Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where can I purchase Vitamin K oil in Canada?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jewel lady
5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was told that Vit K oil applied under the eyes reduces the appearance of dark circles. Does anyone know if it can be purchased in Canada? Has there been similar results out there?
wave
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jewel Lady,

The only product I've seen in Canada that advertises Vitamin K is "Vita-K". They have a gel that's called "Vita-K Solution for Dark Circles Under Eyes".

I have it ... but I'm not sure that I noticed a big difference. On the other hand, I don't have really dark circles under my eyes ... but because I wear glasses ... they "seem" darker than they are.

I got it at PharmaSave ... but I'm sure that most large-ish drug stores carry it.

If there are other Vitamin K products I don't know about them ... but since I live in Rural Ontario ... that doesn't mean much.

I know that food advertising Vitamin K content isn't importable into Canada ... which is really dumb ... but that's our government for you! Laughing We can foot the bill for chewing gum for the head of the Mint and pay two or three times for advertising that never saw the light of day ... but we can't ingest Vitamin K if we choose to do so! Mad

Mary
jewel lady
5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mary,
Thank you so much for the info. Very Happy
I know that Vivier does carry a product call A/K capsules. I was told that it helps reduce the appearance of dark circles, but it takes a couple of months. Maybe it's worth giving a try.

Jewellady
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I once asked a pharmacist about buying a pure Vitamin K supplement (I thought it would be like vitamin E, where I could break it open and mix it into my cream) and she informed me that it is not for sale in Canada. If I remember correctly it is available in the USA, but only by prescription (to treat some blood vessel disorder).
She said the only Canadian products you can get with vitamin K are cosmetic creams.
Hope that helps!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Couldn't you try an online pharmacy, online health food store or ebay for vitamin K?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I TooInvolved,

One might be able to get away with that ... but if Canada Customs opens the parcel to check what's inside ... it would be stopped there. Shock

I don't know why Canada won't let us have Vitamin K ... but there are a few products that have Vitamin K in them.

I just found another one ... it's by Jameson ... and it's an eye "serum" with Vitamin K and Vitamin E. It's quite a nice one ... and seems to be more effective than the VitaK gel I got some time ago.

Mary
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Mary,

Does the Jamieson Eye serum that you mentioned have Vitamin K, CoQ10 and Vitamin E? Is the texture light or rich?

Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |