Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I rec'd derma excel 7 today.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
that's it, I haven't tried it yet. It says to use on "my wrinkles". The bad news is I use such wonderful products I don't have any wrinkles!!!! Just kidding.

I am seriously considering the purchase of the alpha derm and facial prep. When is the best time to use it? I am starting to wonder if I am using products at the wrong time and or in conjunction with the wrong products. Anyone want to help me work thru this?
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Barbara,
I love all of my JB products-I use the prep before I put anything else on my face-then in the AM-AlphaDerma, followed now by Dermal Excel-in the evening-it's Prep, C & C, Alpha Derm & last DermaExcel-it's my understanding that all work together to improve the skin-after just 2 uses of DermalExcel-I love the texture & how it prepares my skin for makeup-my tone just seemed way more even already-can't wait to see the results after more use!
Maria
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Barbara,

I use the Skin Prep, AlpaDerma CE in the AM and PM. I use the Okusil serum in the PM. (I use Vivier 20% C serum, and love it, but I'm sure the JB C & C serum is fabulous also. My skin is dry, so it would be difficult for me to give up my Vivier!)

I incorporate my masks and scrubs in the evenings before applying the products. And I use moisturizer over it all. I'm currently using Prescriptives Intensive Rebuilding Moisturizer. It's emollient, but very light and melts into my skin. Just hydration....no greasiness. On days when my skin needs a little something special, I apply my radiance in a bottle, Clarins Flash Beauty Balm.

I've been using the JB products for nearly one month now, and I'm suprised, but I do see an improvement in my skin. I have, unfortunately, the beginnings of sagging skin near my jaw line, and I hate it!!!!! I also have those non-funny laugh lines. And I'm always skeptical of skin care products....there's so many choices and decisions. But I think my skin is a bit smoother, or firmer in that area now. Just a bit more taut. I just noticed that last weekend and thought I was imagining it! And my face just feels fresher for a longer period of time, which is extremely important to me. I'm up at 5AM weekday mornings, and by 3PM, my skin looks tired, lacks luster, and just wants to be pampered, but I still have a couple more hours of work! (This probably sounds insane, I know, but I even try to schedule my important meetings in the mornings and early afternoons, before my skin looks like it needs a nap!) The last couple of days, my face still looked pretty decent by 5PM...and no need for a touch up, or my hydrating spritzer. I think the JB products, along with my dedicated, rigid routine of all these steps, might be paying off!

I have not yet received my Derma Excel 7 product. I'm looking forward to trying it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Debra,
You hit the nail on the head! tonight I had to go back out again at 6pm-when I sat down to "repair" my makeup-I had way less to do since using the JB, but especially after just one day of Dermal Excel-even better skin tone than with just the original JB products!
It can't be just our imagination!
Maria
Mabsy

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hey Babs Smile

My mum has been using the JB products for ages now and she's very happy with the results. She uses the whole range twice daily - morning and night. Skin prep gel goes first, then her Vivier 20% vit C serum, then the Alphaderma CE and then Okusil (followed eye cream). She hasn't got the Derma Excel7 yet but that should arrive soon hopefully... I'm looking forward to seeing what results she gets with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy-
Nice to see your name in lights.... couldn’t have happened to a nicer more knowledgeable person!
So help me understand, please. I am still using cellcosmet cleanser, eye cream and vital moisturizers. I wouldn't change that part of package. I am strongly considering eliminating the SC b5 gel and intensive line defense. That is where the JB comes in. The derma 7, that says, "not to use on entire face" .I just ordered Emergen-C Repair Serum from PFS. According to EDS reviews, it can eliminate the b5 gel and has vit c coverage. However, I absolutely love the new SC C w/ c& Ferulic and don't want to give that coverage up. Where should I compromise for the alpha derm and other products in their line? If not Mabsy ... Ladies and gentleman.....?
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I got the derma excel in the mail yesterday as well. So happy!!!
I tried once and I can say I love the texture and how it feels on my face. Very Happy

I love my ADCE as well, but I am not a fan of the skin prep. Its gel consistency is leaving a film on my face, which make it harder to apply moisturizer and fundation later.
Margy

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm an avid lurker here and have learned a great deal. Thanks to all for sharing. I too got my JB Derma Excel and found so far that it is excellent. I will most likely purchase when I re-order my alpha derma, etc. I used it all over my face. Applied my makeup and it had a young dewy look. The product is not greasy and absorbs very well. I have mature skin and JB's products work extremely well for me.
Would love to share more, but that would be off this topic.
-Margy Razz
Mabsy

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Barbara, that's really sweet Smile

Yours is a rather tricky question, and one that I don't really know the answer to - sorry! I think, depending on your skin type, if you use the AlphadermaCE you might find that the UltraVital is too much over the top of it. I haven't tried the Derma Excel 7 and I don't know what the texture is like but if it's just this one that you're after then you should be able to use it with the UltraVital and apply just on the forehead frown lines (assuming you have any Smile).

I do agree about the PSF vitamin C serum probably not requiring the B5 gel. I tend to prefer C serums of that texture - Vivier, JB C&C and PSF all have that texture that for me does not require using the B5 gel. I'm using a Cellex-C serum (17.5%) at the moment and I find that my face does feel tight after application. I use the hydrating gel most of the time but sometimes I don't bother and just rely on a moisturiser to get rid of that tight feeling. But, if you don't want to stop using the C+Ferulic then where does the PSF C serum fit in?

Barbara Portno wrote:
Hey Mabsy-
Nice to see your name in lights.... couldn’t have happened to a nicer more knowledgeable person!
So help me understand, please. I am still using cellcosmet cleanser, eye cream and vital moisturizers. I wouldn't change that part of package. I am strongly considering eliminating the SC b5 gel and intensive line defense. That is where the JB comes in. The derma 7, that says, "not to use on entire face" .I just ordered Emergen-C Repair Serum from PFS. According to EDS reviews, it can eliminate the b5 gel and has vit c coverage. However, I absolutely love the new SC C w/ c& Ferulic and don't want to give that coverage up. Where should I compromise for the alpha derm and other products in their line? If not Mabsy ... Ladies and gentleman.....?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Tangerine- I am in MA too, western part, how about you?

General questions- 1. So is ADCE a moisturizer?

2. Is this product line for "mature skin"? Let's specify an age....35+?

3. Mabsy-Did you have a typo?? Cellcosmet has a vit serum? If not, I didn't know that...The PSF C will be in place of the SC vit C. I realize I changed from SC C to SC C/ferlic (which I love) but it is 120.00 a bottle and if I can find a comparable solution with savings, I will make the change BUT as always...results over money; if it works I spend the mula and not feed the kids that week. (Just kidding to those who don't know my off sense of humor).
I absolutely am committed to the cellcosmet ultra vital as well as their eye cream. I look at my friends that are my age (whisper whisper 50) and I have a smoother complexion/finish with fewer lines. I qualify that statement by products not good genes or bloodline.Thank you all for giving me any help in sorting out the best way to go.
I guess that's enough for now. Hope everyone is well, take care.
Babs Smile
Mabsy

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
3. Mabsy-Did you have a typo?? Cellcosmet has a vit serum?

Oops! Sorry, typo indeed! I was just thinking the other day that it was weird that Cellcosmet didn't have some type of serum - although it's good for the wallet I guess Smile My apologies if I got you excited about the existence of one - have corrected it to Cellex-C now...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Debra,
You hit the nail on the head! tonight I had to go back out again at 6pm-when I sat down to "repair" my makeup-I had way less to do since using the JB, but especially after just one day of Dermal Excel-even better skin tone than with just the original JB products!
It can't be just our imagination!
Maria

Maria,

Are you using DermaExcel7 on you whole face? I am only spot treating my problem areas with great success. Just wondering if you are still doing this and your results. That's all I need to start doing...whole face treatment. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |