Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hollywood glow...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Confused sigh..this sounds lovely....I love Laura Mercier's secret brightener (the pen) and her brightening powder...While I'm totally committed to the powder, I think I'll give Prescriptives Illuminating Potion a try! Does it come in different tints or is it one shimmer shade?
THanks!
Pudoodles

I think it does come in different shades. Let me check the website. Okay, there are:

Deep Translucent - for darker skins
Red Neutralizer - for well, neutralizing red Laughing
Translucent - which is the sample I have

Here's the link ...

http://www.prescriptives.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY2279
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr - Which of these did you try? And are you wearing this under or over foundation or bare? I don't wear foundation at all and was wondering if you could just use this by itself. I have quite a bit of pink in my face and would love to mute it down a notch. I may have to swing by there this weekend!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Jlo is notoriously known for the Hollywood glow thanks to former m/u artist Scott Barnes. Scott has a finishing powder called diamond dust that adds sparkle/luminosity, but it's not over the top teeny bop sparkle, but very subtle. It is in a beige base w/champagne-gold flecks. I can get away with wearing it during the day w/out looking like a disco ball. He also has a product called luminizing mist that you spritz after all of your m/u is done to set it. It adds a dewey sheen. It's that dewiness, but not in a greasy way. However, one of my girlfriends is oily & can't stand the look of it. I think it's b/c she's paranoid about looking greasy & also prefers the matte look. I think the luminizing mist works much better than the Evian spray to give the dewey look b/c it adds a nice ethereal sheen, whereas the Evian just adds moisture. The combo of the diamond dust for the luminosity & luminizing mist for the dewey = fabulously jlo glowing skin. Of course jlo also uses bronzer, but I'm naturally tan & don't need any help in that dept.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I worked in Hollywood 15 years. And in NYC with celebrities 10 years before that.

It's usaully much more about makeup than health, I'm afraid. Especially with TV stars. There are all sorts of illuminating powders that give the dewy finish. It's as accessible to us as it is to them.

TV stars, especially those in hour-long episodics, just don't have the time to be high-maintenance. They are on the set for 14 hours, six days a weeks. Half-hour stars can have a sort-of life, episodic actors do not.

Movie stars are different. Basically, when they are making a movie, they have the hours episodic actors do -- often in the middle of nowhere. When they are not shooting a project, their whole job is to shop, get facials and work out. And get their pictures taken while doing it.

Quite the life, eh?

Being an employed actor with a regular gig means being over-worked, over-whelmed, over-bored (lots of "hurry up and wait" while we fix this light here). And LOTS of sleep-deprivation. Not to mention the stress of wondering if you will ever work again. Which they all do, no matter who they are. For good reason.

For the dewy look, go to the shimmer powders, shimmer bricks, highlighters, mica powders, and mineral illuminating powders. Gloss and metallics work beautifully for some, but not all.

Exercise helps put the shine in your eyes. Don't think it doesn't make a difference.

And do what you love and love what you do. Which will fill in many of the sleep-deprivation crevices. And elevate your spirit. Which will, in turn, make you glow.

hth!

:->

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I worked in the 'industry' for many years and happened to be based in LA this summer, and asked so many questions about this very thing so I could report back to you guys... Well, the answers were wholly uninteresting. They use guerlain, yon-ka, is clinical, dakar, epicuren, etc. The celebrities even sometimes use what I would consider really bad skincare lines. In fact, they mostly use whatever is given to them gratis; they are duly loaded up with La Mer at all times--it's a great marketing strategy. What makes a difference is the fact that they have procedures and treatments done constantly--the spas in la are absolutely full of celebrities day in and day out. They have private derms and makeup artists attacking all of their issues before they get dolled up for any event. I talked with one make-up artist who claimed that a certain actress has such horrible bags under her eyes, she had to make a concoction of several different eye creams just to use on her. These are people who are getting paid $5,000/day ++ in order to tend to their clients' skin.
The other thing is that these celebrities are so made up, they really don't even look at all like themselves when they are "on." I've rarely seen an actress, for example, without rows upon rows of fake eyelashes and about a million different layers of makeup and luminizer, etc. Take Eva Longoria, for instance--the woman wears a veritable mask!

I think of all the money that is sunk into mediocre celebs and it makes me sigh... Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johanssen are exceptions...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
i forgot, estee lauder 8 hour cream is VERY popular among celebs... It's basically a stew of all the ingredients left over from the petrochemical refinery process, so there you go!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Moonstarr - Which of these did you try? And are you wearing this under or over foundation or bare? I don't wear foundation at all and was wondering if you could just use this by itself. I have quite a bit of pink in my face and would love to mute it down a notch. I may have to swing by there this weekend!

I used the regular Translucent. I apply it over my foundation in the areas I want more of a "glow" (right now I'm using liquid foundation). You could use it under or over foundation and I'm pretty sure it would look great just on a bare face without any foundation.

I wonder if the red neutralizer would work nice for you? Let me know if you check it out and what you think of it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |