Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: CP Lavender & Active Manuka Honey Cleansing Crea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like the 'm' got cut off the title of this thread. The full name of the product is -
Carol Priest Lavender & Active Manuka Honey Cleansing Cream:
"A rich emollient water rinseable cleanser containing the soothing healing and anti bacterial properties of New Zealand alpine manuka honey and true lavender oil. The combination of sunflower seed oil and water enables the cream to melt onto and spread over the skin to help loosen make - up, dirt and grime."

Well, it certainly does melt onto the skin and when used in combination with a face cloth it left my skin feeling soft and clean. Did a great job at removing my make-up at the end of the day.
I ordered this by mistake as I thought the ingredients of lavender and manuka honey would make it suitable for oily, problematic skin types. However, this cleanser is designed for those with dry, sensitive or mature skins. It is a very emollient cleanser but it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy as some creamy cleansers can.
To use the product you apply the cream onto a dry face. Then you add a few drops of warm water to emulsify the product. To remove just use a damp face cloth.
It's a nice product that didn't cause any breakouts on my oily skin even though it has quite a rich, creamy texture. The only thing that would put me off buying the product again was the strong scent of lavender. Still, I should have expected that considering the product name. Razz

Active Ingredients: Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus annus), Active Manuka Honey, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacoa), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera),Essential Oil of Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia),Essential Oil of Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia grosso), Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toe, I've been waiting for a review of this. Would you buy it again?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I would consider buying it again but not straight away. Possibly when my skin is more mature. I also have the Carol Priest Rose & Almond cleansing cream which is for normal/combination skin and this is the one I would repurchase as it is more suited to my skin type and I the smell of it.
I'm planning to try the Blue Chamomile cleanser that you reviewed too. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review toe.
carol priest is a new zealand product but i've never tried any of it. it's quite cheap here too (isn't it always inexpensive in the place of origin) but i'm so happy with my dr hauschka stuff that i don't want to change my routine at present.
i'll file your comments about this product for the time i feel like i want to try something new!

Kiwigirl.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |