Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another question about lemon juice...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EliteBlondSociety
5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it is just because it is getting colder, but I have gotten lighter lately. It began to accelerate when I started putting lemon juice on my face for an hour or so instead of all night? Does that have anything to do with it? Does rubbing help magnify the effect?

I certainly know it does work if you are looking to get more fair. After returning from South America in July, I got a massive tan that made me look Mexican (and I was told I looked native to the country) and it didn't go away until August. Now that I have been using the LJ faithfully, and now that I lightened my hair again, I am just beginningto look like a blond Scandinavian, just like I did last Winter, I missed that look (I must be fair [no pun intended] by noting that I am never SUPER dark, and that my body which doesn't get any sunlight is very fair...)!

I'm going to like being in Sweden in a couple of months, I'll blend in nicely! Will combining this with kojic acid help? I think I'll try it on my arms and see what happens before I give it a try on my beautuful face.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
You let the lemon juice sit for an hour, and that worked better than overnight? Fresh or bottled? Do you use it every day?

Why do you want to get lighter? Why did you make a point to say you're never super dark? I'm looking to get rid of a tan also. So I'm just wondering.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I used to read in magazines that putting lemon juice on your hair would lighten it but never thought to try it out on skin Very Happy
Has anyone had any results lightening hair with lemon juice?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I used to read in magazines that putting lemon juice on your hair would lighten it but never thought to try it out on skin Very Happy

I did, when I was 12 or 13 maybe. I don't recommend it. It really dries it out, and you can't tone the colour; could end up really brassy.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
TooInvolved wrote:
You let the lemon juice sit for an hour, and that worked better than overnight? Fresh or bottled? Do you use it every day?

Why do you want to get lighter? Why did you make a point to say you're never super dark? I'm looking to get rid of a tan also. So I'm just wondering.

I used freshly squeezed lemon juice. Always at night, never in the day, as you might have heard, it's dangeroud to use during the day. I want to get lighter because I want a more Swedish look (I have gotten light deliberately before). I just have a thing for blondness, I'm not naturally blond, but for some reason, I get away with blond very well when I am lighter. I don't have blue eyes either, but I might be the only person who can wear blue contacts and have them look perfectly natural (no joke). Paris Hilton does the same, I hear she's not naturally blonde, OR blue eyed.

I made it a point that I am not super dark and can get pretty fair in some spots to make sure people know that not just ANYONE could get light with lemon juice. It also works for me because I have the facial features of a fair person (very fine). If you are very brown (I tan very easily, but I'm much more rosy than brown), you probably cannot pull off a look like that, but then again, not everybody likes blondness like me.

New question, does anyone know if using lemon juice from a squeeze container is as good? Is it dangerious because if preservatives? Do they sell any without preservatives? Just wondering, because that would be easier than cutting lemons every night.

Thanks!

-Brandt
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, if it is safe enough to eat, I assume you can put it on your skin too. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Well, if it is safe enough to eat, I assume you can put it on your skin too. Smile

Good point. I never thought of it that way.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Aaaaargh! I've been trying to use lemon juice on my face. I cut lemons and rub the halves on my skin. But I HATE how it feels! It stings and is too sticky to tolerate for an hour. I left it on for about 20 minutes and it was not much fun.

Any ideas for making it more tolerable? Thanks.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was using the Aveda line of products for several years and I was convinced that the exfoliant (a liquid, not a scrub) got rid of the tan on my face faster than I would have liked (yeah yeah ... I get tan in the summer... I know....). And if you think about it, isn't a tan really like deadened skin that is ripe for sloughing off anyway? (P.S. I heard that exfoliating scrubs - the ones that have texture or "beads" - are bad for the skin because they can cause broken capillaries.) I wasn't thrilled with Aveda in general, but the exfoliant might be a short-term solution for getting rid of a tan. The other thought would be lightening creams that are intended to address hyperpigmentation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've done a lemon juice and sugar scrub for years on my face. You take about half a lemon squeeze juice out add enough sugar till its a bit pasty, rub on face and whole body that amount goes very far, your face will feel so smooth. I have also heard of adding olive oil instead of lemon juice, although I've never tried it. I was thinking that might be an easier way to keep the lemon juice on your face for any length of time, and u'll get a great scrub too boot.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI: not everybody is blond and fair in Sweden. (Of course, the original poster may have been saying the blond/fair remark in jest.) I noticed in Stockholm that this was in fact not even the case half the time. In this respect, Stockholm women look a lot like north Dallas women in terms of build, features, coloring, and dress - but a bit taller, of course! Plenty of brunettes there, lots of warm skin tones, fair as well, dark eyes, light eyes, blondes of all shades, redheads - you name it. (I felt the "coloring distribution" to be very even-handed.) The women there range from very thin, sort of thin, very heavyset, and everything in between.

Very interesting place to visit; lots of variety, and the people are so kindhearted, down-to-earth, and friendly. You will really love it there.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, all!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
yeah, that’s how I used to highlight my (originally dark auburn) hair in the summer time when I was a kid. It works very well although the results are gradual. The only problem is that the lemon juice is EXTREMELY drying. Unfortunately, I didn’t know that way back then but if I was going to do it all over again today, I’d mix the lemon juice with a bit of oil (olive, jojoba, coconut, whatever!) and comb it through my hair which would give me the benefit of a “hot oil treatment” at the same time as I was highlighting my hair!

FYI - the lemon juice works a treat to lighten brunette hair, but if I was a “Swedish” blonde looking to make my mane look more “sun-kissed,” I would use vodka instead of lemon juice although you’d apply it in the exact same way as described above.

BTW, does anybody remember the episode of the Brady Bunch when Jan starting rubbing her face with lemons every day to try and fade out her freckles?!

EliteBlondSociety wrote:
New question, does anyone know if using lemon juice from a squeeze container is as good?
That’s the kind that I used for lightening my hair. You buy it in the produce aisle of the supermarket, right next to the real lemons. It came in a little plastic, lemon-shaped bottle!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |