Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
WOW dicovered BEST lipbalm!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
But I can't leave it in my car! It's not all waxy so the thing melts away to nothing if you abandon it.
In TX, you can't leave ANY lip balm in the car -- even in the winter time! Even the lip balms in stick form will melt and leak and make one helluva mess on one's brand new leather upholstery...as I discovered to my eternal sorrow after misplacing a stick of Carmex mint lip balm in my (then brand new) Cougar.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:32 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
In TX, you can't leave ANY lip balm in the car -- even in the winter time! Even the lip balms in stick form will melt and leak and make one helluva mess on one's brand new leather upholstery...as I discovered to my eternal sorrow after misplacing a stick of Carmex mint lip balm in my (then brand new) Cougar.

I have the same problem here for most of the year and have had to buy a special tube just for the car Smile I bought one of those squeezy tubey things of Carmex. No leaks, though I am not sure how good it is for Carmex to be exposed to high temps all the time....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but is Tiger Balm safe to use on lips?
I wouldn't, but that's because I get those nasty lip-cracks from using products with peppermint and/or camphor near my mouth (if memory serves me right, those are a couple of the ingredients in Tiger Balm)....

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Since you seem to be a fan of “drugstore” lip balms, check out my 99¢ fave from Walgreens called “Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm.” It comes in a bright yellow tube and you can usually find it in a bucket one the bottom shelf in the skin care/body lotions aisle. This has quickly become my favorite “el cheapo” lip balm and I keep tubes of it everywhere (home, car, office, friends’ homes, other places I frequent).

For the record, the ingredients for the Cococare lip balm are: petroleum, C18-36 acid triglyceride, C18-26 acid glycol ester, cocoa butter, aloe vera extract, fragrance, proplyparaben and butylparaben.

So far, this is the best “bargain buy” lip balm that I have tried!
Thanks for the suggestion.Laughing I'll pick some up. The recent ones I bought work well, but I think the older ones, actually, are better for intense healing. The newer ones are good to keep lips healed, and they feel good. When I was in college, I used ones with camphor, and realized years later they made things worse by drying my lips more.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Before I had my son and breastfed I found myself reacting to lanolin as well. I would get itchy and red from it. After my son was born I received a sample of Lansino sp? in the hospital (Medela makes a good one too) and oh my, relief for chapped nipples while getting the hang of breastfeeding, I was desperate for relief, my known reaction to lanolin didn't matter, the nurse said it was soothing and safe for my son and I'm glad I tried it. I use it on my little guy's nose now when he has a cold. The difference is it has to be medical grade, essentially food grade, it's pure enough for a newborn to digest. There is no odour and I do not react to it one bit. I find it in the breast pump section at the drug store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
what exactly is lanolin a derivitive of? It is an ingredient to many lipbalms on the market I think. But do you think it is best in its purest form? Since we are on the note of lipbalms, I would like to recommend Bigelow's (comes in a green tube and comes in clear or a tinted hue)... it's minty, sweet, super glossy and has a great consistency.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
power1080 wrote:
what exactly is lanolin a derivitive of?
It comes from sheep. I think it is the substance between their skin and the wool. For those of us animal-lovers, the sheep isn't harmed from "harvesting" the lanolin, I think they do it at the same time that they shear the sheeps of their wool...? Can one of our Aussie or Kiwi members jump in here and supplement my reply?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Whenever i buy Dr. Hauschka products from EDS i get a free Dr. H chapstick, and it works great. The smell isnt the sweetest, but it sure leaves my lips feeling silky smooth afterwards

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I just got the Bath and Body Works Minty lip balm and I really like it. Do you girls have any comments on it?
raine
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
the best lipbalm i've tried has got to be kiehl's lipbalm #1.
mcyi4yy2
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
vaseline is quite good and really cheap. I would try creme de la mar's lip balm when i've got a wrap of 35 pounds.
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
raine wrote:
the best lipbalm i've tried has got to be kiehl's lipbalm #1.

Raine, I totally agree. I went to get the Kiehl's lipbalm. I got the one with the pinkish shade and it's excellent. Thanks for your recommendation.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |