Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

No effect from vit. C?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Vivier 10%-Serum for three months now, but I haven't really seen any changes in my skin. Is it possible that I am immune, or does it take even longer for any visible results to show? I must mention that my skin was in pretty good condition to start with; not much sun damage (thank you, Norway!), not many lines etc.

What should I do? Stick with it? Quit? Or should I move up a step to the Serum 20 next time.

I have dry skin, and haven't had any problems with the serum drying my skin out, so I'd like to stick to Vivier.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nemi,

First of all, what type of results are you expecting? The only results that I saw in my case (being in more or less the same boat as you) is improved clarity of the skin and improved texture. I saw those results pretty quickly. You could try a higher concentration - but have you considered that maybe your skin is just looking great at this stage and you may not have any visible results (though you are still getting the benefit of vit C protection)? Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Well, of course I expected a pure transformation! Laughing
No, seriously, I didn't have any serious skin issues to start with; maybe I would like my skintone to be more fresh, that is, that I would look good even without blush on, but maybe that's too much to expect.

I had also read about "plumping effects" from Vitamin C, but my skin has never been less dry; it's close to normal now. Aha! Maybe that's a result Idea

The last two years, I have been using glycolic acids to keep flaking at bay, but I've stopped, more or less. I haven't even gotten back the painful cysts that I could sometimes get on my chin. But that's probably due to a change in birth control pills, to the new Cerazette which doesn't contain any oestrogen.

So the bottom line is, I guess: I'll use up this bottle, and then try out the 20%, or another of the Vivier serums, isn't there one with Kinetin in addition to vit. C?

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Ah yes, I'd like to look good without blush on as well - though I'm just simply too pale for that! Smile

It's interesting (but good!) that you found your skin to be less dry with the use of vitamin C serums. I think that might be specific to the Vivier one because I find that my skin is drier when I use the Cellex-C serum (that I'm using at the moment). It's not dry but it's drier than usual.

The 20% Vivier serum is very nice. I've been wanting to try the Kinetin one as well - maybe I should get that next. I'm trying to figure out what to get now so I don't run out of C serum and have to make an emergency EDS order later on....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:54 am      Reply with quote
A bit OT, but:

Apropos paleness (if you don't like it): Clarins has a very nice selftanner for the face. It's a milk, the effect is very light and natural, and it never gets yellow. It doesn't smell as strongly as many selftanners, and it doesn't dry skin out. It's relatively new on the market, and its name is Liquid Bronze/Eau Lactée. At least I'm very happy with it. Very Happy

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
It's relatively new on the market, and its name is Liquid Bronze/Eau Lactée. At least I'm very happy with it. Very Happy

Thanks Nemi - I'll have to try this one. I've got their Radiance-Plus tanning moisturiser (the daily-use one) but I really don't like the smell of it and find the texture a bit heavy for me right now... Have you tried that one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Radiance-thing, but the Liquid Bronze ist really light in texture; more like a milk, and it sinks right into skin. It's the perfect selftanner, IMHO. Very Happy

(and you don't risk ending up like a selftan victim)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Any other thoughts on the topic? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Nemi!

I know I have said this before on the board, so for those who have already read what I'm about to say, please pardon the repetition. (But it bears repeating!)

With regard to Vitamin C serums, I get what others may likely consider the nothing, lame, why-bother sort of results. The way I look at it, using this serum has preventative, proactive measures regarding sun exposure. Essentially, it "empowers" the sunscreen you (hopefully!) already use, increasing its protection exponentially. For now, you'll see nothing; however, later, you will be wearing a smug expression and patting yourself on the back for sticking with it. You will see!

But the following also must be said: Vitamin C serums (for me at least) introduce warmth to the skin - a glow if you will, even evening out the complexion in many cases - thus altogether eradicating any need for face makeup! Dare I say the skin looks so vibrant that it even makes eye makeup optional. I look in the mirror the morning after application and it almost appears as if I have a very light tan, which lasts for the next couple of days until my next application. (The irony of what I've actually done to my skin by using C E Ferulic! Far from the damage a tan provides.) Since I use this serum from the waist up, the effect is all over. In the summer months, I just use sunscreen and self-tanners, and the effect of Vitamin C alone is practically comparable.

So, my point is (and I do have one! Laughing): please stick with your Vitamin C serum. It is a lovely product that does (and will do) an extraordinary amount for you in the years to come. If you feel you should graduate to 20% and can take the higher potency, by all means! Please keep us all posted.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I like the future protection aspect Very Happy And since people tend to think I'm 5-10 years younger than I am, maybe it DOES help to treat your skin well? (I am of course using SPF, although at the present, I don't get ANY UV-exposure at all, and that's not a joke Sad )My approach to skincare is that less is more, i.e. protection is better than prevention. But only time will show if I'm right.

I'll keep you updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
My first ever Vit C serum was Skinceuticals Serum 10 which took me about 3 months to use up. I was forewarned by this forum that results take a while so I wasn't expecting much. I began to see increased (but not dramtic) radiance and evenness of tone at the 2-month mark and then no noticeable improvement after that. Then, just as I was finishing up the bottle my skin took such a big turn for the better I thought I was dreaming! With the stability issue of vit C products I had been wondering why most companies don't offer 15 ml portions, and I now suspect this is why - visible results show up only after you've used quite a bit of the product.

Re self-tanning, I read at biochemistryofbeauty.com forum that self-tanning the night before gives you and additional SPF 4 the next day. Not much, but every little bit helps so its still an incentive Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
LOL CrazySkin, I have heard that, yes! In the summer, I only apply at night simply because morning application makes applying sunscreen afterwards a bit ... eh. Too complicated. So, my preference is to apply a hour or more before hitting the sack, and it's nice to wake up the following morning a bit bronzed.

But now that seasons are changing, while shopping I am more exposed to gorgeous jewel tones like deep sapphire, emerald, ruby, citrine yellow, quartz purple ... I'm soenthusiastic about contining with the glycolic and Vitamin C serums since these colors look so stunning with fair skin. I'm sure there are other fashionistas on this board who know what I mean. Very Happy
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've never actually used self-tanner on my face but I start using it on my legs when summer is approaching. I wear mostly pants in the colder months so my legs are very pale. When my legs catch up I'll consider doing my face too Laughing

Yes, the fall fashion colors are gorgeous! I see a lot of teals, amethysts, deep reds in the stores. A lot of the new clothing is executed in velvets and brocades the rich colors pop up even more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
The Clarins Liquid Bronze is wonderful! Gives more colour than the Radiance-Plus, but still fairly light and natural, and definitely no dreaded orange!

I can never successfully fake tan my legs, so I end up using that Air Stocking spray instead. That's amazing (but messy) stuff.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the Vivier 10% as well, and at first was like hmmmm what is all the fuss about??? It's been about 3 months now, and for the last few weeks I must say my skin has been looking gorgeous... I could nearly go without makeup. Nearly. Laughing Some days I just use a little concealer under my eyes, blush and mascara, which was previously unheard of for me (I didnt like to go out without my face on! Laughing )

I dont really know the best way to describe the effects - my skin is less blotchy, more even toned and just brighter in general. Mind you, I dont contribute this all to the Vit C - the rest of my skincare routine is definately helping, but the Vit C is a keeper. When this bottle runs out, I'm either going to try the Vivier 20% or give the PSF one a go.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |