Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Microdermx and Epidermx and Bellederm- my reviews on all 3
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jole4422
5% products discount

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've tried all three products which all claim to be pharmaceutical grade.

Here is my review on all three.

Epidermx I used to use until it started getting more like water and the smell changed, or something. And my jar was about 1/2 filled. It looked like I got 1 oz, and I had paid $44.95 plus a high s/h. I thought this was why they lowered their prices so drastically, but not sure.

I also tried Bellederm because my friend told me that their ingredients and crystals are a tweaked version of Epidermx. They sold it on ebay for 16.95 for a 2 oz jar -Similar/simple looking jar as the Epidermx except Epidermx has blue label. I liked epidermx a little better than bellederm. They have their own "derma butter version" and it was really nice, and I got it for much less than Epiderm sells it for.

A couple of months ago, I bought Microdermx and it is far superior than anything I've ever tried. My skin looks better now than it ever has. The product is the best quality I've tried, and the company, Nikkel Holistic Skincare, has been excellent to deal with. I am having better results with this product than the others I've listed above. My friend who is an actor/model said that he used to pay hundreds at spas for peels and microdermabrasion, but now gets a "peel" from Microdermx and says he loves it. The Microdermx jar is very classy and matches the quality inside. I don't mind paying a little more for better quality, IMO. I just want results that work!
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the Epidermx in the mail today and used it immediately. It's almost filled to the cap and the consistency is not watery at all. It's like many other moisturizing creams I've been using. The smell is very pleasent and refreshing, like mango or some sort of tropical fruits.

My skin reacted very well to the scrubing. The peeling came naturally and fast in a few minutes. I saw clumps of dead skin fell into my skin. I follwed it with my Olay Total Effects moisturizer and right now as we speak my skin feels like a baby's bottom. I have lines on the forehead and pitted scars on the cheeks. After the first try my faintest line has been blasted away a lot already. Very Happy
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding the Epidermx i purchased mine 2 months ago ... the jar was 100% full, wasn't watery and smelt great ... no funny smell to this day after 2 months. Everytime i do it as a treatment i have the ball up effect very fast. $2.55 shipping was what i paid at goldportbeauty.com. It's my HG treatment product for my oily and broken out skin. My skin looks totally different than 2 months ago. I had 5 treatments at my derm's but this Epidermx has been working out better.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive me but I *suspect* you work with or have an affliation with Microdermx. Don't bother trying to deny it, because it won't float with me. Your new to the board and start out with Microdermx? and there was a post the other day about it and now your post? and you just happen to have an actor friend that uses it? hmmm Idea I *almost* venture to say your Dana.

Goldportbeauty is reputable to deal with so I would expect the jars full. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Shouldn't this be in Product Reviews?

Anyway, I hope you are not really self-promoting.. *shakes head* Neutral
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:09 am      Reply with quote
My Epidermx, bought about 6 weeks or so ago, was also absolutely fine - not at all watery, jar filled almost to the top, and very good value shipping from goldportbeauty.

I've loved using it so far and it's been great to my skin.

I don't know whether the original post was a self-promotion one, but, if it is, then it would certainly put me off Microdermx as I don't like the kind of dirty tricks that some skincare companies seem to employ. Given the choice, I'd always prefer to opt for those who are honest and fair in their dealings.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Well in case some of you have not read the other post about Mircodermx/Epidermx, they are basically they same product. Epiderm corp split up and they are competing w/each other and of course the distributors of Microdermx are now saying it is superior, stands to reason. Not saying it isn't, maybe they tweaked it and it is but I hate when people come on any board and *pretend* to be customers.

This is not the first time here, remember Danielle who was probably Dana and this has happened on other boards as well. At least I out and out said I was a distributor! To lie and promote a product, speaks volumes of GREED & dishonesty. Never once have I seen Goldport do this, and I know the owner, she is honest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I hope this is was a genuine post but suspect it may not be... Sad
It's a shame if it is as it won't do the reputation of Microdermx any good and it may very well be an excellent product!!

I am planning to try it,my usual epidermx Distributor Sandy Kemp (every jar I bought was fine by the way) is now selling Microdermx instead, I've always had great service from her so would like to give her the chance with the new product/version. I'll do a review as soon as I try it. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know of Sandy as well. I will curious to hear what differences you see with Epidermx vs Microdermx, if any. I can't imagine any significant differences. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with you, sassyred.
naes

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Im confused, both products are the same, MicrodermX used to be Mystic Mountain ut not no more.
I see MicrodermX is a little more expensive but it has beautiful packaging.
Is Dana the owner or what. Rolling Eyes
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mystic Mt and Microdermx are the same. It was called Mystic Mt for a short time. I personally don't need beautiful packaging for the price, I assume just use Epidermx which is like $31 or another brand. I find it interesting that Microdermx/Nickel UPED the price to start off.

Dana is just one of many distributors, Nickel is the *owner* of Microdermx and suspect Nickel is the ex-epiderm corp people.

hope that clarifies

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know emails of where I can become a distributor for any one of these three Product brands, what brand is the cheapest to distribute.
Thanks
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
...after checking one of the Microdermx sites, the pictures use to be used on her Epidermx site! (before/afters of the forehead) AND one picture that is claiming to be her before isn't even her!!!! I am tellin ya ladies, pure lies/greed! disgusting to deceive the public!

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred, who are you talking about in regards to your latest post about pictures of before and after photos on epiderm site.
Cheers
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Well I received my Microdermx (Refinish Step 1) and Replenish (Step 2)from my old Epidermx distributor yesterday and tried them out last night - here are my observations -

1. Excellent products - but that's hardly surprising - they seem to be indentical to Epidermex and Dermabutter, they even smell the same!!
2. Packaging is nicer than Epidermx BUT the jar is 50g whereas the Epidermx was 60g and its currently more expensive that Epidermx is being sold for.
3. The service I got from my distributor was excellent - but I would expect that as she was extremely good when distributing Epidermx which is why I decided to stick with her - she's always been very helpful and customer focused so I thought I'd try the new line from her rather than 'risk' someone I didn't know selling Epidermx (now Sassyreds not selling it anymore). As a returning customer she also offered a free sample of either Cammelia Oil, Emu Oil or a slice of organic 'black soap' for rejuvinating and blemish control. I chose the soap as I have Cammelia and wasn't interested in the Emu, being a veggie. I was delighted to get a whole bar of the soap in with my order rather than the trial size.

So basically - Either product (Epidermx or Microdermx) is worth getting as both are extremely good, and while the formulation has been tweaked slightly the results are the same - really good. It's just a case of deciding who to buy from - I decided to stick with my distributor as she's always been great, although its a tad annoying the jars are smaller and the price higher. But that's just my opinion Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
There's the issue in my opinion, that they are selling the same thing in a fancier jar for less amount for more money, just because they can. I would rather buy Epidermx form Goldportbeauty.com as I know she is reptuable!

Regardless I am glad you like it and are getting good customer service. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I have used epidermx for over a year. No great problems with it, but I would doubt it really has a 2 year shelf life. I would say 1 year max.

Re the whole "it was watered down" whatever... um, this Microdermx is basically a spin off of the exact same product from ex Epiderm people, no? Same product, same manufacturer.. so if one product is "inferior quality" they that would make the new one too.

I dont know what went on over there, but I sure would never give my business to any company that had to bad mouth its competitor/previous company in such a way.

At present I have not decided what to do when my current epidermx runs out.. will cross that bridge when I come to it.
lotionade

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for people who have used the epidermx. Did it help anyone with motion wrinkles? Thanks for any replies.
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
It is helping my motion wrinkles. The wrinkles on my forehead are caused mostly by my expressive movements. Since using the Epidermx they've been much flattened. They are still visible but look much smoother or relaxed than 2 months ago. I don't have laugh lines like those around the mouth, so not sure if it helps there.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Athena, my 2 creases on my forehead are much less noticeable and I have been using Epidermx since March 2005. It's a very good product in my opinion!

P.S. I get mine from Goldportbeauty.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Does Epidermx help with hyperpigmentation and acne scars?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I believe it does but as with all scarring will take some time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Just been briefly cruising the goldportbeauty site after all your raves for the epidermix (never heard of it before)

My question is: Do you use the camelia oil as well? And if so, don't you need a moisturizer of some sort after the oil to "seal it in"?

This forum is SO addictive! Shock

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
My question is similar/related to Ruth’s……if I purchase Epidermix do I also need to buy the DermaButter? What is the point or advantage to DermaButter?

Thanks so much!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |