Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OH DEAR!!! My EDS and MUA cross-check list....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been window shopping on EDS today and decided to go brand by brand and cross check with MUA to find out which products that I have not tried look good (i.e. look like they are getting consistently good reviews)... I didn't expect to find as many as I did! I also have a list of "must try" things that I have compiled through the EDS Product Reviews forum but (quite luckily for the credit card I think) I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Anyways, here's the stuff that I haven't yet tried but would like to try based on seeing the MUA reviews:

Arrow Ahava Advanced Moituriser for Oily Skin (reviews say this should ok for normal/combo)
Arrow Ahava Mud Facial Soap (gets *great* reviews)
Arrow Bioelements Pumice Peel
Arrow Bioelements Quickrefiner (I remember that this is also on my own list of things to try)
Arrow Carita Radiant Beauty Fluid
Arrow Carita Eye Contour Micro Gel (*must* try this!)
Arrow DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask (also recall being on my list)
Arrow Cellex-C Betaplex Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Arrow Cellex-C Betaplex Gentle Cleansing Cream
Arrow DDF Glycolic Gel 10
Arrow DDF Non-drying cleanser
Arrow Decleor Iris Night Balm
Arrow Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant
Arrow Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance
Arrow Dr Brandt Exfoliating Facial Wash
Arrow Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream
Arrow Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel
Arrow Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Mask
Arrow Jan Marini Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser
Arrow Jan Marini Green Papaya Enzyme Mask
Arrow Jan Marini Transformation Serum
Arrow Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant (already on my list - Winnie loves this)
Arrow Joey New York Masque & Blemish Treatment
Arrow Joey New York Pure Pores Cleansing Gel w/vit C
Arrow Juvena Q10 Triple Action Mask (I think I've tried it and liked it... can't remember but the name rings a bell Embarassed)
Arrow MDF Vit-a-plus Night Recovery Complex
Arrow MDF Total Protector SPF30 tinted
Arrow MDF Illuminating Serum
Arrow Murad Pomegranate Cleanser
Arrow Murad Clarifying Toner
Arrow Murad Perfecting Serum
Arrow Murad Essential-C Night Moisture
Arrow Mustela cleansing lotion
Arrow Mustela Hydra-bebe Facial Hydrating Cream
Arrow Mustela Lait de Toilette - Lotion for Cleansing
Arrow Obagi Clear
Arrow Obagi Blender
Arrow Obagi Healthy Skin Protection SPF25
Arrow Obagi Cffectives High Potency Serum 10
Arrow PCA Skin pHase 5 Nutrient Toner
Arrow PTR Environmental Repair Hydrating Gel
Arrow PTR Glycolic Acid 10 Hydrating Gel
Arrow PTR Glycolic Acid 10 Clarifying Gel
Arrow PTR Oil Free Moisturiser
Arrow PTR Tinted Protective Day Cream
Arrow PTR Ceramide Night Renewal
Arrow PTR AHA/BHA Face & Body Scrub
Arrow Pevonia Combination Skin Lotion
Arrow Pevonia Cleanser Combination Skin
Arrow Pevonia Phyto-gel cleanser
Arrow Phytomer Hydracontinue Moisturising Base
Arrow Skinceuticals CE Ferulic
Arrow Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair (Carrie just took care of this by sending me a sample. Thank you! )
Arrow SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex
Arrow Thalgo Pure Delicacy Cleanser
Arrow YonKa Lotion normal/dry skin

Phew! That's a long list! Lucky there aren't many reviews of Cellcosmet or Valmont on MUA Laughing

Ok, so this list took a while to compile but I'm glad I've done it. I'll add to this my list compiled from EDS reviews (once I find it!) and will have an easy way of figuring out what samples I would like when I order something or what impulse buys to get Smile Have you guys ever done a cross check with MUA and whatever site you buy from and made a complete list?

I highly recommend making a list like this - it's also a great activity when you've got deadlines and are procrastinating (like I am right now Cool).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, Just for 2 on the list that stood out-I'll peruse it after coffee. If I can add my 2 cents:

Cellex-c cleansers I didn't like-I returned them to Sephora. I don't remember exactly why but-one left my skin sticky and the creamy one didn't clean well. I remember my towel was full of make-up.

Jan Marini Tranformation serum I loved. Very light, worked as a make-up primer. There is a new formula out, check out
www.healthyskinbydesign.com

but I'm not sure EDS has this one yet. I was going to ask them. Lots of info on this site & a skin analysis-Love those-my way of testing them! Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy wave , I'm going to save you a few ££ here Laughing by recomending you cross the Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream off your list.
It is incredibly oily, greasy, provides no coverage and messy - my tube leaked Rolling Eyes
The Bronze concentrate is better Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
you clearly have nothing better to do Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=55171/Lip_Liner_#00_-_Cupidon/Guerlain/Lip_Liners/

Something you may not have noticed-this is certainly been added to my list-luckily for me it's available at my neighborhood dept. store.
Of course, now that it's so easily available, it's not as 'urgent'. Does this make sense? Confused
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hiya Mabsy Smile I too have made a list of must-trys after cross referencing with MUA and biochemistryofbeauty.com. I keep my list in my Palm PDA which is really helpful coz I can easily check it when I'm in a store or ordering online Very Happy

I remember reading on a previous thread that someone here has a worksheet! I am planning to create a worksheet myself, but on active ingredients. I have a copy of a book by the owner of biochemistry.com which has great info. I'd like to classify actives by function so that if I run into a skin crisis I can find suitable products more efficiently.

Guapa, could this be a wake up call for me to get a life? Embarassed Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
crazyskin
I was intersted in ordering that book from biochem. of beauty. Does it contain a lot more than just recipies for homemade stuff?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
http://www.betterhealthyskin.com/kba_mandelic_acid_3in1_punch.aspx

One more to consider, especially for sensitive skin types. Rolling Eyes You know, I don't go looking for this stuff, they just seem to appear on my browser with a life of their own. Wink
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi lily Smile I bought the book specifically to get info on skin care ingedients. I'm quite a clutz so I don't see myself making my own stuff Laughing

The book is really meant for self formulators. There are 19 recipes of various stuff including a treatment that mimics the skin's natural moisturizing factors (NMF), antioxidant serums, and homemade sunscreen. BUT it also has great info not only about actives but also emulsifiers, preservatives, humectants, emollients, etc. My skin has been sensitive lately so the info in the book will help me in screening products.

I highly recommend this book to everyone! Good value for your money, for around 11USD you get a chockful of info and ideas.

Will pm you to list the table of contents.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
holy &%#@!!!! I hope you have a good job!!

I have been meaning to post a review of Jan Marini's Transformation Serum, but honestly I never really decided on just how I feel about it! It is a good product, no doubt. At first I was sorry I had gotten it because after I put my sunscreen (over it)on, I noticed it would casue the sunscreen to ball up. It made it hard to put my foundation on over top. I realized however that I was putting it on like a lotion and using way too much. ALl you need is a few drops. It goes on a little sticky but sinks in. And by the end of the day when I washed my face, I definitley noticed my skin was very smooth and looked good(better than usual).

It's no holy grail product for me, but I am not always fair to products as I tend to overdo and layer too much. I do think the whole science behind the TGF (and EGF, in other products) is substantial.

So it is a possible repurchase, but not in the near future as it cost too much and I have too many other products to use up first.

Ciao!

Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the updates! Much appreciated Smile

Marina - thanks for the feedback on the Cellex-C cleansers. I was actually leaning towards the cream one not the foaming one so I now might just get a sample of the foaming one to try (you might have just saved me a fair bit of $ 'coz I have it in my EDS shopping cart at the moment and was planning to buy it "blind"). The lip pencil sounds good (I like Guerlain lippies as well) - I'll have to see if I can get it. I was (luckily) only looking at the skincare on MUA or I'd still be on there now Laughing

Rosebud - thank you! That doesn't sound good at all and you have reminded me about the bronzing concentrate so I'll stick with that till I finish it off (if ever!). I might get a sample if I can anyway.

Guapagirl - Indeed! I have lots of stuff to do but I just don't want to do it Smile

Ajax - I'm sold on the Transformation Serum but I think I'll ask for a sample first....

Crazyskin - I have a spreadsheet of BPAL fragrances Embarassed or at least I used to anyway. I've added this list to a spreadsheet too (as sad as that sounds).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Shock

wow. and you have everything in alphabetical order! Laughing

by the way - Dermalogica gentle Cream Exfoliant is also one of my must-haves, I like to mix it with the Skin Renewal Booster (stings a bit but I don't mind at all - after 10 minutes my skin is SO smooth like you wouldn't believe it)
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am afraid to do a list like yours!!
Mabsy

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:47 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
wow. and you have everything in alphabetical order! Laughing

Sad, isn't it? Laughing But, mainly this was because I was going down the EDS list (which is alphabetical) Smile

Thanks for the rec on the Gentle Cream Exfoliant too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that...Have now got three extra things on my own list. I don't need it, I don't need it... Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |