Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Juvenil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

So I've been using the Juvenil for quite some time now and I have to say that I'm SO convinced that this product is for me.

First off, you might be surprised at the results. After the first few weeks of use, I started getting really large pimples on my skin -- I kept applying the Juvenil and the pimples eventually popped (and left a little bit of a red mark -- anyone know a good product to help this?). HOWEVER, the product really helps to CLEAN your skin. My other products aren't able to help dirt "surface" (and thus, EXIT) my skin. And Juvenil does the trick. My only complaint is that I don't have a bigger container of it.

I wash my face at least 3 times a day (once in the morning, once in the afternoon after school to get rid of make up, and once at night in the shower). Therefore, I end up applying the Juvenil 3 times a day (after every face wash). In any case, I wish it came in a larger bottle but I guess that's okay -- perhaps it stays fresher in a tiny bottle -- I just have to buy more and stock up!

Also, something I've really noticed -- my face looks BRIGHTER when I have Juvenil under my make up. I kid you not -- it's so weird! It's like my face has a nice glow to it . . . !!!!!!!! I don't know . . . maybe Dermalogica's Microfoliant is also helping this "glow" . . . but I've tried my make up with and without Juvenil and there's a clear difference (so the Microfoliant isn't the only cause)!

I highly recommend trying this product -- don't be scared if you start getting larger pimples all of a sudden -- it's all part of the process in cleaning out your skin!!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Stand up against acne blemishes with Yonka Paris Juvenil - Deep Acne Fluid. It uses natural and gentle, yet effective essential oils to clear, smooth, and calm your inflammed, uncomfortable skin for a healthy-looking complexion.

ramsi
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Chunlisa, my lemmings are getting WILD!!! :P

I only have a few questions about the product before I plurge.
Is this an overall treatment, or just a spot-treatment? Is it working really fast? (I'm afraid to destroy my christmas appearance...)
Does it dry the skin out and cause flakiness?
How's the smell, still awful?

I really want to buy this thing right now, but I'll try to keep still awaiting your answer
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ramsi!

*SO* glad you're interested in this product!

First off, the smell really grows on you. It was never really that "awful" to begin with -- just smelled medicinal -- but nowadays, it's reeeeeeeeally good. Kinda like aromatherapy. I'm not too big on aromatherapy so I guess I wasn't sure what the "smell" was in the first place. See, I usually pump a few drops onto my left hand palm and then use my right hand index finger to apply the product to my face. Then my left hand ends up with the smell and I just hold it over my nose to relieve any sinuses -- it's really a good smell after all! Just give it a few days (unless you like it to begin with) -- it'll grow on you!

As for how it works: I think it's supposed to be a spot treatment but I end up dabbing spots all over my face. The thing is -- wherever you put it, it will allow dirt to rise to the surface to help you cleanse your skin. So my theory was to apply it over more areas (not just problem spots) to see what would a"rise" ha ha ha. The outcome was great.

First off, the pimples that I got were larger than usual but I asked Magda about this and it's because the Juvenil is very potent and really helps the dirt to rise. Depending on your skin condition, this could also happen to you. I ended up popping the "big" pimples -- and it was really awful -- cuz they're huge and the dirt ended up splattering the mirror -- yeah, one of THOSE.

BUT, Ramsi, there was NO redness. I just finished popping, cleansed the skin, put Juvenil on it -- and that started the healing process! The product does NOT sting or dry out the skin -- if anything, it helps the skin. It's the first "acne" medication that actually doesn't dry out the skin and makes the skin feel BETTER --and makes make up look a LOT fresher . . . I love the glow I get!

However, keep in mind that after you pop a pimple you will end up getting a red spot -- with or without the Juvenil. The Juvenil just helps the dirt rise and helps cleanse the area after you pop it. I had a few red spots here and there -- but just exfoliate and moisturize (and continue to apply Juvenil) until the new skin rises.

The redness is not caused by the Juvenil, though -- it's caused by popping the pimple and any picking thereafter. Just want to make that part clear Smile

I think the product works relatively fast -- I've had it for a month and the pimples have come and gone and I'm just waiting to see if more will surface.

Hope this helps -- ask as many more questions as you want Smile
ramsi
5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Just got my package with Yonka Juvenil!!!!Very Happy

Can't wait to see the results! I also got some great samples from the Decleor line, oh, really looking forward to try everything.

My only problem is that I really can't see when to use what? (It seems like I'm really stocking up in my bathroom at the moment.)

Ok, here is what I have:
Yonka Juvenil
Decleor Aromessence Angelique
Decleor Essential Balm
Decleor Angelique Night Balm
RoC A+C+E
Decleor Nutri-Delice (moisturizer)

I just started using RoC A+C+E, as a treatment to get that dull look of my skin, can I use another moisturizer on top of that?
Can I add the aromessence on top of Juvenil?
Also, do you use the aromessence under the balm at night, or (as I've understood) use the aromessence in the morning and the balm at night.
Any ideas? I really want to use everything... Maybe I should hold back RoC untill I've used my Decleor samples?
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 am      Reply with quote
It could buy from the EDS?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |