Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Microdermx and Epidermx and Bellederm- my reviews on all 3
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
it's been helping a lot with my acne scars (both brown spots and indents)and a little on sun spots. I use the silkia camellia oil as well and it's all i use ... i don't need another moisturizer. The oil moisturizes very well and no greasy feeling ... plus it balances my skin's oil production and makes it look glowy. I have oily skin btw but it seems to love the oil ... it just sucks it up.

i just tried a sample of the derma butter and liked it ... smells yummy. I think it's supposed to nourish the skin because of the antioxidants and healing essential oils and so on it contains. But i think you can use any good moisturizer after the epidermx ... the point is to protect the new skin after the dead skin cells are sloughed off.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Epidermx with both all the time. I used to only use the camella oil at night though. Using the combo of the 3 certainly did make my skin soft and clear.

Actually, it is only since I stopped this combination that my skin has started to break out again. I never once had a problem with breakouts for dry patches during the time I was using it. hmm why do we change routines when something is obviously doing us good?? Razz My routine was Epidermx 2-3 times a week, dermabutter morning and night, camellia oil at night (daytime too in winter). At one point I used them in conjunction with ADCE too without any problem. I used Dermabutter over the top of ADCE in the morning (it was winter and I needed the extra boost) and the camellia oil over ADCE at night.

You really could use any moisturizer, but the point of the "duo" is that dermabutter has no fragrance or artificial colors etc. Aside from the marketing side of telling people to use the chemical-free stuff on the fresh skin, for me, I agree with it. I also hunted down face masks in other brands that I could use after epidermx as well. If you had to choose between the two I would say take the dermabutter. However, the camellia oil has many uses.. a drop rubbed over the hair is lovely, it is fab to use during flights (both hubby and I apply it to face, forearms, hands and then smooth our palms through our hair). It is best to apply when skin is moist, so I found it helpful to spritz lightly then apply (same goes for jojoba oil users).

Dermabutter remains to this day one of my favorite moisturizers (even though I am shopping for some substitutes just because I am bored with the same moisturizer after a year and a half). My whole family uses it. Hubby has used it every day for 1.5 years. My mum (77) has used it for a year and actually TOLD me she liked it and used it every day (this is a big deal for her). Oh and I also used the dermabutter as my eye cream for ages.. it is that lightweight (yet it really is moisturizing). To apply my dermabutter I used to spread the blob over my hands and then pat it into my face then at the end just patted it around the eye area too. If I had a soapbox about anything it would be spreading creams over palms (for want of a better term rubbing them) to evenly distribute the cream and warm it up for better absorption.. I was first told to this about 15 years ago and it really does make a difference IMO.

We also use the Epiderm cleansing bars with the products (but I dont like the hydroxy toner they have - then again, I am not much for toners at all)

All that being said, my recipe for the softest hands on earth (just did this last night) is to do an epidermx treatment on my hands just past the wrists, rinse, smother with two good pumps of camellia oil and massage in. There will still be oil residue but no worry as now you put on disposable plastic gloves (not the surgeon kind, but the clear thin plastic like you see some food preparers wear) and then cover with a pair of little cotton gloves and hit the hay!! When my husband woke up this morning and held my hand (just prior to tickling the palm to finally wake me up Bad Grin ) he actually said "oooh, your hands are nice and moist" So now I have to do his hands for him tonight!

Did I answer the question? LOL
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
love the answer tiger Very Happy

wish EDS carried the products ... I'm a one shop woman, very loyal (or lazy...hmm) Cool

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thank you so much for your answer!! So much info and now I am just craving the butter!!

I am going on line today and buying all three products so I can try them over the holidays.

Thank you again!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
After a long backorder my Epidermex finally arrived today. Hubby called me at work saying , you got another box of potions today Laughing He's been really confused as to what I am doing since I found this site.

Anyway...the DermaButter and Camellia oil came last week. Started using it right away. Can give or take the oil. Between the OCM I have ready-made and the squalane oil any of the 3 IMO work well. The DermaButter - I will NEVER be without this product again. I have the driest skin in the winter. I work outside, and Chicago winters are not exactly mild. Smile

On to the Epidermex. The end result, only have done it once and just about an hour ago. My skin looks refreshed. Feels a little raw (for lack of a better term right now, it's 2:45 am here and had a loooong night at work) Feels windburned I guess can describe the sensation. Took longer to get the "balling" effect than I anticipated, but I did use my Oil of Old Age, err, umm Olay Smile 3 or 4 days ago. So, maybe didn't have as much to ball with. I did notice fainter lines diminished. My deeper ones don't seem as pronounced. I finished with the Camellia oil, as recommended, then with the DermaButter. After ANY treatment my skin just sucks in anything I put on it. The redness (after all the rubbing) diminished within about 30 minutes. Definitely a nighttime routine. Looking forward to what will be looking back at me in morning mirror. I also tried as another here posted about and did my hands too. Definitely has evened out the tone, we'll see in the morning too.

Know this is probably a little pre-mature on a review. But - if for no other reason to give others an idea of my 1st experiance who may be wondering due to an impending order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I must remember to try the Epidermx on my hands next time. I do love it for my face already.

So the DermaButter's good, eh? Haven't tried that yet and my skin can get very dry indeed.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Major - LOVE the DermaButter. It's light, non greasy absorbs great nice scent too. It's inexpensive (comparitively speaking). But - as I said, will never be without it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
You've convinced me. Very Happy

As soon as I've finished my current moisturiser, I think I'll give it a try. I should be due to order more Epidermx by then anyway.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Epidermix hope it works. Has anyone tried the camellia oil for hair growth?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky - you're kiddin, right? About the Camellia oil? Great, now I'm gonna get a 5 o'clock shadow like hubby Sad

I use that daily after cleansing getting ready for the day. I use the Squalane oil at night.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |