Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Vit.C serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
meow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I found some wrinkles (don't know is fine lines or not) on my face lately... Crying or Very sad
I think I have to use vit.c serum to stimula the collegan on my face, is it a possible thought?
could you recommand some vit.c serum for my type of skin? i really want to make my skin more smooth and bright!!!

If Cellex, which % should I start to use? and what brand except for this?

thanks~

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
For dehydrated skin, maybe try the Vivier 10, from EDS. Another option is the PSF C serum. It will help stimualte collagen; make sure you keep wearing sinscreen everyday though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
what's PSF C serum? i meant this serum can stimulate??~~ woo, eager to know it!!!

both serums that you mentioned can be absorbed earily? and can apply it on eye area?
Compared with cellex, Skincentical c+e, cellux,JB C&C.... what is best for me? I can't stand coz I haven't use any vit.C serum before, please give me opinions!!~~ Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I personally found the skinceuticals vit c's to be drying on my skin. I'm using Vivier 10& right now and really like it. I almost feel like I could go without moisturiser after using it because of its lovely texture and it hasnt irritated my skin at all. It has taken a few months for me to see the full results, but my skin is the clearest it's ever been. When this runs out, I'm going to try the PSF one. It's much cheaper and I like that ha is one of the top ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
check outwww.psfskincare.com Smile

The product is the Emergen-C Repair Serum™

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cellular skin rx C+ firming serum and it is not drying at all. It is nice, stable, correct pH and no water in the formulation. I am addicted to vitamin C serum! Your skin will look so much better after about 8 weeks of use- brighter, more even-toned, better texture. You'll love it.
meow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your suggest!~ Do you think this serum is suitable for sensitive skin? have you got allergy or broke out after using it? is it easy to absorb and is it greasy?~
what's the skin type you are?~

Thanks~ Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm combo skin - normal to oily. Larger pores through the t-zone, slightly dry sometimes across cheeks. Break out very occasionally. Wrinkles- yes- early 40's now.
Pooh
5% products discount

Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has used a vitamin c serum called Puramed? It's 27% vitamin c, the highest i've ever seen. I have used a few others like vivier, skinceuticals, and they were ok, but I would like to try something more natural. I am not too sure about the stability of it since it has no preservatives. Thanks.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
meow wrote:
i really want to make my skin more smooth and bright!!!
In addition to Vit-C serum, you really should think about trying the infamous ACV toner if you want to brighten and even-out your skintone....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
betterat40, seems quite attractive! I think I will consider this one, thanks!!

Carekate, ACV toner? is it good for dehydrated skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
meow wrote:
Carekate, ACV toner? is it good for dehydrated skin?
Any type of skin can use it, you would just need to use a more diluted formula (say 1 oz of ACV to 7 ounces of distilled water, or even 1/2 oz ACV to 7.5 oz of distilled water). You can learn more about the ACV toner in the "~~~ DIY Skincare Recipes ~~~" thread, as well as if you perform a search of this forum using "ACV" as the keywords.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
O, it's DIY serum! hey, you know I'm very lazy to do it myself, hehe, that's why I prefer to purchase it outside.
Anyway, many thanks to you, carekate!~ Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
meow wrote:
O, it's DIY serum! hey, you know I'm very lazy to do it myself, hehe, that's why I prefer to purchase it outside.
Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who doesn’t want to bother messing about in the kitchen to make homemade products! In the past, I’ve made my homemade “Dr. Holland’s ACV Super Toner” for other EDS members living around the globe and shipped it to them, so if you’d like to try it yourself just send me a private message (click on the “PM” button at the lower-left corner of this post) with your full name and mailing address. All I ask is that you reimburse me via PayPal for the cost of postage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
O, you are enthusiast about here~~ Surprised
coz I'm the first time to use vit.c serum, and I just found from here said PSF vit.c serum is so nice & mild, so I think I should try it based on the good rating~
anyway, many thanks to you carekate~~ give you a rose! @--)- Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Goodness, do I love Vitamin C serums! Before starting on my SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, I have some SkinCeuticals C+AHA left over, which I used for the first time in months last night (I always apply actives all over the upper-body in addition to the face: neck/chest/shoulders/upper-back/arms/hands), and immediately I got that glow. It almost looked like I was wearing a very light self-tanner, as it warmed up my complexion just a bit.

To top it all off, Vitamin C serums don't cause any skin sensitivity for me when used alternately with my Gly Derm Cream Plus 10%. I'll be incorporating copper peptides starting next week. Starting slowly!

Unfortunately, when I tried SkinCeuticals C+E two years back, it made me pink due to the alcohol it contains, so I wasn't able to use it - at least not with Retin-A Micro & glycolic acids.

Meow, you mentioned that you are seeking out a Vitamin C serum well suited for sensitive skin? Well, look!
http://skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=0&prodID=2022

It's $90 an ounce, but you can get it on eBay (brand-new, sealed, with a far-away expiration date, and from a reputable seller) for just $59.25 total with shipping included. I've ordered several times from this seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CELLEX-C-Sensitive-Skin-Serum-1-oz_W0QQitemZ5568335094QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps!

P.S: After taking a look at his store, I saw that this seller has lots of Jane Iredale, too! (I know this brand gets big raves on EDS.)
meow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi SugarFreeSheila, you're really helpful and thanks for your suggestion!!~
after I browsed some topics regarding the vit.c serum, I think I'm only interested in Vivier or PSF at this moment, coz it seems nice & not too expensive for me.
Laughing

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
meow wrote:
what's PSF C serum? i meant this serum can stimulate??~~ woo, eager to know it!!!

both serums that you mentioned can be absorbed earily? and can apply it on eye area?
Compared with cellex, Skincentical c+e, cellux,JB C&C.... what is best for me? I can't stand coz I haven't use any vit.C serum before, please give me opinions!!~~ Confused

For dry skin I would go with either CellularSkinRx, Vivier, JB C&C or the PSF skincare one. The Cellex-C and the Skinceuticals could be too drying for you. The CellularSkinRx is on the oiliest side of those serums, with Vivier and PSF next and then the JB C&C being the most "normal" (feels like you put nothing on your skin - not drying, not anything else). My favorites so far are the Vivier and the JB C&C. I also like the PSF one but have only used little samples so I can't comment on stability or effectiveness. The Vivier and the JB C&C (and the CellularSkinRx) appear to be very stable formulations. IMO, you should start with a 10% concentration and if you have very sensitive skin then go with a serum that is based on C Ester rather than l-ascorbic acid (so, of those, JB C&C rather than the rest).

5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
anyone has any feedback or info on puramed vitamin c serum????

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Is that the 27% one? If so I do not believe there is any scientific evidence that says it is anymore effective than a 20% serum. I also read somewhere (can't remember, sorry) that it may do more harm than good. I would do more research on it first, if I were you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I use the Cellular Skin Rx C and I find it to be nice and slippery so it spreads well. But I wouldn't call it oily. Nor does it make my face feel or look oily. If you are looking at a 27% solution, it has to have water in it to get to that high a concentration of product. Water and l-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) equals oxidation - not what you want in a C product. It's true that once you get over about 15% concentrations of C, there's no discernible difference in benefit to your skin.
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I read few researches suggest that 20% is the optimum level that human's skin can benefit from topical vitamin C. Also some articles suggest to choose a product with stabilised vitamin C such as Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate or Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate. The stabilised vitamin C can remains effective for about 18 months (up to 2 years) while the standard vitamin C will only remain effective within 3 weeks from production date. Will be interested to hear other people opinion on this though!
Pooh
5% products discount

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
You are right about such a hight strength being safe faith. I am actually aiming to use more organic products so I guess that's why that one caught my eye. Another skin care line "Abra theraputics" has one to at a 12% concentration. Has anyone tried or hrard any feedback about this line? I think i'll probably end up purchasing that one, it's reasonably priced, and is all natural.... Smile

5% products discount

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. the abra theraputics vitamin c serum is made out of acerola berries which are suppose to be super high in vitamin c...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that Vit C esters, such as MAP and SAP, need to be converted to a useable form after they have been applied. The L-ascorbic form is apparently directly useable by the skin. I would go with the L-ascorbic if it is well-tolerated. The fallback for me would be MAP and SAP which are gentler for more sensitive skins. HTH

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |