Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hollywood glow...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Awww Lolli, your links don't work!

I was professionally made up for a photo shoot a few years back and although I looked amazing in the photos, in real life and close up, I looked creepy!

So much is not just in the photography (JLo made them work on her shots for her perfume in photoshop for 6 months!), but also in piling on the make up and yep, airbrushed make-up does look better, but you still see it close up unless it's very sheer.

Oh man, they work for me, which is odd because they usually don't, especially from a different computer than I posted them with. I will try to post them directly in the thread instead. I'm also going to find a photo of her looking really nice before she fired Scott for comparison.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
I can't believe the luck! I've been sick (see other post entitled "Quick fix for tired face") and I decided to treat myself to a trip to the MAC kiosk at Filene's, thanks to all of the MAC fans on this forum. WELL.... I had a full make-up application and low and behold, in a very every-day natural way, I GOT THE GLOW!! All I told the gentleman (now an angel, in my book) was "I want a make-up routine for every day and I want a dew-like appearance, not matte." And he created the look I've been striving for for years! It was good to know that I was on the right track with colors, but the quality of MAC and the right application brushes make all the difference. I wish I felt better because I'd find every excuse to strut around like a peacock. (Parenthetically, the under-eye concealer has been on for 4 hours and it has not yet climbed into my fine lines - which was another post of mine a little while back). I bought the whole she-bang. $350 is worth it. All the Aveda, Bibo, etc. etc. etc... went in the trash. If I didn't need a nap, I'd type the product list. I'll try to get the energy later. At least I feel pretty while sick.

Yay, LandB! Now, you have to give us a completely detailed list of everything you got! Details, details!!! Very Happy I love MAC more and more with each and every thing I try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yep I guess those omega 3-6-9 or flaxseed oil supplements have the same benefits. But how much is enough then? I mean how much mg a day? Anyway, thanks! Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I remember one of those nutrition classes mentioned that we don't get enoug of the omega-3, but all the rest we get enough of or even too much from normal oils and fats and eggs. THe type-3 is usually found in deep sea fish.

Can't remember the RDI though Rolling Eyes
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
Yay, LandB! Now, you have to give us a completely detailed list of everything you got! Details, details!!! Very Happy I love MAC more and more with each and every thing I try.

Okay, I woke up from a nap feeling moderately energized.

Now, I ain't no J Lo, don't get me wrong, but the color palate and overall look of the second before-Scott picture in Lolli's post is what the "angel" created for me at the MAC kiosk today. Come to think about it, we did chat about J Lo at one point.... hmm.... (after chatting about the fall of Versace after Gianni's death and how much I want a Pucci bag.... but I digress....)

Here it is!

Face:

Studio finish concealer SPF 35 (shade C25).

Select SPF 15 Moistureblend Foundation (shade NC25). (I don't usually wear foundation but this feels light and nourishing.)

Enriched bronze bronzing powder.

Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Sunbasque.

Eyes:

Brow crayon in Lingering.

Base for eyeshadow - Shimmersand Shadestick.

Eyeshadows:
crease - Paradisco
inner lid - All that Glitters
outer lid - Mystery
(To vamp it up, he recommended Twinks Veluxe Pearl on the outer lid)

Mascara: Pro Longlash in Burnt Umber.

Lips:

SPF 15 conditioner stick.

Cremestick Lipstick Liner in Cream O' Spice, and, FINALLY

Lustreglass lip gloss in Wonder Struck.

I love this stuff so much I bought a new cosmetics case. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the details, LandB! Smile It sounds heavenly! Sorry for the pressure to post the list, I just reread your back-from-the-angel-at-MAC post where you mention you needed a nap or you post the list. Hope you are feeling better soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I must be really out of the makeup link because I think JLo's skin really looks great in the last photo other than the reverse racoon eyes. I'm not talking about colors, etc, just skin. I also love the first photo. The other "before" pic looks to me like she slept in her makeup! I guess it's a good thing I try not to wear much makeup nowadays. Smile

-Cheri
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it's mainly the major around the eye concealer that gets me and the bubblegum lipstick in the first two. I think that phots where she looks like she slept in her makeup is resized to fit the page so she looks a little mottled. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Lolli - no pressure at all. It helped me review the application suggestions as I typed along. Plus, my closest friend is out of town, my other friends don't wear make-up (especially the men Very Happy ), and my mother (who forgets that I'm an adult...) would have snitted about how I should have stayed in bed with my cold.... so who else could I have shared the details with?!!?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Quote:
I have used Revlon Skinlights....I have tried a couple of them...warm light...peach...etc. It has a very heavy texture...oily I guess is a better word. I was putting it all over my face after moisturizer but uder foundation and it was too oily (I have combo skin). I use it now by applying it to my cheeks with a foundation brush after my make up is finished...I just dab a little on cheek bones,brow bones and bridge of my nose. You get a lot for your money because I have had it for about 8 months and I'm not even 1/2 the way through the tube. I have used it mixed with moisterizer on my legs/arms/chest...nice stuff...not too expensive...I give it a thumbs up. I have also used a powder by Perscriptives...cant remember the name...it is also nice if you dont want the oilyness...it is more expensive but it also lasts a long time.

I'm gonna try this! I have a tube at home that just didn't work well on my face. I like the idea of mixing it with moisturizer for legs, arms and chest. Thanks for sharing this, Olivia!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I saw this on the following page under the heading of Satin Perfect Skin - http://www.spacenk.co.uk/SpaceNK/Lifestyle/LooksAndTips/makeup.html:

This season, everything starts with immaculate skin. But what may not come naturally can be created with the right products. For long lasting makeup, start with Laura Mercier Primer as a base, followed with Chantecaille Real Skin - a sheer foundation that blurs out the bad bits whilst letting your skin show through. Press Nars Powder Foundation down the centre of the face and then lightly dust cheeks with a delicate cheek shade such as Nars Blush in Orgasm. Finish with a single coating of mascara to the eyelashes for definition, and an understated, neutral lip colour. Here we used Chantecaille Lipstick in Flax.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I do get strangers & co-workers tell me that I have a nice glow on my skin. This is how I did it. First, I see a dermotologist for my past acne problem.
I'm very high maintence and proud of my skin.
I get regular microdermabrason.
I use Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil (and I really think that is the celebs secret) this thing is so amazing!!!
Sometimes I do switch skincare name brands but I always go back to Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil because that is the only skin care that gives me a glow (even when my acne comes back sometimes)

You have no idea how many times I get positive comments on my skin. I really think you have to be very high maintence to get that glow and use Omega 3 oil.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I do get strangers & co-workers tell me that I have a nice glow on my skin. This is how I did it. First, I see a dermotologist for my past acne problem.
I'm very high maintence and proud of my skin.
I get regular microdermabrason.
I use Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil (and I really think that is the celebs secret) this thing is so amazing!!!
Sometimes I do switch skincare name brands but I always go back to Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil because that is the only skin care that gives me a glow (even when my acne comes back sometimes)

You have no idea how many times I get positive comments on my skin. I really think you have to be very high maintence to get that glow and use Omega 3 oil.

Hi! Sounds like you have beautiful skin. I've never used any of the Sonya Dakar products, but your post prompted me to visit the website. Looks like there are several Omega 3 products. Which one do you use? Also do you use anything else from the line?

-Cheri
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Predd4! Very Happy

The first one I tried is the acne one, now I am using the scarring one. I will go back to acne for June/July because it is very humid in the summer.

Also, do some reasearch in this forum...select Search and type Sonya Dakar to get other people comments.

It really works for me.

Please PM me and let me know what you have deceided and what are you using.

Bye! Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for your other question...I have Green Tea mask and it last a very long time.

Just to let you know that the Omega 3 can last 3 months for me. I learned the hard way that less is more.

I tried their scrub and liked it but I use Baking Soda and Cetaphil instead. I spend a lot of money on eye creams.
I plan to order the Drying Potion.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare, so any Omega 3 will work the same or do I specifically have to get Sonya Dakar? Btw, which eye cream do you use? What do you recommend for dark circles, dehydration fine lines and puffiness for the eyes? I don't want those that're too greasy cuz I'm afraid I'll get those bumps on my eyes area. Thanks! Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
With Sonya Dakar, she has other ingrediants in there. Search in Google for her web site. Just type Sonya Dakar and you should not have any problems finding her website.

I really like the glow look it gives and I believe this is what celebrities are using and a good diet with excersize.

I have been using Omege 3 for one year now. If I get breakouts now (which I am) I know it is not the Omega 3. I found out that I was not eating enough fish (which is true, because all summer I did not eat any fish and my acne came back at the end of the summer). So now I'm back to having fish in my diet and it has been two weeks, and noticed my skin is getting better.

Please keep in touch! Very Happy
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I dug up this old thread because I don't want to start another one on the same topic: how to get that glow!

Okay I was looking up Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder and Secret Finisher, as well as Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick compacts (pink, peony, brownie, rose, beige, apricot, bronze and gold!)

Those who use these please give details!!! TIA Smile
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think good skincare + diet is an essential element to looking nice and glowy in real life (though being of a certain age helps--have you noticed women out of their twenties seem to lose a certain luminosity in their skin?)

But good cosmetics can help. Good highlighters and concealers are key. I really like the Becca pressed shimmer powders dusted lightly in a "c" pattern from the tops of your cheekbones, up to your temples, bridge of nose, chin and browbones. The shimmer particles will produce a beautiful sheen on your skin if they are fine enough, especially from a slight distance. I also like Revlon Skinlights liquid luminizer too, but only very sparingly. "Bare Light" is a great, peachy-golden color. But there are tons of highlighting products out there to look at--it really depends on your preferences in terms of texture and how strong you want the "glow" (i.e. shimmer) to be. YSL Touche Eclat is great for waking up a face subtly as well.

I've tried Laura Mercier's Secret Finish and wasn't too impressed. It's supposed to go on over your powder to take away the powdery, dry look and add a bit of sheen. But the effects are very subtle on me. I think using a setting spray works better--I love Caudalie's Grape Water. For some reason it really seems to make my skin extra-glowy, something Evian, Avene, etc. were unable to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always looking for that glow. I always think Cate Blanchett has the most ethereal glow to her.

Anyway, two products I have tried recently I have been very happy with:

1. Guerlain Meteroites Pearly Touch - Voyage Powder. I really wanted the loose multi-coloured pastel balls, but they were all sold out so I bought the next best thing. This is apparently the same product in a loose powder and it comes with a sponge applicator. When I dust it lightly over my face it gives a very nice shimmer without being over the top.

2. Prescriptives Illuminating Potion. My sister just gave me a sample of this and I really like it. Nicer than the Guerlain I think ... if you look at the Guerlain on the face you DO see some small gold specs here and there, however, with this Illuminating Potion, it's all just "glow". Plus, because it's liquid, I think it will look more natural on the skin. Lovely! I am totally going to buy a full size of this next time I get downtown.

Maybe one day I'll be able to get my "glow" naturally, but for now I need to rely on some "help". Smile
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
Well, I finally found the right place to ask this question. It's always bugged me. Have you ever noticed that when women stars attend award shows like the Emmy's or movie premiers, their faces always have this fantastic dew-like glow that they never have when you otherwise see them on TV or in Magazines? It's like their faces are shiny but it's not a greasy shiny... it's a healthy shiny. What product(s) are they USING? I wouldn't want to shine like this every day, but it would look great for a night out or a wedding. WHAT IS IT?!

I totally know what you mean! Very Happy I thought for years celebrities must be radioactive or something, because even when my makeup was done professionally, in photos I just didn't glow! I figured out how to glow more when I read Kevyn Aucoin's book, "Making Faces." There's a picture of a model Kevyn's applied contouring and highlighting powder to but hasn't blended them in yet. At the time I didn't own any contour or highlight powders yet, but played around with some eyeshadows in light brown and light shimmery pink, and suddenly I was glowing! Well, maybe not quite like a real celebrity...maybe like a minor has-been?

Still haven't found the perfect highlighting powder. Someone mentioned Becca--will have to order some! I can't seem to get any liquid or cream highlighters to work for me because they always seem to smudge my foundation and look obvious. For now I use a light beige shade of Prestige eyeshadow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've found I get the best, most natural glow from Becca's shimmer powder mentioned above. I use the loose shimmer powder (small size costs about $18 and will last you a long time) Hyawatha & Princess are my favorite shades. MAC Strobe Cream also gives a nice glow without being sparkly and can be mixed in with your foundation if you like an allover glow. What I like most about these two products is that they look natural and don't emphasize pores which was a problem I had with other highlighters. I tried one of BB's shimmerbricks and found it was way too sparkly and made my pores look huge.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Moonstarr"]

2. Prescriptives Illuminating Potion. My sister just gave me a sample of this and I really like it. Nicer than the Guerlain I think ... if you look at the Guerlain on the face you DO see some small gold specs here and there, however, with this Illuminating Potion, it's all just "glow". Plus, because it's liquid, I think it will look more natural on the skin. Lovely! I am totally going to buy a full size of this next time I get downtown.

/quote]
Confused sigh..this sounds lovely....I love Laura Mercier's secret brightener (the pen) and her brightening powder...While I'm totally committed to the powder, I think I'll give Prescriptives Illuminating Potion a try! Does it come in different tints or is it one shimmer shade?
THanks!
Pudoodles
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried Laura Geller's "Bronze N Brighten?" It always sells out in a heartbeat whenever they show it on QVC and I'm wondering what the big deal is...and whether or not it's suitable for very fair wenches like me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I have been toying with purchasing one of those 'healthy glow' products. So far I am looking into

*Revlon skinlights,
*MAC mineralize (2 are being brought out in December),
*Bare Escentuals Glee or Bare Radience,
*Tesco Barbara Daley make-up range does a good luminizer for £6
*Boots No7 illuminationg lotion is £10

So if anyone has tried any of these, I would love to hear the feedback. Very Happy

i dont know if you are still lokking at this forum but i would say dont use the skin lights foundation unless you are under 20 Smile having the highlight particles all over your face when there are a few faint lines tends to make them stand out i found. especially as the day wears on and make up naturally settles in to lined areas. i hope this helps in some way.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |