Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
HELP with routine and use of acids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Bear with me as a newbie to the world or skin remodeling (basically that's what it is right?).

This whole time (since my 20's) I thought I was doing it right by washing and moisturizing. Well, as time is starting to take it's toll...I realize from this forum and doing research, if I intend to fight gravity and time on my face there is more to it. My goals are to diminish the naso-labial folds (I despise them Sad ), overall tightening, diminish the vertical lip lines that make me sad, diminish the forehead lines and 11 between my eyes. I am so young at heart and active and I want my face to represent what's inside me.

So this is where I'm at...

I started with the Perricone thing and the trial bag about a month ago. I will say after 23 days with before and after photos I notice a very SLIGHT difference but not at all what I expected {check out the pics I put up atwww.girlsplaysoccer.com/myskin}. I have to look very carefully at the photos to see very minor differences rather than wow-look how I improved. Or maybe I'm trying to see something...you tell me Smile

So I realize there are other products out there that may be suited better for me. Currently this is what I'm doing...
PM...
-nutritive cleanser Perricone(need suggested change)
-Perricone C/dmae/lipoic acid
-spot treat with desert essence hexapeptide on forehead/lip lines/jowels
-q10 nivea eye cream
-Stryvectin
-Emu oil

AM...
-no cleansing-to dry
-perricone dmae/lipoic acid treatment
-q10 nivea eye cream
-Stryvectin
-Emu oil

(I thought the top layer of stryvectin would help the under layered products be carried more quickly into the skin is this right?)

I just ordered the sample pack from JB and am looking forward to trying these products as they seem appropriate for my goals. I also want to add copper peptides and an acid peal and an acid based moisturizer to my regime as well as the relaxaline or the newest facial relaxer from Cellular skin rx. I would truly appreciate any recommendations on the cp's, cleanser and acid items.

I’m confused on the acid things btw…I read that some acids in moisturizers toughen up the skin by boosting the collagen production right? If so which acid for the moisturizer? Which acid based peal do I use and how often?

Whilst in Costa Rica I picked up some retin-a .05% lotion-can i integrate this into the regime as well and how?

What do you all think about cleansers? I’m dry but have a t-zone. I also need to find a good eye cream for my crows feet and under eye lines (minimal thus far).

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this is so long winded-but I’ve spent so much time researching products and you all are so knowledgeable I know you will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!!!

BTW…Came back from Costa Rica engaged! Woohoo Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
You have beautiful blue eyes!

The ladies on the forum are better experts at suggesting products, but I just wanted to note that it will take longer than 23 days to see noticeable results. In young, healthy skin, the cellular turnover process takes about 40 days. That is 28 days to reach the surface and 12 days to slough off. We're talking about years of skin damage through uv exposure and the environment - it will take time to recover it right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:
Bear with me as a newbie to the world or skin remodeling (basically that's what it is right?).

This whole time (since my 20's) I thought I was doing it right by washing and moisturizing. Well, as time is starting to take it's toll...I realize from this forum and doing research, if I intend to fight gravity and time on my face there is more to it. My goals are to diminish the naso-labial folds (I despise them Sad ), overall tightening, diminish the vertical lip lines that make me sad, diminish the forehead lines and 11 between my eyes. I am so young at heart and active and I want my face to represent what's inside me.

So this is where I'm at...

I started with the Perricone thing and the trial bag about a month ago. I will say after 23 days with before and after photos I notice a very SLIGHT difference but not at all what I expected {check out the pics I put up atwww.girlsplaysoccer.com/myskin}. I have to look very carefully at the photos to see very minor differences rather than wow-look how I improved. Or maybe I'm trying to see something...you tell me Smile

So I realize there are other products out there that may be suited better for me. Currently this is what I'm doing...
PM...
-nutritive cleanser Perricone(need suggested change)
-Perricone C/dmae/lipoic acid
-q10 nivea eye cream
-Stryvectin
-Emu oil

AM...
-no cleansing-to dry
-perricone dmae/lipoic acid treatment
-q10 nivea eye cream
-Stryvectin
-Emu oil

(I thought the top layer of stryvectin would help the under layered products be carried more quickly into the skin is this right?)

I just ordered the sample pack from JB and am looking forward to trying these products as they seem appropriate for my goals. I also want to add copper peptides and an acid peal and an acid based moisturizer to my regime as well as the relaxaline or the newest facial relaxer from Cellular skin rx. I would truly appreciate any recommendations on the cp's, cleanser and acid items.

I’m confused on the acid things btw…I read that some acids in moisturizers toughen up the skin by boosting the collagen production right? If so which acid for the moisturizer? Which acid based peal do I use and how often?

Whilst in Costa Rica I picked up some retin-a .05% lotion-can i integrate this into the regime as well and how?

What do you all think about cleansers? I’m dry but have a t-zone. I also need to find a good eye cream for my crows feet and under eye lines (minimal thus far).

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this is so long winded-but I’ve spent so much time researching products and you all are so knowledgeable I know you will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!!!

You do not want to add CP's if you are using C serums, The copper will deactivate the C. You must use one or the other. IMO the C works better.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:

I am not sure if it will help or not. I liked StriVectin though, for it's moisture and it helped with fine lines around my eyes.

soccermominsd wrote:
I just ordered the sample pack from JB and am looking forward to trying these products as they seem appropriate for my goals.

JB recommends using only their products during the initial stages. So, when you use this, you will want to stop the Perricone for that time. As well, should you decide to purchase the JB, I think it is an excessive amount of layering (and I LOVE layering) if you try to use the Perricone too; except for perhaps 1 moisturizer and an eye cream. You could alternate your moisturizers still though...

soccermominsd wrote:
I also want to add copper peptides and an acid peal and an acid based moisturizer to my regime as well as the relaxaline or the newest facial relaxer from Cellular skin rx. I would truly appreciate any recommendations on the cp's, cleanser and acid items.

You can use copper peptides and Vit C together, just use one in the AM and one in the PM. Maybe you should check outwww.platinumskincare.com . From that site you can get a 30% or 40% glycolic acid peel to start with, and your copper peptide serum. I would start with either the regular or supercop serum. I started with the supercop and haven't had a problem, but some people are more sensitive to it. They also have a 15% glycolic cream which is nice. Now, as for the relax-a-line, or the new one with Vialox...I think you have this area covered with the spot treatment you said you are currently using, and the ADCE. However, if you still want to get one, maybe try the new one with Vialox, or check out PSF BrowTox,www.psfskincare.com . If you do a search on it you will find the thread that talks about it and peoples results. As for a cleanser...what kind are you looking for?

soccermominsd wrote:

I think glycolic acid is the best for increasing collagen, but others may have other opinions. Just be careful not to overuse, and you should be fine. A 10% to 15% cream is best, with a pH of under 4. For your acid peel, start with every 2-3 weeks and build up your tolerance. Seriously, best not to get too over eager about it, or you will just cause damage.

soccermominsd wrote:

This is another very active product. If you want to use all of these products you will want to bring them all in slowly, over a period of time. Let you skin get used to them one at a time. If you all of a sudden start Retin A and glycolic acid products together, you WILL peel and it WILL be painful. So first, I would decide on the JB products. If you decide that you want to use them, then you will have to get a routine going with them and the Perricone, bring in the other things gradually. EG:

AM...
-water cleansing
-SkinPrep
-C serum, if you want one
-ADCE
-perricone C/dmae/lipoic acid treatment (if moisturizer is needed)
-relax-a-line etc...
-eye cream
-Sunscreen

PM(1)...
-cleanser
-CP serum
-eye cream
-Emu oil
PM(2)
-cleanser
-Retin A (nothing should be used over this)
PM(3)
-cleanser
-glycolic cream
-emu oil (if needed)

Now, to start, I would use the first rountine 2 nights, and then the second for 1, then the first for 2 nights, then the third for 1 etc... This way, hopefully, you won't react too much. If it is still too strong, the alternate them even more; using the first for 3 nights. Gradually, over time you may be able to use them all in a 3 night cycle; hence, using every active known to man. Laughing

soccermominsd wrote:

Something simple for cleansers. Right now I alternate between MDF and the PSF Green Tea cleanser. The Green Tea is very soothing. For eyecream, Cellcosmet seems to be a popular one. PSF makes one that gets good reviews too, as does Babor. I recently read a review of REN that made me want to try that one too...Just don't get one with Vit C in it, or you won't be able to use it with your CPS.

soccermominsd wrote:

Congratulations!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, thought of one more thing. I got my Mom and aunts a mask fromwww.annabellina.com . The Patrica's Selection Firming Mask. It has so many great things in it; you should check it out! Good for when you have a special event, and apparently over time, the results get even better! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Faith ...
I really appreciate the information you have provided for me.
soccermominsd wrote:

faith wrote:
I am not sure if it will help or not. I liked StriVectin though, for it's moisture and it helped with fine lines around my eyes.

Yes I wasn't sure about this either...thought I read the peptides helped carry the actives into the skin...but could've been mistaken.

soccermominsd wrote:
I just ordered the sample pack from JB and am looking forward to trying these products as they seem appropriate for my goals.

faith wrote:
JB recommends using only their products during the initial stages. So, when you use this, you will want to stop the Perricone for that time. As well, should you decide to purchase the JB, I think it is an excessive amount of layering (and I LOVE layering) if you try to use the Perricone too; except for perhaps 1 moisturizer and an eye cream. You could alternate your moisturizers still though...

I absolutely agree to leave out the Perricone when using JB's regime. I only have one full size product from the Perricone line currently. And truthfully-the full size (vit c treatment) seems to be stronger than the trial that I purchased.

faith wrote:
You can use copper peptides and Vit C together, just use one in the AM and one in the PM. Maybe you should check outwww.platinumskincare.com . From that site you can get a 30% or 40% glycolic acid peel to start with, and your copper peptide serum. I would start with either the regular or supercop serum. I started with the supercop and haven't had a problem, but some people are more sensitive to it. They also have a 15% glycolic cream which is nice. Now, as for the relax-a-line, or the new one with Vialox...I think you have this area covered with the spot treatment you said you are currently using, and the ADCE. However, if you still want to get one, maybe try the new one with Vialox, or check out PSF BrowTox,www.psfskincare.com .

That info answers so many questions re: acids and peels...wow Cool. I already looked at platinum, but was very confused.

soccermominsd wrote:

faith wrote:
I think glycolic acid is the best for increasing collagen, but others may have other opinions. Just be careful not to overuse, and you should be fine. A 10% to 15% cream is best, with a pH of under 4. For your acid peel, start with every 2-3 weeks and build up your tolerance. Seriously, best not to get too over eager about it, or you will just cause damage.

No-I definately do not want to ovedue. I will add slowly and see how I react first as I've never done a peel or utilized an acids in my creams.

soccermominsd wrote:

faith wrote:
This is another very active product. If you want to use all of these products you will want to bring them all in slowly, over a period of time. Let you skin get used to them one at a time. If you all of a sudden start Retin A and glycolic acid products together, you WILL peel and it WILL be painful. So first, I would decide on the JB products. If you decide that you want to use them, then you will have to get a routine going with them...bring in the other things gradually.

Good advice...just couldn't pass up on the 'deal' of getting the retin-a for such a good price. Even if I just use to spot treat the occasional pimples that sneak out.

faith wrote:
EG:
AM...
-water cleansing
-SkinPrep
-C serum, if you want one
-ADCE
-perricone C/dmae/lipoic acid treatment (if moisturizer is needed)
-relax-a-line etc...
-eye cream
-Sunscreen

PM(1)...
-cleanser
-CP serum
-eye cream
-Emu oil
PM(2)
-cleanser
-Retin A (nothing should be used over this)
PM(3)
-cleanser
-glycolic cream
-emu oil (if needed)

Now, to start, I would use the first rountine 2 nights, and then the second for 1, then the first for 2 nights, then the third for 1 etc... This way, hopefully, you won't react too much. If it is still too strong, the alternate them even more; using the first for 3 nights. Gradually, over time you may be able to use them all in a 3 night cycle; hence, using every active known to man. Laughing

Thanks faith...I will probably go slower and eliminate the retin-a.

soccermominsd wrote:

faith wrote:
Something simple for cleansers. Right now I alternate between MDF and the PSF Green Tea cleanser. The Green Tea is very soothing. For eyecream, Cellcosmet seems to be a popular one. PSF makes one that gets good reviews too, as does Babor. I recently read a review of REN that made me want to try that one too...Just don't get one with Vit C in it, or you won't be able to use it with your CPS.

Gotcha..thanks

Thanks again faith for your very well thought out reply.Very Happy

Anita

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi, not much to add here, but I was pretty impressed with the difference in skin tone between those two pics! Very Happy

I would also emphasise using a sunscreen. Iknow Faith mentioned it, but I would like to hammer it in! Very Happy

Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you can use c in the am and cp's in the pm. I just meant, not at the same time. In my opinion I would keep up with the retin a and use vit c only. I used to do the c in the am and the cp's in the pm. and I got better and faster results using the c and retin a regimin. Everyone is different though so you would have to try both and decide for yourself. I use Jan Marini biloglycolic wash, Alpha derma prep, Jan Marini Cesta serum (vit c), Jan Marini factor A plus, Glytone 17% AHA, Alpha derma C, and Bio Derm Biolait 30 Sunscreen in the a.m. P.m. I use Jan Marini Glycolic wash, the prep, Cesta c, Retin A, and Alpha derma CE. I would never go without my retin a. This is know for working as an anti aging product and is proven. CP's don't have the backing that retin a has.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't the skin tone thingfunny ? I had just gotten back from Costa Rica and looked less tan-but I was also more careful and doin' my daily facial maintenance.

You are right guapogirl about the sunblock...
(btw- you are the one who mentioned the eds forum on another forum and I'm very grateful to have found this place on the web with your help Smile )

I'm using Banana Boat sport as I play soccer and I'm outside a lot with my daughter'soccer games in sunny San Diego. But I know there is probably something better out there. I just have to research it a bit on eds and see who's using and liking what.

Thanks for driving it home-it's a bit more important to me now a days to watch my fragile facial skin.

Anita

guapagirl wrote:
Hi, not much to add here, but I was pretty impressed with the difference in skin tone between those two pics! Very Happy

I would also emphasise using a sunscreen. Iknow Faith mentioned it, but I would like to hammer it in! Very Happy

Liz Cool
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Terihe wrote:
Yes you can use c in the am and cp's in the pm. I just meant, not at the same time. In my opinion I would keep up with the retin a and use vit c only. I used to do the c in the am and the cp's in the pm. and I got better and faster results using the c and retin a regimin. Everyone is different though so you would have to try both and decide for yourself. I use Jan Marini biloglycolic wash, Alpha derma prep, Jan Marini Cesta serum (vit c), Jan Marini factor A plus, Glytone 17% AHA, Alpha derma C, and Bio Derm Biolait 30 Sunscreen in the a.m. P.m. I use Jan Marini Glycolic wash, the prep, Cesta c, Retin A, and Alpha derma CE. I would never go without my retin a. This is know for working as an anti aging product and is proven. CP's don't have the backing that retin a has.

Thanks Terihe...I'll see how it goes as faith said-slowly adding stuff.

I haven't even touched the retin-a yet except for some acne related areas which just zaps those things. I used retin-a many years ago after I had my daughter & I was breaking out badly-it was the only thing that saved me and made me glow and look healthy on top of it; so I've seen it work wonders.

Anita

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Anita Smile welcome to the forum!
I don't have anything to contribute product-wise but I second faith's suggestion on introducing new products slowly into your routine. I was once so freaked out about my skin condition that I felt desperate and became overzealous in using skincare products. Faith's advice is golden! Not only will you be allowing your skin to adjust, you will also be able to more precisely assess the effectiveness of individual products by observing your skin's response patterns.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |