Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
You are what you eat?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
Don't you wish there was a big Vitamin C horsepill we could all take just once a week for perfect, constant, serum-style protection? Very Happy

Well this ain't a horsepill that you take weekly. It is a horsepill in that it's huge-ish to swallow (for me anyways) but you take it daily. I've seen no-one mentioning it here about taking a beauty supplement (no I'm not talking about multi-vit and mineral supplements for general health, but beauty specifically). Incidentally, I have seen major improvements on my skin since taking a daily dose of Estime. It was created by the Dahlgrens (who created Imedeen). It works like Imedeen but with the added bonus of an internal sunscreen. And unlike Imedeen it may take only a week to see a marked improvement on the skin (my experience was more hydrated skin not just on face but also rest of body withing the first week - my skin is uber-oily but dehydrated).

Do you ladies take anything for the skin specifically?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:36 am      Reply with quote
I googled this product to find out more...and found this http://www.estime-ibs.com/index.htm and a german one but nothing else...which I find a bit strange considering the "brand"...
Where did you get it?
sounds interesting...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I too am intriged now, yes where can I get hold of this. At the moment I take a whole host of vitamins and minerals and yes I have seen a huge improvement in my skin, it did take a couple of months though but it was well worth the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Me too! Me too! I've never heard of either of those supplements that you mentioned SugarFreeSheila ... but am very interested.

I take quite a lot of Vitamin C [in addition to regular multi-vitamins] but I'm not sure I've ever noticed a "skin benefit" from taking Vitamin C.

Internally Vitamin C is a great natural antihistamin ... and I tend to take rather a lot during allergy seaion [which for me is between May and October/first frost].

I'd like to know more about these supplements that you're taking specifically for your skin!

Mary
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, I love vitamin C! I take it powdered in a glass of water. It's a real lifesaver when I come down with colds!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I used to take so many vitamins Shock I have come to the conclusion that (IMO) if you eat right you don't need to take but a daily supplement. Lots of fruit, veggies, moderate in red meat, as much fish as you like does amazing things for body and skin. Believe me I am not always good. Last night I went nuts on Halloween candy. Sugar does not like me at all. Bad Grin
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I probably take more supplements than food! LOL!

I eat to live, so I work on organic/healthy/small frequent amts. I also eat along the lines of the blood type *O* diet which I naturally over the years was eating that way anyway! Veggies,fruits, proteins.

Our skin is a reflection of what we take in sooo if I cheat, and I LOVE french fries/chips on the weekends, I ocassionally breakout. I eat dark choc here/there but that doesn't make me breakout.

I drink WATER w/lemon allll the time and again take a ton of supplements but I could never eat enough to get what I need. 2 of the skin supplements are - a liquid called, The EFA and Alpha Lipic Acid.

I know that I am lucky because I like *clean* good foods, I hate pizza/Italian etc./heavy sauces/fats, but I like Asian which is veggies. My blood sugar is low and I am highly sensitive to foods like wheat etc. so if I cheap I pay for it by skin eruptions/bloating!! (dairy/wheat/yeast) or extreme fatique (wheat/dairy) I do LOVE ice cream but it sooo doesn't like me. So when I cheat I pay! if I eat healthy I feel good!

Sorry got wordy huh? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Malaysia! I didn't realise they haven't launched it in the West, I don't really know why. But there's a whole host of beauty supplements here in pharmacies in S'pore and M'sia, and a lot of them are interestingly from Japan, except for Estime and Imedeen (Imedeen has been around for yonks, they had it in England when I lived there 16 years ago).

Edited to add that I'm so sure now if it was around 16 years ago, but I know I saw it on the shelves in Boots in 1994. Is is still available now? I haven't been back in ages... Shock they even have Imedeen Plus now (in M'sia at least).
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Me too! Me too! I've never heard of either of those supplements that you mentioned SugarFreeSheila ... but am very interested.

Mary

Eh? I'm not SugarFreeSheila, hpjrt. Crying or Very sad Not talking

Razz Very Happy Very Happy
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
What is Imedeen?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
What is Imedeen?

It's a beauty supplement made essentially from deep sea fish oils or something like that ('skincare from within' principle). You might want to check out their website, it's http://imedeen.com I think. IMHO it's an easier way than eating salmon every day.

When it first came out Imedeen was s.l.o.w at showing results, but they've since come up with new and improved versions of it. And for the hot humid South East Asian market they've introduced Estime, which is Imedeen with sunscreen. HTH!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks.

What ingredient do they add as a sunscreen?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to copy and paste this off of the page to answer your question but I couldn't for some reason, so could you go here Arrow
http://www.estime-ibs.com/estime3.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |