Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Susan Lucci's microdermabrasion...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cheri
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Who uses this product and does it really get rid of fine lines?

cheri
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
i think it helps ... i am using another microdermabrasion product Epidermx along with silkia camellia oil and it's helping my fine lines on the forehead. Its not 2 months yet but my lines are already flattening out quite a bit.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Is it better then Neutrogena and L'Oreal (might spell wrong)microdermabrason?
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
i haven't tried Susan Lucci's... i've used the Loreal kit which felt like sand compared to Epidermx.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks!
How is is compared to the dermotologist treatment?
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
i had 5 treatments at my derm's and didn't like it that much... for the 700 bucks i paid i had expected more. My skin felt smoother, many red marks were faded, pores looked smaller but that was it ... i acutally had more breakouts after the treatments.

When i first started the Epidermx, i had a cystic breakout ... the Epidermx flattened them out in a few days ... they turned into hard lumps and went away. If it weren't for the Epidermx, i think it would have taken a few weeks for them to go down.

I like doing the Epidermx better than the derm treatments. My derm was actually so honest as to tell me do my home treatments instead. I've been doing it for almost 2 months along with silkia camellia oil. The oil keeps my skin balanced and hasn't caused any problems ... i have oily skin by the way. My skin looks so much brighter now.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
hendricks - how often are you doing the microderm at home? I'm doing a max of once a week since I use other methods of exfoliation, but I wondered if your derm told you anything different.

By the way, I have the Loreal and tried a sample of the Mary Kay version. I honestly found those two to be about the same. Yes the Loreal feels a little rougher, but they both had the same effect. I've also had to microderm treatments done and feel they only did a slightly better job. I definetly don't feel the need to pay for professional ones though.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
i'm using it as an exfoliant daily, and as a microderm treatment every 4-5 days. This Epidermx can be used as an exfoliant - gently scrubing your face for a minute each time, or as a full microderm treatment for about 5-8 minutes to get the dead skin cells ball up and roll off your face. I then put on the silkia oil after the Epidermx, everyday.

I think depending on your skin you can use it how often you like. Right now my skin is getting a lot better i'm thinking i don't need to use it as an exfoliant daily and may just do a full treatment every couple of days.
cheri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Susan Lucci's microdermabrasion one from linens and things... its a smaller version of one but it came with the basics and I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off... it was 39.99 normally so I paid about 32.00 plus tax... no shipping. I figured it would be worth it to get. You can order stuff off of ebay pretty cheaply so I figured I could get more product off there if it works well..

I will probably try it tomorrow.

cheri
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Have you used it on your body? I've seen the commercial and it showed you can use it on your body.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
cheri wrote:
Quote:
I just bought the Susan Lucci's microdermabrasion one from linens and things... its a smaller version of one but it came with the basics and I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off... it was 39.99 normally so I paid about 32.00 plus tax... no shipping. I figured it would be worth it to get. You can order stuff off of ebay pretty cheaply so I figured I could get more product off there if it works well..

I will probably try it tomorrow.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your feedback. I'm looking for a good at home microderm product. I've had the professional derm microderm treatments as well, and I also believe that the at home treatments are just as good. Merle Norman has a fabulous product--Luxiva Micro-Refiner. (The owner gave me a free tube when I purchased one of their lovely cream blushes. It's base is a rich gel-cream that warms when you apply it. I've also tried May Kay's microderm kit--I have a relative who has sold MK for decades, so I can buy products from her at half price. MK's texture is finer, rougher than the Merle Norman, but my skin does feel very smooth and soft after. Prescriptives is next on my list, but I want to finish the MN and MK first.

Since everyone has different skin needs and sensitivities, choosing the right microderm kit, like most products, is so individual. My skin is sensitive to drying, so I'd like a base that's somewhat emollient. It surprises me, but I do like the Merle Norman one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I flipped through Elle US magazine (the one with Britney Spears, pregnant) and in there was an article about the upper class/rich people. In their postal code area, all pharmacy reported that Neutrogena microderm and L'Oreal peel are their number 1 best sellers.
Maybe they are better than Susan Lucci's.

Any comments?
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Razz it's true
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
So are they better than Susan Lucci's?
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Pharmacies/stores don't carry Susan Lucci's and many other brands, only Neutrogena and Loreal ... so of course they say Neutrogena and Loreal are their best sellers. I don't put much weight on those magazine reviews ... Neutrogena and Loreal advertise in those mags big time ... so the reviews are often biased.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Ok so Susan Lucci's is better then.
cheri
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I got this and used it... it really made my skin smooth but I do have a tip for you...

Do it before showering... the crystals and cream kind of stick to your face and is hard to wash off... it wont come off just splashing your face... maybe with a wash cloth it will do better but they suggest before showering.

cheri
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Now I'm seriosly thinking of spending my money on this. Even if all it does is smooth my skin. Does the cream/scrub leave a film/residue?
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had the Susan Lucci microdermabrasion kit. At first I liked it because it did a good job of exfoliating my skin. But I developed darker pigmented areas from over exfoliating with this kit. I think that having a tan complexion contributed to it. I've read that fairer skin responds better with microdermabrasion. My complexion did even out over time. But now I simply use the salycilic acid peels which works wonders for my skin.

Rita
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I had heard that about the Susan Lucci one being hard to wash off that is what put the end to me wanting to try it. How do people get on with the tool though? I woudl think that hard to get the pressure right and to get into tight spaces.. I have been using Epidermx for about a year and am happy with it, it washes off real easy and I have never had any problems with my skin (though sounds like a few people do with microderm prods). I have fair skin btw.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)