Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need skincare advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I have just received my sample of Derma Excel 7 (thanks Ian)and also this morning received my Retin A cream, I have tried and tested so many products lately and this is what I have now decided to use. I need to know when to use and what order :-

AM - IS THIS CORRECT ORDER?

Vitamin C Serum

Facial Skin Prep

Alpha Derma CE

Derma Excel 7

Browtox

Sun block

PM

Renova (any others?)

Appreciate any suggestions.....
Julie
Mabsy

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I'd switch the order of the vit C and skin prep (even though I think the JB C&C bottle actually states differently...) Smile

I'm not sure about Browtox or Renova - haven't used them and don't know much about what they are.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I think the Brow Tox and Derma Excel 7 are supposed to do kind of the same thing. It might be over kill using them both at once, and then you won't really know which one, if either, is working. I would use 1 now, and then when it is gone, use the other; then compare my results and re-purchase the one that worked best. Just my opinion...

The Renova all by itself at night is right. Is this your first time using it? You might have to start slow (ie, alternating nights), depending on how you can tolerate it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
In the evening I might add a Co-Q10 toner, then a gylcolic 8% gel and last your Renova. An AHA product prior to most active skin care ingredients such as Renova actually enhances the effects by helping to transmit the ingredient through the skin layers and directly to the skin cells!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Oops, I forgot to mention that both the Renova and the gylcolic can be irritating, especially to sensitive skin, so start very gradually to give your skin a chance to get use to each product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help, I will look into getting a glycolic gel, any suggestions of a good one? I started using the renova last night for the 1st time so fingers crossed it helps my skin. I put a wee drop around my lips where I have horrible lip lines has anyone else used it here and was there any difference to the lines? I was told its ok to put it here but not actually on the lip itself. They are a wee bit nippy this morning though.....

Another question do AHA's and Retin A creams both thin your skin? Dont want to do any more damage.....
Mabsy

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Thanks for all your help, I will look into getting a glycolic gel, any suggestions of a good one?

DDF Glycolic Gel 10 and Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10 Hydrating Gel get great reviews as I found out yesterday. They're on my list of things to try. I have the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion and CSRx Age Limit Refinishing Serum and I like both Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with faith. Using BrowTox and DermaExcel 7 is too much. I have only sampled BrowTox. While it is a lovely product, IMO DermaExcel7 is so much stronger. This is the order I apply my JB products which I have been using for 1 1/2 years (DE7 new to my routine). You certainly can fine tune to your liking:

Mineral Prep
C&C (AM only)
DermaExcel 7 (deeper lines)
AlphaDermaCE

Janson Beckett advises (to the best of my knowledge) to apply DermaExcel 7 after AlphaDermaCE. The order above works best for me. The Mineral Prep should go on first as it promotes cell energy so all products applied after work best. Also remember that AlphaDermaCE has an SPF of 15. HTH
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:

Another question do AHA's and Retin A creams both thin your skin? Dont want to do any more damage.....

Over use will thin your skin. I would just start slow and allow you skin to adjust to them. I would not use them on the same day unless you have *very* resilient skin. How is it going with your Renova? Any irritation? Peeling? If not, then I think you are fine to add the AHA, every other day maybe. But if the Renova is causing irritation, I would leave it all alone for the time being, until your skin can tolerate it. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Haved used the Renova for 3 nights and feel fine with it. I have been putting it around my lips where there are deep lines and it does feel a bit tight there but I have also been using the Derma Excel 7 sample around my lips in the morning so not sure if this is making them a bit tight... Who cares as long as some good comes out of it!!! I havent bought any AHA's yet, might have a look today.. I did notice a girl selling Glycolic Avid moisturiser 10% on Ebay, would that be any good?

Also what happens to your face if the skin thins too much????
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Haved used the Renova for 3 nights and feel fine with it. I have been putting it around my lips where there are deep lines and it does feel a bit tight there but I have also been using the Derma Excel 7 sample around my lips in the morning so not sure if this is making them a bit tight... Who cares as long as some good comes out of it!!! I havent bought any AHA's yet, might have a look today.. I did notice a girl selling Glycolic Avid moisturiser 10% on Ebay, would that be any good?

Also what happens to your face if the skin thins too much????

Are you only using it around your lips? I looked at that cream, but it doesn't tell the pH. I would email the seller and ask. You want something under 4. If you thin your skin too much, I think it becomes easier to damage it; leading to more wrinkles etc... These products, when used correctly though, should increase collagen and reverse damage, so there is benefit to taking it easy and not being over zealous. That said, if you are only using the Renova on one area, I think you skin would benefit from an AHA cream used all over. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Faith

I am using Retina all over my face and around lips and the Derma 7 just on eye wrinkles and around my mouth. I have also started using Alpha Derma, Skin Prep and Vit C in the morning and really see a difference in look of my skin, seems so much smoother. Thanks for the advice I will email her and ask her the PH... ( I did notice she says this should not be used if using a Retin A cream?)

Oh one other thing I am using Olay total effects age defying face wash with exfoliating micro beads - ingredients include Salicylic Acid & Stearly alcohol amongst many other things will this be ok to use while using Renova? God this skin care stuff is hard work!

Thanks for your help....... Dont know how I managed without this site, cleanser, and a moisturiser was about the total skin care regime!! Hopefully I can turn this around and improve things over time...
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Faith

I am using Retina all over my face and around lips and the Derma 7 just on eye wrinkles and around my mouth. I have also started using Alpha Derma, Skin Prep and Vit C in the morning and really see a difference in look of my skin, seems so much smoother. Thanks for the advice I will email her and ask her the PH... ( I did notice she says this should not be used if using a Retin A cream?)

Thanks for your help....... Dont know how I managed without this site, cleanser, and a moisturiser was about the total skin care regime!! Hopefully I can turn this around and improve things over time...

Sorry, are you using Retin A or Renova. Not that it matters so much, but Renova should be less irriating. At the moment I alternate between Retin A, CPs, and a 15% cream, with a pH of 3.9. It took my skin a while to be able to handle this, and I had to add the glycolic cream slowly. I couldn't use them on the same day or my skin would be red and irritated. Give it some time. Smile It took years to do this damage, and it will take some time to repair it. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I am using Renova every 2nd night and find my skin looks fine in the morning when I put moisturiser etc on but as the day goes on it is flaky and peeling a bit... Will this always happen while using Renova or is it just till my skin gets used to it? Havent bought any Glycolic Acid yet, seller from Ebay never replied to my email re PH level so dont know if I should purchase this or not?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
No, I think it will get used to it over time, but it might take a while. I wouldn't buy from a seller that didn't take the time to respond to my emails. Just my 2 cents... Smile

5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scottishjuls

After deciding I need a skin-care product overhaul I'm kind of leaning towards the Alphaderma route. The products you're using are the same as I'm considering.

Just a couple of questions. How are you getting on with the Renova (can you get it in the UK and is it the same as Retin-a cream?).
Also, did you go for the Derma Excel 7 or Browtox? Pros and cons of either would be great.

I was using the Relax-A-Line to no avail but was wondering about the Relax-A-Line with Vialox and also the Okusil. Have you used either of these?

Oh, so many products and only one face to try them all on! hmm

Nicole
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Nicole

I think the only difference between Renova & Retin A is the Renova has a moisturiser in it to stop it being so harsh on your skin. I got mines from a clinic in England, cost around £40. If you want the phone no let me know.
I heard it can take up to six months for you to notice a difference to your skin so fingers crossed..

I have been using it alternate nights with the Glycolic Acid Moisturiser in between nights. I was flaking at first but it seems to have stopped now.

I bought Vit C and Browtox from PSF and really like them both, though not sure what difference the Browtox makes as I seem to be using so many different products. I use it around my eyes and lip lines and it does seem to paralyse them (one way to stop me talking!)

I bought Alpha Derma CE from a reputable seller on Ebay, she also sends the 5 day sample pack and Okusil Oil (havent really used much of this) (buying these 2 alone cost me £20 ish last time. The whole lot only cost me about £45 which is pretty cheap...

The 5 day sample includes the skin prep which lasted me ages as I tried to only use a wee drop at a time...

I got the Derma Excel 7 sample from Janson Beckett which seems good too though as I said not really sure whats doing what and I think they all take time to work anyway so I will just keep using them all!!!

Good luck!

Julie
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Quote:
At the moment I alternate between Retin A, CPs, and a 15% cream, with a pH of 3.9.

Hi Faith,

Would you mind sharing the name of your 15% glycolic cream? I've been using 10% for quite awhile and want to bump it up. (I always appreciate your posts....I learn from your input and feedback. Please keep sharing!!!)

thanks,

Deb
ndaist
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Julie.

Yeah, I guess using so many products does make you wonder what's doing what!

I've been checking out some sites on the web re. the retin-a/glycolic acid moisturiser. All the sites seem to suggest that you can't use these together. Is this the case or is it ok to use them alternate nights?

If all this is ok then would my skincare regime work with :

am
JB mineral prep
vit. c serum
Alphaderma ce

pm
JB mineral prep
Alphaderma CE
retin-a or glycolic acid moisturiser

If I start using the Derma Excel 7 or Browtox would this go on before the retin-a or glycolic acid moisturiser?

I've also just purchased some epidermx microdermabrasion so where would this fit in?

I think I'm getting there but my brain is now spaghetti Confused

Nicole
ndaist
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Faith

You mentioned CP's - please excuse my ignorance but what does that stand for? Is this another product I should be considering as well as the above?

Breaking news....After weeks of reading different skincare website info. woman has skin she always wanted just as her brain bursts! Laughing

The things us girls do to try and stay young! Rolling Eyes

Nicole
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Hi Faith,
Would you mind sharing the name of your 15% glycolic cream? I've been using 10% for quite awhile and want to bump it up. (I always appreciate your posts....I learn from your input and feedback. Please keep sharing!!!)
thanks,Deb

Hi Deb,

I get the 15% cream fromwww.platinumskincare.com . They also have a 30% cream, should your skin get too used the 15%. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:16 am      Reply with quote
ndaist wrote:
Faith
You mentioned CP's - please excuse my ignorance but what does that stand for? Is this another product I should be considering as well as the above? Nicole

hi Nicole,

CPs are copper peptides. You can read a lot about them onwww.skinbio.com andwww.dianayvonne.com . I am not sure if it is something you want to get into, but I am really happy I learned about them. They give me a better glow that Vit C, actually, and have help me tremendously to heal faster, as I do lots of peels. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
ndaist wrote:
Thanks Julie.

Yeah, I guess using so many products does make you wonder what's doing what!

I've been checking out some sites on the web re. the retin-a/glycolic acid moisturiser. All the sites seem to suggest that you can't use these together. Is this the case or is it ok to use them alternate nights?

If all this is ok then would my skincare regime work with :

am
JB mineral prep
vit. c serum
Alphaderma ce

pm
JB mineral prep
Alphaderma CE
retin-a or glycolic acid moisturiser

If I start using the Derma Excel 7 or Browtox would this go on before the retin-a or glycolic acid moisturiser?

I've also just purchased some epidermx microdermabrasion so where would this fit in?

I think I'm getting there but my brain is now spaghetti Confused

Nicole

I was advised not to use any other products the nights I use Renova so thats what I do. I would put your Derma 7 or Browtox on in the morning along with your alpha derma etc and at night only use either Renova or Glycolic Acid (alternate nights)

I dont actually know anything about epidermx maybe someone else can help you on that....

Hope this helps!

Julie
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |