Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
jurlique foundation and silk dust
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the silk dust?Is it a white powder?Dont want to look like a ghost!
Also has anyone tried their foundation? Any feedback would be great.
Thanks Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have it and love it! Yes it *is* a white powder but it doesn't make you look white unless you apply too much. It's good for keeping oilies away....

I have tried the foundations (only testers though) but I don't recall liking them...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks fellow aussie Very Happy
P.s do u know any nice foundations that arent full of chemicals etc?I'm looking for more natural products these days Smile
Mabsy

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Before I completely write it off, I have to admit that the testers I played with (at Terry White) were pretty funky. I haven't tried it since. I know that someone here posted recently about liking it so perhaps it's worth a go. If you try it out please let us know Smile

The other options are Miescence (Aus) or mineral makeup (if you're after liquid then maybe GloMinerals?). Also, YonKa and Murad have some nice tinted products but these don't really give coverage. Are you after something sheer or something a little bit more substantial?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Something a bit more substantial, I like liquid makeup best. I was looking at the jane iredale makeup but its really hard to tell the colours with their sample colours. Ilike the sound of the mineral makeups.
Thanks for your help Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Carol

Living Nature do a range of natural liquid foundations, from trying them on my hand they seem to give quite good coverage. I think they are available in health stores in Aus, as it is a NZ product.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
thanks I'll see if i can find them Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm I have been pondering the Jurlique silk dusts for while now and can't be sure if I really need it, I don't really wear foundation, only a dab of concealer and some blusher or bronzer.
Is it worth using on its own?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I use a powder something similar to the silk dust, and I must say on its own it will provide a very glowy look to your face, not overly white or anything - just make sure the brush is one that will spread the powder out well not concentrate it into one spot Mad

For my oily skin, I brush on kaolin clay lightly and it actually gets me through about 6-8 hours without a breakthrough!! I think if you find silk dust not holding the oilies down, mix in a bit of clay.

Hth
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hmmm I have been pondering the Jurlique silk dusts for while now...Is it worth using on its own?
YES!! It's fabulous. I sweep on a layer on the days that I don't feel like applying my full face (i.e.: JI pressed powder foundation) and it helps keep my face from getting too shiny/oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes sigh now it's not fair because I just know I am going to have to buy this!!!! Laughing
I think I will have to wait and buy over the counter as I can't decide whether I will like the Lavender or the Rose best Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased my first Kabuki brush for Jurlique application a few weeks back, and I'm not too fond of it. Any high recommendations for certain brands of large brushes out there?
melissajane
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using jurlique foundation for over 6 months now and i really like it. I am using the lightest colour (cant remember what its called). It seems to cover really well and doesnt feel like im wearing any makeup.
well as for face powder i have been making my own using some arrowroot flour and corn starch (which im sure corn starch / flour is one of the main ingredients in silk dust - if im thinking of the right stuff) and lately i have been adding some of my mineral foundation powder to the mix and it sets my foundation and gets rid of any oiliness. Seems to work just as well.
Melissa.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
I purchased my first Kabuki brush for Jurlique application a few weeks back, and I'm not too fond of it. Any high recommendations for certain brands of large brushes out there?

I use it with the BE Kabuki, so no help from me...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
and it helps keep my face from getting too shiny/oily.

Is it really good at banishing oiliness? I've tried T LeClerc, Laura Geller Matte Maker and some high street branded powders but none of them have been any good at keeping the oil away. How long from application of the Silk Dust until you need to blot your face? Smile
(I've recently ordered the Rose Silk Dust so I'm hoping you are going to tell me great things about it!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
Any high recommendations for certain brands of large brushes out there?
At first I was using my regular BE foundation brush, thinking it was "top of the line," but after I bought my first JI Handi Brush (for my JI pressed foundation), I discovered how scratch-edy feeling my BE brush actually was. It wasn't long after that when I bought a 2nd JI Handi brush to use to apply my Silk Dust. You can't even begin to imagine how soft a Handi brush feels in comparison to my old BE brushes!

Toe wrote:
carekate wrote:
and it helps keep my face from getting too shiny/oily.

Is it really good at banishing oiliness? How long from application of the Silk Dust until you need to blot your face?
Yes, the Silk Dust (I have Rose, too) really helps keep shinies at bay! However, keep in mind that I have SERIOUSLY oily skin so it's not the only thing in my arsenal, but I've found that it does help significantly. If you want to find out exactly how I combat the shinies, click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7244&highlight=carekates+oily+skin+battle+plan and here's a product review from another satisfied Silk Dust user: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7673&highlight=silk+dust

I honestly don't think you'll regret ordering the Silk Dust, but if you still have oily breakthrough, you might think of incorporating my MoM secret weapon....

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:31 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
At first I was using my regular BE foundation brush, thinking it was "top of the line," but after I bought my first JI Handi Brush (for my JI pressed foundation), I discovered how scratch-edy feeling my BE brush actually was.

Laughing I was exactly the same. When I first got the BE brushes I thought they were the bee's knees! Then I got the JI Handi and was amazed at the difference - JI Handi is way softer and I also prefer the flat base of it (particularly with pressed minerals).

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I have tried the foundations (only testers though) but I don't recall liking them...

Okey dokey - I'll have to retract that statement. I didn't like the foundation when I tried it previously but I'm almost certain that was an issue with the tester I used.

I went to the shops today and DJs had new testers out on their counter. I tried the lightest shade and the second lightest - the lightest was a perfect match for my NW20 skin. It looked really nice, healthy glow, other half commented that it looked nice. It doesn't have a lot of coverage but it's the type of foundation I like. It has a gorgeous rose scent to it that sticks around for quite some time. I loved it but some people might find that irritating. Overall I was impressed with it. The only thing that stopped me from buying it was the $45 price tag and knowing that I can get it duty free soon Smile Oh, and possibly all the unfinished and unopened foundations that I have at home Embarassed

Btw, I also looked up the reviews for the Dr Hauschka foundations - they also get rated very well... Might pick one up in Germany hopefully....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
i have one of the dr h foundations and it's fantastic. it has great coverage when i put it on with a brush and has a lovely smell. i like the consistency, not too runny but not too clumpy and thick either. i also like the fact that it contains stuff that is in some of the dr h products so that i know it's doing good stuff for my skin while i'm wearing it.

now, one caveat, i'm not a big foundation wearer so my experience of foundations in general is somewhat limited.

Kiwigirl.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:
i have one of the dr h foundations and it's fantastic.

Great! I'll be getting one of these Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love it for keeping oily skin at bay!!
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Rose Silk Dust cos of the rave here but havent used it much. I remember being out after applying it once n was shocked at how white i looked when i went past a mirror. I think i might hv put on too much. Do u simply use a large brush n dust it on? Do you put the brush directly on to the tub to get the powder or pour onto your palm then dip? Im just wondering if douple-dipping into the tub would contaminate the powder thru the little holes. Or m i being paranoid?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |