Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)
Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this cleanser for a little while now, but I still can't tell if I like it.
Are you supposed to wet your face before you put it on or is your face supposed to be dry? Also, how do you all who use this take your makeup off with it? I'm confused!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure which is the correct way to use it but I put it onto a damp face. I tend to only use it in the morning as I found it wasn't very good at removing all of my make-up although I've found that using it in conjunction with the Dermalogica Facial Brush does remove more of the make-up than just using it by itself. The brush bristles help to exfoliate the skin and remove more of the dirt.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I apply it to dry skin, massage a bit, and rinse it off. I find it removes makeup OK, but I don't wear that much, just some concealer, loose powder and bronzer. I use a separate eye-makeup remover first.

The Ultracalming is my favourite cleanser! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I dampen my face first, then just massage it in for a minute or so, and wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. I wear JI pressed and bronzer and have no probs getting my face clean.

I'm about to try a new cleanser though... whilst I do *really* like Ultra Calming, I dont think it has enough uuummmph for the money, it cleans my face with no irritation but it doesnt really do anything special. I'm trying the PSF Green Tea Cleanser that everyone is raving about and a natural cheapie from Alba Botanical, I think it's the Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk so I'll post reviews on them in the next couple of weeks.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)