Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Glutathione Skin Whitening Pills
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
patrish

Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I got this article from a forum and I thought it was interesting. There is also a link about the research and study about Glut. Let me know wacha think guys

Beauty is skin deep but it’s the SKIN that matters most

The SKIN is the largest organ of the body and maintaining its youthful glow, elasticity and tone is a MUST. As we age, so is our skin that is why it is essential to take more care of it since it is the outer layer of the body to which people perceives by their senses. To some people, skin is such a big issue because most of the time it suggests status symbol in the society. Most people tends to believe that if you have a flawless and light skin it means that you belong to the upper class or you’re a celebrity, because of that simple reason, people would kill for that light and flawless skin.

Achieving a nice skin is not an easy task and it requires a lot of work, discipline and patience. You’re lucky enough if you innately possess that celebrity-like skin that anybody would envy, but how about those people who aren’t that lucky as you are? There are a few basics which you need to do in order to take care of your skin. Everybody knows that water is a basic need and believe me it does wonders in your skin and so drinking lots of everyday especially if you sweat a lot is a very good habit. Avoid the sun. Never go outside unprotected, at least use an umbrella and put sunblock whenever you need to go outside. The skin also needs some light from the sun but basically its UV rays that penetrates to the skin only increases melanin production resulting into a darkened skin. Some people nowadays don’t seem to have sufficient sleep due to work and other things they do but according to studies having sufficient sleep(roughly about 6-8hrs/day) gives more time for your skin you regenerate. Having a healthy skin correlates to a healthy environment. Breathing clean air and living in a smoke-free environment is also a factor for good and healthy skin. People who don’t smoke look more radiant than people who do. What you eat is what you get. Invest in fiber-rich fruits and vegetables and avoid, if possible, fats and high-carb diet. Fiber-rich fruits and veggies does great in your body for it maintains good bowel and cleanses the digestive track, remember, a clean system registers a clear skin. Finally, if you have done all sorts of healthy habits and you seem to feel that it’s not enough nor it does not help your skin dilemma, then its time for science to work for your skin.

Ever wished for that light and flawless skin most celebrities have? Do you know their secret in achieving that porcelain complexion as seen on TV? Not everybody knows about this wonder supplement but it is the secret in achieving such fantastic skin and at the same time improving over all health. It was used in the early years as anti-oxidant, anti-aging and even given(intravenous) to people with HIV/AIDS since this supplement boosts the immune system. Surprisingly, it was discovered that taking it in high dose and in long term evidently lightens the color of the skin, moreover, this is its side-effect alone thus promoting better health. Glutathione is a tripeptide amino-acid that mainly resides in the liver, it is in existence in the body and its supplementation is essential for the body to be able to function fully. Oral administration of this supplement, taking in consideration the proper dosage, surely will lighten your skin and achieve that youthful glow.

Glutathione has a scientific basis in how it works as skin lightener and it is a logical fact. There are even studies made about its skin lightening properties:
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1111/j.1467-2494.2005.00235.x/abs/

Now, science has made it easier for you to reveal that beauty within. Don’t’ miss this chance!
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Glutathione is great for hyperpigmentation. However, you don't need to buy whitening pills. You can just pick up glutithione at your local health food store.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have done research on this and the more reputable sources(ones that aren't trying to sell you something)will tell you that taking glutathione orally is a waste of money. It is highly unabsorbable. I forgot what the exact science of it all is, but what I got from the article(s) was that you are better off taking supplements and food that boost the naturally occuring glut. your own body makes.(raw eggs, tomatos,milk thistle, tumeric,and I think alpha lipoic acid. There's more but I can't remember at the moment.)

I wanted to find a straight glutathione cream, but could only find it as an ingredient in a few brands. Babor does one(selection ultimate) and Annemarie Borlind does one(moisturizing concentrate).

Topically it sounds great, but I have yet to find the extra $$ to "try" and see!!

Just my $.02~

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with Ajax, above.
Much of what I have read about glutathione suggests you cannot take it in a supplement; something to do with stomach acids and metabolism in your bloodstream. The articles (which are hard to find if you try to google them; most pages are advertiders selling it) say taking glutathione (which is what this product contains) would be a waste of time and money. The research, as I interpreted it, shows the only effective way to increase your bloodstream glutathione content is with a whey supplement (bodybuilders take it); it contains lactoferrin, and that triggers glutathione production. Supposedly, so does raw,unprocessed garlic.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
That's right, Product_junkie, it was the whey that they mentioned. But what turned me off was that it was "undenatured" whey, which was WAY more expensive then the healthfood store protein powder I had in mind. Kind of ended my goal of "glutathione loading" for the sake of beautiful skin! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
The dosages are so ridiculously high, that it seems dangerous to take such high dosages of the supplements, especially if the majority of it is not even going to be absorbed.

I tried regular dosage of glutathione and vit C for 6 months with no results of lightening. Although my skin was smoother for it.

This looked like an interesting way to get your glutathione levels up, with Dimethylglycine(DMG). Don't know if it's accurate or not:
http://www.vital-nutrients.com/aangamik_gluta-dmg.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks FairlyFair. This looks interesting. Still a little pricey for me($53 at one site I found)since I don't really know if it is going to do anything. (I'm personally not looking for whitening, just overall skin benefits!) I don't know much about DMG,either. Looks like I have something else to research!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Why not take a Glutathione blend (the tri-peptide of amino acids) if Glutathione by itself cannot be absorbed by the body (even with a combination of Vitamin C). Here's a list:

http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/cyste3.htm
http://www.myvitanet.com/glbo180caca.html
http://www.ibf3.com/prod.ibf3.html
http://www.immunotec.com/glutathione
http://www.avreskincare.com/skin/pallid/pallid_pills.html
http://www.newtreatments.org/ga.php?linkid=264
http://www.vitimmune.com/faqs.htm#10

or better yet take an antioxidant supplement if you just like the skin benefits:

http://www.health4youonline.com/health_supplements_solgar_se1032-5.htm
jole4422
5% products discount

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I had tried a product with that in it and it helped about 20%.
patrish

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:20 am      Reply with quote
If all that you say is true, how can you explain the many people that have became light skinned after taking these glutathione pills? I mean I have seen some users and even a friend and cousin. I think it also does works, only, there are thing needed to be considered for it to work well. I believe that when you take glutathione, there is a possibility for it to be wasted in your body due to certain acids and metabolism stuff that might it kill its potency, BUT, if there are people who have been successful with these pills, I would say there is a proper way in taking glutathione to be able for it to work well and not be wasted

International Journal of Cosmetic Science
Volume 27 Issue 3 Page 147 - June 2005
doi:10.1111/j.1467-2494.2005.00235.x

Glutathione as a depigmenting agent: an overview
C. D. Villarama*,+ and H. I. Maibach*
Synopsis

Glutathione is an ubiquitous compound found in our bodies. Aside from its many ascribed biologic functions, it has also been implicated in skin lightening. We review in vitro and in vivo studies that show evidence of its involvement in the melanogenic pathway and shed light on the its anti-melanogenic effect. Proposed mechanisms of action include: (a) direct inactivation of the enzyme tyrosinase by binding with the copper-containing active site of the enzyme; (b) mediating the switch mechanism from eumelanin to phaeomelanin production; (c) quenching of free radicals and peroxides that contribute to tyrosinase activation and melanin formation; and d) modulation of depigmenting abilities of melanocytotoxic agents. These concepts supported by the various experimental evidence presented form basis for future research in the use of glutathione in the treatment of pigmentary disorders.
scottgw03

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
From my research recently into Glutathione I agree with the above comments that as a supplement it has not been possible to get the best benefits as it has not been possible to produce Glutathione in a way that allows it to penetrate at cellular level.

However, Dr Keller spent 3 years researching the correct components to allow Glutathione to do just that. This has culminated in the development of Max GXL a nutritional supplement that has the ability to increase Glutathione at cellular level and actually allows the body to regenerate it's own Glutathione.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |