Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
mexoryl sunscreen-yep again!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I know this subject has probably been talked about somewhere but i just had a question for anyone who knows a bit about sunscreen, I've heard you shouldnt wear foundation over this because it degrades avobenzone but would that really matter because you've still got the mexoryl protecting your skin???
Got my LRP last week and love it!

P.s for anyone who's interested I bought this on skinxpert.com and they dont have crazy postage fees like some sites I've come accross(about $6.00
US) and item arrived in a week. Only thing that annoyed me about them is I sent them 2 emails and still waiting for reply!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that is right, except when it degrades it creates free radicals. I don't know about you, but I definitely do not want to create more free radicals; we have to deal with enough already.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Yeah good point, I didnt think of that,the whole point of wearing sunscreen is to protect skin not make it worse. I guess I'll just save this for non makeup days(though I do put tiny bit of foundation on my nose to cover blackheads,cant help myself)
It wouldnt matter would it? Its not like our nose gets wrinkly anyway. Smile
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
So are you saying that the efficacy of Mexoryl to protect you from the sun's rays is diminished if you apply it on top of other products? Say if i'm using Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic or Godiva Skin Brightening Facial moisturizer or Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide Gel before putting LRP Anthelios XL on my face, it will make my LRP useless?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
No, that is not what I said. Avobenzone degrades in the presence of minerals like titanium and zinc. If minerals are in the other products you are using, then it will break down the Avobenzone, producing free radicals, leading to aging etc. That part of the sunscreen would be useless. I believe the Mexoryl part is fine. For more info on sunscreen, you should read this thread...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6346&highlight=sunscreen+badbird

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:04 am      Reply with quote
i've been using Anthelios XL for several years now and read as many links as i could.

would like to ask everyone who is currently using lrp sunscreen: did you stop using foundation because of it, or do you still use foundation over it in spite off free-radicals? did you find any foundation that will not degrate your sunscreen? which one?

bad bird, would love to hear your thoughts.

thank you all so very much.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
my LRP dermo peds has no Avobenzone, only Mexoryl. I dont see why products would include both. I think that mineral makeup can only not be used with Avobenzone products. Of course a physical sunscreen could also be used with mineral makeup. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Mineral makeup did not work for me. I checked several high/low brands of liquid/cream/TM foundations and they all seem to include some form of zinc or iron, etc. How to tell if they are coated or not?

Please, help
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |