Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My new Supplement Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

At the suggestions and advice and research of this site and the internet, I decided to attack my skin problems (acne prone, current tiny bumps on my temples and jaw line, obvious pores in the area beneath my eyes but right beside my nose, blackheads on nose) from within!

I went to a health food store and this is what nutritionist and I came up with:

- Ester Aces Plus: Antioxident (Brand: SISU).

-ZINC: 15 mg Brand: Natural Factors (Canadian company)

-Cool B50 (High potency Vitamin B complex) Brand: SISU.

-Ultra Primrose Oil 500mg, GLA 50mg. Brand: Natural Factors.

I also noticed that when I have a tan (it doesn't have to be dark, just a little colour) I look so much better...healthier, etc. The redness in my skin is camoflauged enough to give me a break from stressing while I try new products to combat my skin problems. I know that tanning isn't "good" for you, but the vitamin D is a plus and the fact that I'm taking antioxidants and drinking alot of water, should ease up the harsh effects...that paired with my age (23).

Hopefully the vitamins (I'm also taking CLA- Congugated Linolic Acid and Green Tea Extract- which is a powerful antioxidant) and high water intake will help from the inside out. I am almost settled into my new job and I will be re-introducing a fitness routine by the end of this week. Trying to balance everything in my life!

Gotta go to lunch! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Sounds pretty good I think! I would consider upping the Evening Primrose Oil and zinc though, even for just the first month or 2. At least 1000mg a day of EPO, and 30mg of zinc. I used to get a lot of stress and hormonal breakouts on my jaw line, and I started taking 2000mg a day of EPO and 30mg a day of zinc, and it cleared it up within 2 cycles.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Thank you for the tip! I am taking them right now! I'll post updates! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your updates.

I've always believed in addressing skincare internally by eating right (which, in my case, can't always happen due to a major lack of discipline and will power and so have to supplement) and drinking plenty of water as well as externally with products and pampering (now that I spend less on products I can afford relaxing facials and backrubs regularly! Bad Grin ).

(actually, exercise is part of this, too, but I haven't lumped it here together because I am a couch potato Embarassed Shhh )
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Smile

I am literally dying to begin exercising again...I just wanted to be responsible and not put too many things on my plate at once. I'm the type of person who goes through ambitious phases. I become motivated and decide to do 3- 5 things all at the same time, for example: I started my Real Estate Licensing course, got a personal trainer, worked 2 jobs (one of those jobs was bartending and the hours were ridiculous). This all lasted about 12 days b/c I put to much on my plate, so to speak. I always set myself up to fail. I now realize that I need to try one thing first, become adjusted and then I can begin to introduce something else that I erally, really want to try/ do UT it has to be beneficial for my health or financial future.

Now that I've been at my current job for 3 entire weeks (whic is a really good thing for me. I'm ashamed to admit it but I have been horrible at keeping jobs in my entire working life- which has been about 7 years.Needless to say that this is a small miracle but it means alot to me. It's not even the money, it's the fact that me holding this job and loving it (I'm not gonig anywhere), well...I think i'm maturing and becoming more responsible for myself. It feels good.

Wow, i'm so sorry for the rant...and it has nothing to do with makeup but it does have to do with motivation, no? Lol.

Back to skincare! Smile

I notice that when I'm happy and busy- not necessarily stressed, but active...that my skin responds really well to skincare products. Does anyone else notice that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Toronto_Belle wrote:
Hi! Smile

I notice that when I'm happy and busy- not necessarily stressed, but active...that my skin responds really well to skincare products. Does anyone else notice that?

Yes, my skin is much nicer when I am not under any stress. I think that's just how humans work Mad
You may also want to include Omega complex to your supplement or you can try to eat a lot of wild salmon (expensive though Confused )

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Yes, my skin is much nicer when I am not under any stress. I think that's just how humans work Mad
You may also want to include Omega complex to your supplement or you can try to eat a lot of wild salmon (expensive though Confused )

Thanks for the tip on Omega complex...I've never heard of it before. Is it similar to UDO's Fish Oil? But in Capsule form?

Belle

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
Omega complex include Omega3, 6, and 9. It is in capsule form. It is derived from fresh cold-pressed oils of organic flax, borage, and deep-water fish. I read it somewhere that Omega3 is the best for skin but 6 and 9 are good for the heart and general health.
You can google it and find more detail information on what Omega does.
Hope this help Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Wild Cat!

Smile

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |