Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP HELP I NEED A SKINCARE LINE FOR OILY LARGE PORES
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
makeuplover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF PRODUCTS GOING TO HAVE TO FILE FOR BANKRUPSTY PRETTY SOON
right now iam trying decleor i have the cleansing gel toner i think i brought the wrong
one my yang yang some firming lotion because iam 50 i dont see any in provement same blocked large pores isnt there something out there you only need a couple of products to improve your skin plus somsthing for the lines and sun damage please help me

ive been using decleor for a couple of weeks
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Makeuplover

I'm sorry that you're having such problems ... I too have large pores and a oil problem.

Have you looked into the Oil Cleansing Method? I know that sounds peculiar ... but it really does work for our type of skin for a variety of reasons ... not the least of which it's very inexpensive ... and you end up customizing the cleansing oil and the routine to best suit you and your schedule! Very Happy

The oil is the one thing that can break up and remove those large sebum plugs that are helping to create those large pores. Smile

The massaging action of the method really does work out those plugs ... they feel like "grit" ... and once the plugs are gone, if we're lucky, the pores themselves will begin to reduce in size. Smile

Cleansing with the oil ... and wiping the oil/dirt etc off with a warm/hot washcloth leaves your skin feeling wonderful ... encourages better circulation [your skin glows] ... and in the morning [after cleansing this way the night before] your skin will feel wonderful ... and considerably less oily than it ever has using products that dry your skin. Smile

Here's a link to an EDS thread about the Oil Cleansing Method ...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077&highlight=oil+cleansing+method

There's lots on EDS about this method of cleansing and healing your skin ... but if you go to google and put in

"oil cleansing method"

[include the quotation marks] ... you'll find lots on the subject ... like the following two threads from other, unrelated BB's.

http://forum.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234834

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5612&page=18&pp=15

However don't expect miracles. You say that you've been using your latest line of products for two weeks. Two weeks is nothing when it comes to skin care!

Whenever beginning a new product or line ... you really have to give your skin time to adjust. Even with the Oil Cleansing Method, some people have found that there is an adjustment period ... and sometimes that's because of the toxins being released through the skin ... other times it's because it can take up to 6 weeks for, say, a blemish to work its way up through the layers of skin to the outside.

If you want something that will instantly shrink your pores ... I'm afraid you're out of luck. It took quite a long time for your pores to become enlarged ... and it will take time to heal them.

As for the oil on your skin ... the Oil Cleansing Method will show you radical improvement in the amount of oil on your skin immediately ... and the longer you use it the better it will become ... but it's no more a "miracle" than anything else.

Good luck ... and relax ... you need patience and persistence with skin care!

Mary
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
For large pores, these are my fovorite products:
Bioelements quick refiner- a bottle of 4oz is $50 and will last you forever...well,almost Very Happy You'll see results overnight in your pores...I will never be without this product!

2nd place is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It's a toner/Elixir and is amazing at closing up pores.

3rd place- Dermalogica Microfoliant...cleans pores and refines.

I've found these products to be more helpful then any maskque or extraction...my pores went from huge to minimal...something I thought was not possible since my large pores are hereditary.

Good luck Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
makeuplover - when I had this issue before, I asked my Dermatologist and without hesitation he said that I should try Retin-A Micro. He gave me several samples and I used it for 8 weeks. While my pores did respond nicely, my face never got used to the product, so I was peeling for the entire 8 weeks. However, I just read that retinoids are supposed to be the best, according to dermatologists, for skin cell turnover/new collagen production, so now I am trying a ROC retinol night cream and hope to post a review in a few weeks. I just thought I'd mention what the derm told me about my large pores in case you want to give it a shot. I think Retin-A or any other retinoid used in moderation would probably be very beneficial. Just be careful and start out using it slowly, at least until you know how your skin responds. Very Happy
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I am 55 with skin that is slightly oily, often made more so by using various day and night creams and, I am convinced, by using too many products.

I used Decleor for a short time and did find that it controlled the greasies. At my age, I am looking for Vitamin C or peptides/retinol products. Decleor did not provide that.

I am now using PSF skincare and really like it. I enjoy its simplicity, the price points and really like the Vitamin C serum. I use that instead of a daytime moisturizer. Again, I find when I use too many products, I run into trouble. I supplement those products with Palmers Skin Success hydroquinone cream at night and have seen great results just over the last two weeks. I use PSFs Oxygen Serum over that and an eye cream and that's it.

Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I would Recommend Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and the homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Toner.
See the homemade recipes thread

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
makeuplover wrote:
happyhippie wrote:
For large pores, these are my fovorite products:
Bioelements quick refiner- a bottle of 4oz is $50 and will last you forever...well,almost Very Happy You'll see results overnight in your pores...I will never be without this product!

2nd place is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It's a toner/Elixir and is amazing at closing up pores.

3rd place- Dermalogica Microfoliant...cleans pores and refines.

I've found these products to be more helpful then any maskque or extraction...my pores went from huge to minimal...something I thought was not possible since my large pores are hereditary.

Good luck Very Happy
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION I JUST ORDERED BI0ELMENTS QUICK REFINER IS IT JUST A TEMPORY FIX OR DOES IT KEEP YOUR PORES SMALLER THANKS AGAIN
skinsational

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Arbonne? You know that if you sign up you get 35% off the products as well.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
My absolute #1 product for cleaning out the pores is Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream. Also, if you have some Decleor Essential Balm (since you mentioned you're using Decleor right now) then try using that at night for about two weeks out of every month.

You definitely need to make sure that you are exfoliating the skin by the way....

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)