Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

review of la roche-posay anthelios fluide extreme spf 40
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I couldn't believe my eyes...about a month ago,I found La Roche Posay at CVS!!!! (in the States!)

I hear the Euro formulation is different? (texture wise at least)

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
LRP Anthelios line used to be my must-have, until I found L'oreal Solar expertise line.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
LPR sunscreen is one of my favorites..it's not too sticky and the consistency makes it easy to apply
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I like this product and LPR. Not greasy nor heavy, not making my skin uncomfortable. I think it worths its price.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mithai, I often use Blot powder on top of Anthelios to eliminate the shine too. When you say it degraded the s/screen, does this mean that you got a tan/felt burnt or you think that it degraded it from what you've read about using powders over the top of s/screens?

Interested to know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
carmina wrote:
I like this product and LPR. Not greasy nor heavy, not making my skin uncomfortable. I think it worths its price.

I think it will be useful to write your skin type. While I was using LRP 40 it was making my skin a greasy mess, very oily and not appropriate at all for combo or oily skin types.
If it`s not greasy for you, I can assume you have dry skin?

5% products discount

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I really like the sunscreens by La Roche Posay. The one I have is a spray-on one and it's light - not oily at all!

In the past, my eczema skin has left me easily irritated by all the sunscreens I've tried. La Roche Posay is the best one I've used thus far because it's gentle on my skin, not oily, and does not irritate it once I have a layer of it on me.
christophe
5% products discount

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
in fact, if you have acne-prone oily skin, there is another product in La rochy-posay for you, the same sunscreen line, but the one with AC SPF 30, which is specially for acne skin.
la roche-posay offers one of the best sunscreen, it's really popular in europe and in asia

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
christophe wrote:
in fact, if you have acne-prone oily skin, there is another product in La rochy-posay for you, the same sunscreen line, but the one with AC SPF 30, which is specially for acne skin.
la roche-posay offers one of the best sunscreen, it's really popular in europe and in asia

thank you for drawing my attention to the LRP SPF30 sunscreen for acne-prone skin. It seems to be this one - Roche Posay Anthelios W 30 Gel, and it is made really for oily and problematic skins, sounds interesting!

5% products discount

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
the whole line of sunscreen from la roche posay combine a lot of good products, AC SPF 30 will be better for acne skin. you could try that too

5% products discount

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
christophe wrote:
the whole line of sunscreen from la roche posay combine a lot of good products, AC SPF 30 will be better for acne skin. you could try that too

i don't know about the product, i talked about the products in france, maybe in US it's different, but anyway, there is one special product for acne skin, you could consult yourself with their sales.

by the way, la roche posay is way too expensive in other countries, in france, it's one of the cheapest, like 12 euros for 50ml.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
I have FE 60 too and used it on my 'Roman Holiday' Wink ....and I think it makes the face look very shiny but isnt to oily to the touch....And I fixed the shiny look problem by dusting on MAC Blot Powder which worked wonderfully....but ended up degrading my sunscreen Mad

Yep this is my problem too. Avobenzone is degraded by titanium dioxide, as I understand it. But some SS have both ingredients in them. This one is OK to use since it is avobenzone-free.
http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-sun.html
But I find it sticky and pasty.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I recently developed a sensitivity to this sunscreen. My lower lids get all red. I look like a raccoon whenever I use this sunscreen. I wonder why.
taterbugpbj
5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great line of sunscreens, I tried them for the first time while living in France about 8 years ago. Now you can buy them online, they are truly superior to any other sunscreen I have tried with very reliable protection and no skin irritation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I use Anthelios AC spf 30 (I live in Spain) but I have get some pimples, perhaps has been for this sunscreen.

This sunscreen is more moisturizer than UV Plus (Clarins) but I have not get pimples with UV Plus.

I would like to test UV Sport spf 45 (Skinceuticals).
puzzle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of LRP's sunblock products Very Happy Vichy SPF50 used to be my favorite, but it's discontinued. Therefore I'm using LRP SPF40 as an alternative and it's pretty good!
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia wrote:
Mithai, I often use Blot powder on top of Anthelios to eliminate the shine too. When you say it degraded the s/screen, does this mean that you got a tan/felt burnt or you think that it degraded it from what you've read about using powders over the top of s/screens?

Interested to know!

sorry ..i didnt reply sooner...no, i didnt get any tan/burn...just what i have read....

i tellya, my brain cant keep up with all the information!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |