Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

how to and which to use - skinceut phyto+ or correcting gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
...question: what is the actual difference, in performance, between these two products? Anybody "know" or used these products?
And do you use this stuff all over your face, or just target specific spots/areas?

I tried my phyto+ sample from EDS last night (forgot this morning - too much mumblejumble in my head in the mornings Rolling Eyes ) but I don't know if I used too much too little or just enough??? Probably used 2-3 drops on my forhead, 3-4 drops on each cheek and 2 drops on my chin.. Question Question
...I liked the feel of it, no dryness or tightness...I put it on after my toner, and then some Harmonie after...and that was that.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think the phyto+ is more moisturizing than the corrective gel. If phyto+ felt great on your skin then maybe you should stick with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
thanx wildcat...

I've completely forgotten about my phyto+ but found it last night and have now decided to give it a serious go. Don't know if I'm right about this - but I think it's supposed to help with red marks and general discolouration. I will return with my findings in a couple of weeks - I'm hoping it achieves miracles!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know how it turns out for you...I also have a sample of the Phyto+ but I didn't use it too often because i didn't like that green film on my face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both products (samples). My understanding is that the phyto+ has kojic acid in it, and the corrective gel does not. The corrective gel has bearberry in it (arbutin) though. I found the corrective gel to be slightly milder to the skin in irritation factor although neither product is particularly irritating. I personally doubt that either of them would be effective at removing post inflammatory pigmentation (PIH, or red spots). I think only mandelic acid, low ph vit C serums, and retinoids are effective at that. But brown spots can be inhibited by the kojic acid as well as by arbutin. Probably a product/s with both would work best.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
weeeell - after twice a day for 5 days I can't say I'm noticing anything whatsoever... but will use up the rest of my sample. Will post again if anything should happen Wink

Thanx for your input pocoloco Very Happy

PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Ruth,

It usually takes months of daily use of a product to notice a change in pigmentation issues. Hydroquinone (sp?) would probably be faster but there are the health and side effects to worry about with that one....
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
...well, got bored using this so have stopped... think I'll just pour whatever's left down the drain and use the bottle for homemade ylang ylang oil instead!

Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco,

What are the health and side effects of hydroquinone?

thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Many people experience hyperpigmentation CAUSED by hydroquinine, that's one thing. This most often happens with people who have darker complexions. I've heard that there are other problems/risks associated with long term use of hydroquinine (longer than 6 mos). Many derms do not prescribe it for longterm use for that reason. I don't know the specifics but maybe someone else could chime in here...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |