Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
what can I do ?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
safina

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
HI,
I am an 18yrs old that sinc e recently have been batteling with dry skin.Probably due to a horrible skin cream that (I believe!) stripped my skin of some vital oils. I am not extremely dry but I'm dry and my face appears to be quite dull. I use to have beautiful skin, baby soft (and Im not just saying that) without any problems. Now I'm really miss it.
Is there anyway my skin can go back to normal without having to follow dryskin care regimes for the rest of my life. Can these these vital oils( that I think are somewhat lacking) be restored? If i follow a skin routine for some time will my skin turn back to the way that it was even if i stop the use of the products?

ANY ANSWERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
BEST REGARDS
Mabsy

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
How long has your skin been dry now?

I think that if the dryness is caused by the cream then your skin should return to normal after stopping the cream and treating it to a "neutral" skincare regime.

My suggestion would be to use the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream followed by the Rhythmic Night Conditioner (at night). That's if you have the $ to spend and enjoy using natural skincare. If not then I'd get a slightly moisturising toner and use that under your moisturiser and wean your skin off the heavier moisturisers gradually.

There is also a chance that this change in skin might be hormonal or otherwise caused by other factors (change of climate? season? etc). If that is the case then it's hard to say if the skin will go back to being happy with the previous moisture levels.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy!
My skin has been dry ever since I stopped using the cream. I have been looking into natural skin care..And I am thinking of treating my skin with fruits and vegetables.I have a book called "Natural recipes for perfect skin" by Pierre Jean Cousin.
Right now I am doing nothing with my skin except using some olive oil on it before I go to sleep.
I'm sure that it is not a seasonal thing its after using the cream and a facial soap that I used with the cream but the facial soap said that it wouldnt make the skin dry...
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I definately wouldn't always believe what is written on the packaging of a product!! I would advise against using anything with "soap" in the name. For people with dry or sensitive skin, soaps tend to be even more drying and irritating. I would suggest you keep it simple while your skin recovers, try a gentle cleanser and moisturiser.

Dr H Cleansing Cream gets great review here (though it is not for removing makeup - you would need a separate cleanser for that) and also a lot of people like the Rose Day Cream, which I've been told can be used as a night cream too. They are both suitable for dry skin.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |