the retinol at night for moisturization. I only have been using the retinol every 3 days now and will be increasing to every 2 days next week. I exfoliate with a glycolic cleanser every other night and use DHCC and OCM the rest of the time. I have also found a glycolic toner 10% that I am going to incorporate into my regimen by applying it prior to the retinol. Any experienced users please reply!! thanks Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |