Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW dicovered BEST lipbalm!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I had sore cracked lips this morning and since I am breastfeeding, I thought to myself; "hmmm...I wonder if the Lanolin cream for sore cracked nipples will work on my lips"...I tried it and WOW!!! The 100% pure Lanolin has perfect consistency- creamy thick gel, and it not only made my lips soft, but glossy too! It's perfect! I love the fact that my new lipbalm/lipgloss discovery comes from a tube so it does not look like I'm putting on make-up. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great, but I wonder if you can find it in a regular lip balm and not "nipple cream"? My boyfriend already thinks I'm crazy as it is. Laughing
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
I bought a tube of Dr Lipp Original Nipple Cream a few months back as I'd read in a magazine that it made a great lip balm. It is made from 100% lanolin. It actually says on the tube that 'Dr Lipp goes beyond breastfeeding to nourish dry, chapped lips.'
Loved the idea of carrying it around in my bag. Made a change from the usual Carmex or Vaseline and it certainly raised a few eyebrows. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, my lips react badly to lanolin when I've used balms that contain it. Crying or Very sad I think this is the only ingredient that my skin has ever reacted to. Strange.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
The 100 % pure Lanolin is hypoallergenic...it must be one of the purest things you can put on your lips since babies will suck on the nipple that you apply it on. I am so glad I found this gem, it's so perfectly glossy and yet healing! Very Happy
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Happyhippie,

Where did you get it?

On a sweeter note, isn't breast-feeding a wonderful joy in life? I nursed my four kids (they can't bear to hear me say that, they cringe). Enjoy this precious time it goes by so fast.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I got the Purelan sample when I bought a breast-pump and it has lasted forever, but full retail size is available here

http://store.babycenter.com/product/feeding_nursing/breastfeeding/breast_creams_pads/3013

for only $6!

yes- breast-feeding is amazing and so natural and healthy...it's sad that our society does not support it more...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Now you know there’s just absolutely no way I’m going to be able to pass this up, right? I mean, I use ear drops to whiten my teeth, apple cider vinegar to tone my face, Boudreaux’s Butt Paste to deal with my severely dry skin, and Bounce dryer sheets to repel mosquitoes, so why the hell would I *not* try nipple cream on my lips?? I mean, we already know how orally fixated I am!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip... my lips get very dry in the wintertime so this will come in handy!

cheri
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hey,
Speaking of products meant for one purpose but used for another.... one of the greatest hand moisturizers is “hoof ointment” for horses as a hand cream. (Don't worry you won't smell like a mule and any other animal). I can get the name if anyone is interested.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
Hey,
Speaking of products meant for one purpose but used for another.... one of the greatest hand moisturizers is “hoof ointment” for horses as a hand cream. (Don't worry you won't smell like a mule and any other animal). I can get the name if anyone is interested.

I'm interested! It sounds like it would be really thick though. Does it absorb well?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Isn’t it Hard As Hooves? I’ve seen it at Walmart and Walgreens in the body lotion aisle. I used it years ago and it also really helps with strengthening problem nails.

Another farm-animal related product that’s great for severely dry, cracked hands is “Cracked Udder Ointment” or something like that. You’ll find it in the same aisle as the hoof cream and it comes in a little black tin box with white spots on it, like a Holstein cow. I suppose Udder Ointment would be Bessie the Cow’s version of chapped nipple cream!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Another farm-animal related product that’s great for severely dry, cracked hands is “Cracked Udder Ointment” or something like that. You’ll find it in the same aisle as the hoof cream and it comes in a little black tin box with white spots on it, like a Holstein cow. I suppose Udder Ointment would be Bessie the Cow’s version of chapped nipple cream!

I've got some of this. Very Happy
It's called 'Udderly Smooth'. I only ordered it because I have an obsession with cows. Comes with being born in Hereford, home of Hereford cattle. I couldn't resist the little black and white pot.
It's quite good for dry patches of skin though.
Funny you should mention Boudreaux's Butt Paste, Carekate. I've thought about ordering some of this from the U.S. as I just love the name of it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
...like a Holstein cow.

Spoken like a true Texan! LOL Laughing
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh we need to add the horse shampoo and conditioner on that list. Laughing
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
sernx wrote:

Has anybody actually tried Mane 'N' Tail shampoo and conditioner? I've read that it is/has been used by some celebrities to keep their tresses in top condition but I'm not sure if I believe that or not. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
sernx wrote:
Has anybody actually tried Mane 'N' Tail shampoo and conditioner? I've read that it is/has been used by some celebrities to keep their tresses in top condition but I'm not sure if I believe that or not. Confused
Yeah, I tried it years ago, when I heard that celebs used and loved it too -- God, am I gulliable or what?? I have to say it was probably among the top three WORST shampoos or conditioners that I have ever tried, and that’s saying a lot because I’m a hair-product whore! It made my hair feel very dry and brittle, almost straw-like. It might be what top Hollywood stars like "Trigger," "Black Beauty," and "Seabiscuit" use to keep their hair in top condition, but I don't think any human star would endorse it!!

...So yesterday I stop at Walgreens pharmacy to buy some of HH’s nipple cream to use for my lips and I’m wandering up and down the baby-care aisle and couldn’t find anything. Then I checked the feminine hygiene aisle, just in case, but no dice. Then I checked the skincare/body lotion aisle and I see a little tube of that Udderly Smooth and smiled as I thought of Toe, but still no nipple cream. Finally, I go look in the first aid aisle where they keep other “ointments” and didn’t see it there, and lastly I checked the aisle where they have the canned baby formula and still no luck. I was feeling pretty despondent as I had stopped at this store just for the nipple cream. Then inspiration struck! I went back and picked up black & white Holstein-spotted tube and read the ingredients and – sure enough – Udderly Smooth was made of lanolin, too, so into my basket it went. I tried it before I went to bed since I was out of my beloved Gatineau Electelle Lipcare (my intense overnight lip treatment of choice) and am waiting to receive a new tube that I ordered from the UK on Ebay. Anyway, I must say that I am cautiously impressed with the results but want to reserve judgment for a couple more days. The only thing I didn’t like was the strange sort of taste, but then again it was meant for cow’s nipples so many little calves don’t have tastebuds or something.... Shock

On another note, I know that the sell 100% pure lanolin at the health food store, so I might get a tub of that and use it to make my own lip balm so I can add a bit of orange essential oil or something to give it a little bit of a better taste.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh, haven't tried it on my lips. I've been using it for dry patches of skin on my feet and elbows. Will have to give the lip thing a try. Smile
Thanks for the warning about Mane 'N' Tail. Luckily it's not available in the UK or I probably would have tried it by now. Embarassed

(Off now to put some Udderly Smooth on my lips.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Quote:
Now you know there’s just absolutely no way I’m going to be able to pass this up, right? I mean, I use ear drops to whiten my teeth, apple cider vinegar to tone my face, Boudreaux’s Butt Paste to deal with my severely dry skin, and Bounce dryer sheets to repel mosquitoes, so why the hell would I *not* try nipple cream on my lips?? I mean, we already know how orally fixated I am!!

HAHAHAHAHA! Laughing out loud in my office at work. I'm sure my co-workers think I'm nuts. This just cracked me up. Phew.....laughter is good for the soul!

You, too, Toe! I love it.

I've heard about ear drops for teeth whitening......does this dry out your lips? And is it ok for sensitive teeth?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Toe - would you please post the list of ingredients in your Dr. Lipp Nipple Cream because I want to see if it’s similar to the Udderly Smooth stuff or the PurLan that HappyHippie mentioned. Dr. Lipp isn’t available over here so I want to know if it’s something I absolutely must obtain at any cost, or if the ingredients are so close to Udderly Smooth PurLan that I don’t need to bother.

TIA!
Carrie

Debra wrote:
I've heard about ear drops for teeth whitening......does this dry out your lips? And is it ok for sensitive teeth?
See if this answers your questions -- be sure to follow the posted links to read about others' experience with it....
CareKate wrote:
Though not technically a recipe, I thought it would be helpful to add the other clever, "alternative product solutions" we have discovered so that all of this info is grouped together in one place....

TOOTHWHITENING: Here is a cheap, yet super-effective alternative to "GoSmile," "Crest White Stripes" and other similar home tooth-whitening products:

WHAT IT IS:
Auro Ear (Wax Removal) Drops and/or GlyOxide oral hygiene product. Both of these products contain carbamide peroxide, the same active ingredient in both GoSmile and Crest White Strips which help whiten your teeth. The Auro Ear Drops contain a 6.5% percentage of carbamide peroxide (same strength as GoSmile), while GlyOxide contains a 10% percentage (just slightly less than the percentage contained in Crest White Strips). If you have ever used those Crest White Strips, you'll find that this technique is much more convenient than having to sit around with those strips on your teeth for an hour per day. Even if you have had your teeth professionally whitened by the dentist, you can use either the ear drops or Gly Oxide every day, once per day, to maintain your results.

HOW TO USE IT:
Brush teeth with desired toothpaste as normal, then spit and rinse your mouth and/or toothbrush. Squeeze 4-5 drops of either Auro ear drops of Gly Oxide onto toothbrush and brush teeth just like you would with toothpaste, concentrating on your "smile" teeth (the ones in your mouth that appear when you smile). Hold the mixture in your mouth for 1 1/2-2 minutes or as long as you can stand (don't worry, it doesn't taste bad!).

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
There are several different brands of ear wax removal drops, including Auro and Murine. You will find these products in the eye/ear care section (with the Visine eye drops and contact lens solution items) at your local pharmacy or supermarket. Look for "Ear Wax Removal" drops and check the label for the active ingredient "6.5% Carbamide Peroxide" (note: you do NOT want to buy "Swimmer's Ear" products as they are most definitely not the same thing!). Gly Oxide will be located in the oral hygiene aisle of your supermarket or pharmacy, along with the toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash items.
WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL WORK:
Click on these links to read "testimonials" and other helpful info from Essential Day Spa (EDS) Forum members who have tried these products and experienced whiter, brighter teeth: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&highlight=auro+ear+drops , http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6026&highlight=auro and http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5662&highlight=auro

For the record, as of right now I'm actually using the Gly Oxide rather than the ear drops to whiten my teeth, but I have used both and either one will work. Some folks are a bit squeamish about putting ear drops in their mouths, even though the ingredients are nothing more than carbamide peroxide, glycerin and mint flavoring (don't ask me!), so if you're one of those than the Gly Oxide might be a better bet. Neither one will irritate your lips because you're not leaving it on your teeth for 30 minutes or longer every time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Toe - would you please post the list of ingredients in your Dr. Lipp Nipple Cream because I want to see if it’s similar to the Udderly Smooth stuff or the PurLan that HappyHippie mentioned. Dr. Lipp isn’t available over here so I want to know if it’s something I absolutely must obtain at any cost, or if the ingredients are so close to Udderly Smooth PurLan that I don’t need to bother.

TIA!
Carrie

Don't bother purchasing it, Carrie. The only ingredient listed is 100% Ultrapure Medical Grade Lanolin. Nothing special about that. It would be cheaper and more convenient to just get a regular tube/jar of lanolin from the health food store.
I don't think I will be buying another tube of Dr Lipp. £11 for a tube of lanolin. Ridiculous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I really like the texture of the Purelan 100 brand...if you can't find it in a store (I've seen it in Wild Oats & Babies r us...it's usually next to breast-pumps in drug-stores) then consider ordering a tube online. It's really cheap for a huge tube... one and one-third oz. tube is like $6! If you end up getting the Lanolin at a health-food store, let us know how you like the consistency. Purelan is like a creamy gel- it's great because you can put a thicker layer on your lips to give a lip-gloss look...all natural! Love it!

Ps. Carecate- I'm sure you can experiment with the Lanolin and add some essential oils to make exciting home-made lip-balms/glosses. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Carecate- I know you get your HA supplement from iHerb.com...they have pure natural Lanolin 5oz. for $3.89! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
Carecate- I know you get your HA supplement from iHerb.com...they have pure natural Lanolin 5oz. for $3.89! Very Happy
Oooh, that's excellent news b/c I'm just about to order more HA/collagen supplements so I'll adding the lanolin to my shopping cart for sure -- thanks! Of course, I'd really love to have the Dr. Lipp Nipple Cream just because I'm perverse and like to see the raised eyebrows when I use a product for a purpose other than for which it is intended Razz I know I'd get some strange looks if I whipped out a tube of nipple cream in a business meeting some morning! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
You should take the Butt Paste to work and whip that out in a meeting and start spreading it all over your lips. That would get you noticed! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |