Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Best Pore Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud: I found the "suction" power of castor oil amazing. Prior to using OCM if someone had told me that any oil could be drying ... well ... I certainly wouldn't have believed them! Laughing

Ena I would have thought so too ... but in the spirit of "truth is stranger than fiction" ... the opposite is true. It really does a good job of sucking out "gunk" from pores ... but I count on the grapeseed oil for actual "nourishment" of the skin.

Carol ... The OCM is wonderful ... but be sure to read the threads about how to do it. It sounds like it will take far longer than it does ... but it's really worth it! My skin has never been so clear ... nor so even toned! Also you have to be aware that, like with any "new" product, your skin might go through a period of adjustment ... but if you keep up with it [and I find it very relaxing personally] then you will be amazed at how nicely it leaves your skin. The "normalizing" of my skin was a real bonus!

Yuki ... You don't have to let the DrHCC dry on your face ... but another EDS member said that she had better results when she let it dry like a mask on her face. So at night I rinse it off ... and in the morning I let it dry before rinsing it off. Very Happy

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt, can you use the oil around your eyes too? Or it'll be too oily for it? I'm just wondering how much oil do you need to mix to cleanse your face well. And does it remove makup well just by itself or do I need to use a cleanser afterwards? Thank you so much! Smile
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stardusky,

I use the oil around my eyes and on my eyelids. It removes face and eye makeup very well.

It's hard to say how much oil. The instructions that I followed initially said to put the oil in the cupped palm of your hand ... which I found to be too much oil all at once. Now I just squeeze [I keep my oil mixture in a squeeze bottle] some oil onto my fingers and work it in, and keep adding oil if necessary to make it slick enough to massage without pulling the skin. You get a feeling for it after a while ... and the massaging is very relaxing. Laughing

The skin absorbs some of the oil when you put it on.

I also use a face steamer in the PM. I put the oil on and massage while the steamer is heating up. Then I steam for about 3 minutes and then I massage some more before using a warm-to-hot washcloth to gently remove the excess oil.

Once all the residual oil is removed my face is perfectly clean. [I use white washcloths to remove the oil, and ensure that all traces of makeup and mascara is removed].

No other cleanser is necessary, but I do use DHCC after this.

DHCC, despite it's name isn't so much of a "cleanser" as a pore treatment ... and it's not intended to remove makeup etc. So after I thoroughly cleanse with OCM, I treat the "stubborn pore" area with DHCC.

Then I tone ... and do the rest of my routine.

The OCM is truly amazing ... leaves my skin lovely and soft ... not oily at all.

It only took 2 months to change from oily skin to "normal" skin.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I've used a variety of skincare lines over the years, had regular professional facials, done glycolic peels, etc. I've come across lots of products and procedures that improved my skin, but nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - yielded the results that I got from IS Clinical. The Active Serum followed by Hydra Cool as a pm routine has been absolutely awesome. I've posted alot of stuff about the great results I've gotten, but the one that has been most startling for me is the fact that my skin is almost poreless now. Never in a million years would I have anticipated THAT. I loveeee it !!!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi yuki Smile Congrats on your EDS purchase, they're great products! As for the lack of immediate results, there are many reasons this could happen. First of all, we are all unique so our reaction to the same products will vary. But hang in there, your products have been used successfully by many forum members. Second, skin being living matter needs to adjust to any new product you introduce. Third, I read somewhere that much of the difference in results is due to the difference in how products are used.

Focusing now on the third factor:
How have you been using the Dr H CC? Are you using the recommended "press and roll" method? You *don't* have to let this dry on your face before rinsing but some prefer to use it that way.

Do you apply Decleor EB right after Dr H CC? I think you have been using the EB correctly by taking a small amount, warming with your fingertips and then pressing it on your face.

Re the aspirin mask, the texture is like you have described if the tabs are dissolved in water. I find that using aloe vera gel (as pure as you can find) instead results in a "creamier", less gritty texture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Everybody has different skin and different methods work... personally, I can never use oil on my face- it makes me break out and makes my pores look huge. My pores have minimized in size dramatically... for refining my pores, I use:

Dermalogica Microfoilant

Tea tree essential oil (a few drops rubbed in my skin- VERY strong, not for sensitive skin)

and Bioelements Quick Refiner (this is my jewel, nothing has refined my pores as much as this wonder-gel)

Very Happy Very Happy
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Happyhippie,

I know I would have said the same as you a couple of years ago regarding oil on my skin. I would have thought it would make me break out.

If I simply put oil onto my skin and left it there, I'm sure that would be the result too ... but OCM is quite different.

Have you ever tried the Oil Cleansing Method as it's meant to be done?

On the other hand ... it's so true that everyone's skin is different and responds differently to products. Confused I suppose that a given skin problem can, in fact, have different causes in different people.

I had HUGE pores ... and continuing adult acne until I began using OCM properly and regularly. At 54, that was pretty depressing. Mad

My skin tends to break out because of too many other ingredients in commercial preparations. Laughing My skin seems to like "simple" over "complex" and I suspect that it's the preservatives and/or emulsifiers in the commercial products that are actually the culprits. It doesn't even seem to matter if the product is expensive or cheap either! Sad Sad because I adore the look of skin care products and their packaging. Laughing

However, I also like the drastic improvement in my skin ... so much of an improvement that friends actually comment about it. Even my hair stylist [a young 23 year old slip of a thing] has noticed how much clearer and brighter my skin is. So who am I to argue with success? Laughing

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I tried OCM...but with no luck. I found that keeping my pores super-clean and tightening them with Glycolic acid/Aha's have helped me the best. I forgot to mention my favorite toner- Caudalie Beauty Elixir...when I use it my skin looks perfect! But it's soooo expensive. I think it depends on your age too...my skin is still producing alot of oil and I live in a humid climate on top of that, so I'm really amazed with the products I use, because my skin keeps matte all day long (I use JI pressed powder during the day) Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hpjrt for your reply.
So basically u just put some castor oil onto your hand and some other oil onto your hand, then massage it over your face? Don't u have to mix the two first? Do you think it's possible that I mixed the two oils already in a bottle, so that I don't have to do it everytime?

Also I heard that some ppl might break out badly from it...is that true? Anyway, I might still give it a try and see. So u actually see black/ white heads coming out from your pores? That's cool...haha
ena
5% products discount

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks hpjrt for your reply.
So basically u just put some castor oil onto your hand and some other oil onto your hand, then massage it over your face? Don't u have to mix the two first? Do you think it's possible that I mixed the two oils already in a bottle, so that I don't have to do it everytime?

Also I heard that some ppl might break out badly from it...is that true? Anyway, I might still give it a try and see. So u actually see black/ white heads coming out from your pores? That's cool...haha

I mix castor oil and olive oil in a water bottle and just pour some out in my hands when I OCM.

I had a not so minor break out when I first started OCMing. I think it's because the castor oil is purging dirt from the pores. Mine lasted about two weeks, but my skin is really clear now. And if I do happen to get a pimple, it dries out in a matter of days.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stardustdy,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I pre-mix my cleansing oils ... and then pour some onto my hands.

I can't say that I had any major "adjustment/purge" type reaction to OCM ... but I'm sure that I had a few.

It really does clean the face nicely ... and I think that the whole "method" is very relaxing. It's kind of luxurious "me time". Laughing I find that I now massage in a very slow, gentle manner ... because it feels so good!

And yes ... I really did feel "grit" when I massaged ... and when I checked ... yep ... it was a blackhead "plug".

Here's a link to a really interesting thread on the Long Hair Community [and since I have short hair I always feel such a fraud looking in there.] Laughing

I don't know whether you'll be able to see the thread without joining the community ... but joining is free.

This thread actually shows pictures before starting OCM and "after two weeks". It also gives you an idea of what to expect from the various replies.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ena and hpjrt! Very Happy

Ena: Does your face look clear now that the breakouts are gone? No more blackheads and reduced pores size? Cuz my major concerns are those nasty black/ white heads on my nose and my occasional breakouts in my tzone. I hope OCM can help. Thanks^^

Hpjrt: So after u massage the mixed oil for about 7mins, can u rinse it off with warm water? Or do u have to wash it off with a warm cloth? Can I also cleanse it one more time with a cleanser too? I still feel uncomfortable of having oil left on my face afterwards Confused I guess I'll go and get my oils this week and will post to let everyone know of my results Very Happy
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stardusty,

I know exactly how you feel ... I had similar "fears" before I began with Oil Cleansing.

After I massage ... [although I'm not sure if I actually massage for 7 whole minutes ... I think the whole procedure takes me about 7 minutes from start to finish] ... I take a wash cloth ... get it wet with warm-to-hot-ish water ... hold it over my face for a moment or two [until it begins to cool] and then begin to very gently wipe off my face.

At night ... when I'm removing makeup etc ... I use two washcloths and do the above twice ... one to completely remove the makeup [first rinse] ... and one to simply ensure that all the oil is gone [2nd rinse].

There isn't a trace of oil left on my face after I've rinsed a couple of times ... and there shouldn't be.

What you see when this is finished is a glowing face that's soft and clean.

You could then use a detergent based cleanser ... but you would be defeating the benefits of OCM.

You could, however, use DHCC after OCM ... to help give those pores an additional cleaning. It's not necessary but it's certainly an option.

A certain amount of the oils will have been absorbed into your skin ... and the rest of the oils have been rinsed off ... taking with them the dirt, grime, makeup etc.

The point of using the wash cloth is to open your pores slightly ... so that all the gunk that's in them [if you have congested pores] can be swept away with the oil.

The only way you could simply "rinse" your face without the cloth would be to add an emulsifier to your oil mixture which would then bind with the water and rinse clean. There are certainly recipes for that sort of cleansing oil as well.

I let my face "air dry" ... and then tone ... then put on my Vitamin C serum, letting it air dry ... and then follow up with my DermaExcel 7 ... and that's it. So far, I haven't had to put on a moisturizer at night ...

In the morning, my face still feels soft and lovely ... and not the least bit oily. Initially, it probably felt a little bit oily as it took a couple of months before my skin "normalized" ... but bear in mind that technically I have very oily skin ... I used to joke that Gulf Oil had an option on my face. Laughing

So ... if it worked for me ... I'm sure it will work for you too ... or I hope it does.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hpjrt!
I have combination skin. Tzone is a bit oily and other areas are fine sometimes dry. Anyway, I'll surely give your method a try and keep you updated. Thanks Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Here's a link to a really interesting thread on the Long Hair Community [and since I have short hair I always feel such a fraud looking in there.] Laughing

I don't know whether you'll be able to see the thread without joining the community ... but joining is free.
Yeah, you have to join. I, too, fraudulently signed up to get a membership in LHC. The longest strand of hair on my head is maybe 3 inches long -- remember, I wear mine cut in the very-short Halle Berry 'do! -- so I'm lying through my teeth, saying my hair was 39 inches long with a such-and-such curl pattern. I'm just thankful they don't make you provide a photograph as proof or something when you register 'cuz they'd have kicked my butt straight out of the club!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I disppeared for a couple weeks.
got too busy with work and school.

But the good news is i finally received my order from the personal formulator. woohoo! Bad Grin

I am ready to start my first batch of OCM, ACV, and Vit -C serum.

So, i've been using the Dr. H CC for the past couple weeks (not the homemade version, the one i purchased from ESD) I use it twice a day as instructed, and hope I did apply it with the correct techique hopefully(crazyskin, I don't really know if my way of press and roll is the correct way, i wish there's a video clip online that i can reference to).
I can't tell if my pores are cleaner Embarassed Brick wall because i still see the black stuff inside the pore, now that could be my facial hair? since i have dark hair. I really don't know, i feel really stupid as I type this.

One thing i did notice is that my skin is getting less shine, and even appear to be a little dry now. Not sure if it's from the Decleor baume essential that i have been using every night or is it from the Dr.HCC?
And the dry patch appears to be inbetween my eyebrows??? I do not know why, maybe I alway miss the spot when i apply the essential balm.
Anyway, so tonight i didn't use Dr.HCC, and made sure I moisturized the dry area with essential balm. and will see if it's any better tomorrow.

Now, other questions regarding the OCM, Vit-c and ACV i'm about to make.
1. OCM - I didn't see EVOO on theperonalformulator website, so i adopt Mary's receipe (thanks Mary) with grapeseed oil. Thinking about doing 50/50, add a couple drops of jojoba oil.
Do you ladies clean your face before shower?
if so, when you shampoo your hair, wouldn't your face get dirty again, and thus need another facial cleaning?

2. ACV toner- do i apply this after OCM and b4 Dr.HCC? or after OCM and Dr.HCC
3. vit-c serum - can i use this with my Decleor essential balm? before or after the balm?

Last comment, you ladies are bad, (but in a good way though Wink anything for a clear glowing skin, right? Very Happy )I have spent $500+ since I came across this forum a few weeks ago, from makeup to perfume, to skin care.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yuki Smile There used to be a video at the Dr. Huaschka website showing how to use the CC. Here is a post from another thread written by Mabsy -

Quote:
That video is no longer available on their site. There have been a few good discussions about how to use the cleansing cream though so you should be able to find these here (though there would be heaps of other Dr H CC posts to weed through). I use a pressing/rolling action - someone explained it (quite accurately) as being similar to inking a stamp on an ink pad

The dark stuff in your pores could very well be ingrown hair. If its not hair, this is most likely a good sign - when the gunk surfaces the air oxidizes it and it turns dark I get some dark spots too after using the Dr. H CC, aspirin mask or Essential Balm.

The Essential Balm has a drawing action on me, as well as a drying effect. Last summer I applied it to my entire face but the colder weather has reduced my oiliness and I now use it only on spots. I never use it for more than 2 weeks (around TTOM) in a month. Watch your skin closely and be careful that you don't get excessively dry - this could trigger overproduction of oil. HTHS

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |