Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Microfoliant and Papain
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I keep hearing how great papaya extract is. I know Dermalogica Microfoliant contains papain. I have found a place online that sells papain powder. Does anyone know if you could use it in a homemade exfoliant recipe?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Really? Where can I get some? I definitely would use this in some sort of mask.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking for papain powder for years. Please share your source!!
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00137.html
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, thank you so much! I'm actually planning to use it as a hairball remedy (not for me -- for my cat) Wink. It has NO OTHER ingredients, that is great!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
...I'm actually planning to use it as a hairball remedy (not for me -- for my cat) Wink
You’ll definitely have to share your recipe for that!! I have six cats, three of whom are extremely long-haired. And one of them takes great delight in yarking up hairballs into my brand new pair of shoes. Naturally, I don’t discover the little present she’s left me until I slid my foot into the shoe! We’ve tried that hairball remedy stuff you can buy at the pet store, but only one out of the six cats actually likes the taste of it so it’s always a chore trying to get the medicine down them....

Seriously, please post your homemade papain hairball remedy in the DIY thread because I know you and I are not the only ones with puddy-tats around here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm basically trying to reproduce the ingredients in Vet's Best Cat Lube. I haven't even tried it yet because I've never been able to find papain, but I'll definitely post the results if I make something useful.

For anyone who is interested, the basic lineup of ingredients is: Slippery Elm Bark (I plan to use the powdered form), Mashmallow, Papaya Extract (Papain) and "Natural Flavors".
Lili
5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
You know, I've always had luck just putting a dollop of vaseline in my kitty's mouth -- them hairballs come right up Smile
Learned that from a vet --

As far as papain powder, it makes a great enzyme mask -- my skin can't tolerate acids, but I do great with enzyme masks (with bromelain, papain, etc..) Just don't use too much to start with at first -- you can mix it with a bit of honey, fresh aloe vera gel (stinky but great), even just add it to another mask. Don't leave it on for too long at first.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
another place you could get papaya powder is
www.gardenofwisdom.com
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
If you can manage to spread furball remedy on the top of one of your cat's front paws, they lick it off. Very useful when your cat absolutely refuses to eat the "delicious" stuff of their own free will. Very Happy

(Just be careful to do it in the kitchen, though, as you can end up with some paw-shaking at first, when they initially try to get it off. Some spots of it can fly off onto your furniture, etc!)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
we have a papaya powder cleanser in Japan, but in SE Asia they just put mushed up papaya/paw-paw on their face as a mask - or if you eat some, rub the inside of the skin around your eyes and leave a while. a messy solution, but at least you know it is natural. Laughing
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
My Mom lives in SE Asia and is fond of making green papaya salads/pickles. She has a backyard filled with papaya trees. When you pick a fresh green papaya or slice off the stem end, a whitish sap rich with an enzyme called papase comes out. On several occasions prolonged contact with the sap exfoliated my hands so well that it left my skin pink and quite raw. Just a word of caution if anyone is inclined to try the natural form.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |