Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best compact mineral makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Merch
5% products discount

Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

this question may have appeared here before as there's been a lot of discussion about The Best Mineral Makeup in general, but I'd like to get fresh comments on the best mineral makeup that most importantly

- is in compact form, ie. is not loose powder Smile

and also

- covers up redness well
- has very light (neutral) shades
- is shipped to Europe

Thank you very much!
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale Pressed Base is great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Merch,

I have only used one ... CoverFX ... which is a Canadian product that is also available in some states of the U.S. as well.

I really like it ... but frankly, I have nothing with which to compare it since this is the first "mineral makeup" I've ever tried. Confused

However, if you're in Canada, it's available at select Shoppers Drug Mart stores ... where you can try using the "samples" at the cosmetic counter.

One tip if you're shopping "in person" ... make sure that you check the colours in "natural" light. Flourescent bulbs can alter the look of makeup and I know I've often left with a colour I thought was "perfect" only to discover it looked "off" outside.

Mary
Merch
5% products discount

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your answers, Princesita and Mary.

I know that I can get my hands on at least Jane Iredale products - but Princesita, can you (or anyone else) recommend a suitable compact shade for very light skin? I'm currently using BareEscentuals loose MMU's lightest shade, which is ok. The "looseness" isn't Sad

More opinions greatly appreciated!
bluefish
5% products discount

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I have used JI and La bella donna. I like La bella donna more because I found the right shade (I can not find the right shade from JI) and the finish is very fine (a little shine and the powder is very fine). I've also heard that GloMineral and Youngblood have nice pressed powder: Glomineral has the greatest coverage than others, YB may have more power for absorbing oil.

There is a MMU forum and a very nice summary page of the ingredients all brands of MMU. I like to check the ingredients before I placed an order.

http://people.delphiforums.com/TRACIKENYON/ListsIndex.html
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:25 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Hi Merch,

I have only used one ... CoverFX ... which is a Canadian product that is also available in some states of the U.S. as well.

Hi Smile

I've used CoverFX before...are all of their products made from minerals? I had no clue about that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toronto-Belle,

Not all of their products are mineral based. The Powder Foundation, Bronzer, Matt FX and the Setting FX loose powder, however, are minerals. They have a couple of products which aren't minerals ... but which are recommended for highly sensitive or problem skin.

CoverFX was developed by the Dermatology Department at Sunnybrook Hospital ... which was a selling feature for me since I grew up just about 2 miles south of Sunnybrook.

You can visit their webpage at:

http://www.coverfx.com

Mary

ps I have no connection to this product other than purchasing it and loving it. Laughing
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
For compact/traveling my MMU foundation(mmucosmetics.com) Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Putting in my vote for Jane Iredale pressed powder Very Happy
Merch
5% products discount

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you again, everyone! Especially bluefish for posting the MMU summary page. Very useful!

Such a shame that for example Glominerals is not shipped to Europe - at least as far as I found out. If I'm wrong, please, correct me. I'd very much like to be wrong about this Smile

BTW, where do you European MMU users order your makeup? For example JI? And am I allowed ask this kind of question here in the first place? If not, I'm sorry, I'll take it back Wink
Mabsy

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Merch wrote:
Thanks for your answers, Princesita and Mary.

I know that I can get my hands on at least Jane Iredale products - but Princesita, can you (or anyone else) recommend a suitable compact shade for very light skin? I'm currently using BareEscentuals loose MMU's lightest shade, which is ok. The "looseness" isn't Sad

More opinions greatly appreciated!

Jane Iredale pressed base in Bisque. I love the JI pressed base and I use it in Warm Silk (I'm pretty pale) - Bisque is the lightest shade.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |