Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melissajane
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

After reading all your posts about vitamin c serum i really want to try it but im not sure which one to use. Can anyone give me a clue as to which one is the best?
Thanks,
Melissa.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
What type of skin do you have?

5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry i should have mentioned that!
I have a pale complexion with hormonal pimples around my jawline and neck.I have some old scars from previous acne. Not really dry or oily but a mixture of both. I prefer to use only natural skincare.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with 10-12%. Vivier, PSF, Cellular Skin RX are more moisturizing. Skin Ceuticals and Cellex C are more drying.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I learned that wearing Vit.C products (such as serum) should be followed by a sun cream on top because Vit.C would encourage your skin to absorb more sun. Without wearing a sun cream on top, the Vit.C product could not whiten skin but darken it instead.

I wonder if this is true because I received a Skin Ceuticals C+E serum sample but am hesitate to use it because I don't wear sunscreen everyday.

Hope to hear your advice. Thanks.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think regardless whether you use Vit C or not you should be wearing sunscreen daily. From what I know Vit C complements sunscreen because Vit C is photoprotective - it neutralizes free radicals from UV rays.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
skinceuticals c + e ferulic is actually quite moisturizing and offers the most protection from the skinceuticals range. i use it and love it. try to get sample vials before investing in the full bottle as it will make quite a dent in your account.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
My favourite C serum is ISC Super Serum. I also like SkinCeuticals but not as much. Did not like PSF.
jwong95
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I started trying SkinCeuticals (the c+e ferulic, B5 and the 30 SPF sunscreen) since yesterday. No breakout, and seems that my skin likes them all.

My beauty salon offers the c+e ferulic and B5 (each in 60ml bottle) at HK$1,800 (around US$230) altogether. Is it a good price?
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is Vitamin C serum suitable for sensitive skin type?

I am eager to try but the dermatoglogist at Dermatologica advised me not to use any Vitamin C due to my sensitive skin type. But, I do hope to use it as it promotes collagen and stimulates cell renewal.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
handsbella I will not make a general statement here but I have very sensitive skin and have been using IS Clincal Proheal serum which has 15% ascorbic acid and have not experienced any irritation from it! I tried a sample of the Vivier 10% Vitamin C serum and did experince some itching and irritation. I think this was due to other ingredients in the Vivier serum and not the vitamin C itself.

I would get some samples and give it a try. I did this and was actually expecting to have a bad reaction but never did! The benefits of C serums are worth giving it a try. HTH
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I hate to start a new thread for this question so I'll just plug it in this Vit-C thread.

I make my own Vit-C serum. It's starting to turn a tad yellow. I've probably had it for about 3-4 months since I made it. Does that mean it's not as effective now? If so should I throw it out and make a new batch?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Time to make a new batch! Yellowing/amber/brown color is an indication that your C has oxidized and become PRO-radical formation instead of ANTI-oxidant.

By the way, in this thread someone mentioned that C makes your skin "soak up more sun". This is not true at all. C limits melanin production so skin does not produce dark spots, age spots, etc.

As for C recs: Vivier, Cellular Skin Rx, PSF, Janson Beckett all have good ones and all are carried on the EDS site as well.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
I would start with 10-12%. Vivier, PSF, Cellular Skin RX are more moisturizing. Skin Ceuticals and Cellex C are more drying.

i am using cellex c, no wonder my skin is drying!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:

I agree but I personally found that Skinceuticals Ferulic made me break out and they were uncontrolable.
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know which is better, 20% Vit.C or 15% Vit.C with Vit E + F? It is Vit E has stronger power to antioxygent. But is 205 Vit.C better to boots collagen?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz)