Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
SheerCover - eh
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I received my order of Sheer Cover, which is another kind of mineral make-up you see advertised on infomercials. I wasn't very impressed. You have to put concealer on everything you want covered - the powders alone don't do a good job of that. The concealer is very thin and doesn't conceal much at all. It takes a perfect dabbing motion to really cover something up. The powders feel cakey as well. The only thing I liked was the finishing powder that's supposed to give that "glow". It didn't really give a glow - it basically just made my face look matte without any shine. All in all, I felt like I got the same results from this make-up collection as I would from any cheap make-up. They have a money back guarantee, which is great, because I'll be utilizing it.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't work for me either! I tried this because I was getting a slightly gray pearlescent cast from BE and the models in the infomercial looked matte and fabulous. SheerCover did give me coverage... but only after I had to put on so many layers that I looked like I was wearing a mask Laughing
I sent the kit back the following day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Yep - I sent this back too - the fair ws way too dark, the finish wasn't impressive and I generally just didn't get on with it. (Oh and the brushes were poor quality, and the cleanser moisturiser gave me an allergic reaction!).

By the way - Maria was kind enough to send me out some Aromaleigh (they don't ship internationally) and it is hands down my absolute favourite mineral make-up!

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bad skin reaction to this stuff and it felt really pasty when on. The colors didn't match my skintone and it was shiny as well because it too contains bismuth. I found a much better one on ebay that doesn't contain bismuth and the colors are better and it leaves a satin matte finish. Love it!
Nicole Parkes

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am a newbie to this site...need lots of advice. i just purchased the BE starter set at Sephora and so far it is great! I am getting lots of compliments but that is mostly because people aren't used to me with makeup or hair for that matter! I think the BE is a little cakey. I purchased a primer (smashbox photo finish) and i am not sure if it is really helping. Any feedback on primers, good mineral makeup brands, and or ways to control large pores would be greatly appreciated!

PS - Kristie... what brand did you find? You mentioned replacing the Sheer Cover with another but didn't say which??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nicole Smile Welcome to the forum!

I use BE but not primers. I find that exfoliation and just enough moisture help provide an even surface so the minerals sit better on the skin. I give moisturizer a few minutes to sink in before blotting the excess and then applying MMU. It also helps to spritz your face after MMU to help it set and "melt" in. It takes a while to get the technique right, so don't worry if you don't ace it straightaway. Play around with your MMU, that's really half the fun! Very Happy HTH

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |