Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review :: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:58 am      Reply with quote
"The Ferrari of Eye Creams"

If you don't feel like reading my overly wordy review of it below, here's a summary of what happened: I tried it..... I *LOVED* it..... I got great results from it.... and I bought it before my sample ran out so I wouldn't have to stop using it! Very Happy

Having tried many eye creams already (have a look at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=764
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=764 for a rundown if you are interested, I listed most of them there; this thread is Skinlover's and Barbara's review of the Cellcosmet Eye Cream incidentally) I decided that this cream was worth interrupting my PTR Power K experiment (which, by the way, did a really good job of reducing dark circles under my eyes). I had a sample of the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream that I received with one of my previous EDS orders. At the time I was disciplined enough to put it aside and continue using my PTR eye cream. BUT, after reading Barbara's experiences with the Cellcosmet line I just couldn't hold off anymore!

Honestly, from the first time I used it I had a gut feeling that it was going to end up being a very good cream. But I tried to remain objective (and not get too excited :P) and use it for a while to compare it to the eye creams I have tried before. I definitely didn't predict that I was going to end up liking it as much as I do. I have been using this cream for over two weeks now and I now think that this is the BEST eye cream I have tried so far. For the Valmont Renewing Pack users, this eye cream is to other eye creams what the Valmont Renewing Pack is to other masks. In other words, it's wonderful and *THE* best!

Two weeks of use is not much, I know. But I love the light and delicate melt-in texture of the cream and the very subtle fragrance to it. This is not a thick cream but it moisturises well yet it is light enough to use on your eye lids without causing puffy eyes in the morning. It seems to sink into the skin immediately and leaves the skin nice and smooth. I cannot comment on its ability to reduce wrinkles but this cream has reduced the bumpy skin that I was complaining about to you guys before. Just in the corners under my eyes my skin was bumpy. In other words, CHICKEN SKIN! Yuck! Ok, so I didn't exactly have pieces of chicken skin stuck under my eye and the bumps weren't really all that visible. However, I knew they were there and my concealer just wouldn't look right in that area; I was forever trying to make it look smooth and blended. When I do wear concealer now, which admitedly is not often after using PTR Power K for a while, it looks almost completely smooth. There are still a few bumps in the area but I am hoping that they will disappear completely with continued use of this cream. This is quite impressive (to me) because those little bumps have annoyed me for a long loooong time.

In the end I decided that I just *HAD* to have this cream and that I was due for a little treat from me-to-me Smile Well, ok, I wasn't exactly *DUE* for one.... but who would know!? It's just between me and the credit card company.... oh and now between me and you as well Very Happy So I decided to buy this and the fact that EDS now has a great Xmas special with a pack of the Eye Cream and the Eye Gel made it even more appealing. I haven't tried the Eye Gel but I sure will let you know how it goes! Has anybody on the forum tried it?

If you have been considering buying this cream but the price is stopping you, let me put it to you this way. (1) This cream comes in a 30mL size which means that, really, to compare the price of this eye cream to any other eye cream you have to divide the price by 2 because eye creams generally come in 15mL sizes (so it's the same price as the PTR Power K for example). (2) I cannot emphasize how little of this cream I need to use each time. Babs is probably the best testament to that because she uses hers twice a day and she's still on her first tube of it (about a year after purchasing it if I remember correctly). (3) Well, it's simply fabulous; enough said! :P

Mabsy.

ps. Thank you EDS for including a sample of this with my order and thank you Barbara for your Cellcosmet reviews that prompted me to try the Cellcosmet line. I can now see why you are such a big fan of it! Sorry, this review turned out much longer than I anticipated.
Mabsy

Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I know I know... replying to one's own posts is not in good form but I wanted to update and didn't want to start another thread *blushes*

The reason for update being....*drum roll* I just got my Cellcosmet Eye cream/gel promo in the mail. Yeah, ok, I'm a little bit excited. Can you blame me? Any order from EDS is like Xmas, but it's even better when you can't wait to get your hands on your new Cellcosmet haul Smile Thanks heaps Magda! Very Happy

I am still using this eye cream from my sample but I had to write because the packaging for the Cellcosmet stuff is amazing! I have NEVER seen a box THIS big for something that is 30ml (or 15ml for that matter). Each of the two boxes is about the size of six 'usual' eye cream boxes. Funny stuff. But, seriously, the thing that I really like (apart from the cream itself of course) is the pump bottle with a see through strip that lets you see how much you have left. Great idea Cellcosmet! Now can you pay me to become your spokesperson? Very Happy :P

Leila - if you're reading this - from what I recall you've ordered this too so I'm telling you that you have a pretty cool package on its way Smile

Lisa - if you're reading this - I finally caved and ordered the YonKa serum as well. I haven't started using this because I'm doing my Sothys phase at the moment Smile but I have just put a bit on my hand and it smells great! I'll review it once I get a chance to use it for a while. I have a feeling I'm going to really like this one.

Urge to sleep....rising.... RISING!

Over and out,
Mabsy.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Im getting interested in this one. Maybe better then Re Vive eye renewal serum?
Mabsy

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That's a blast from the past! I wrote that post almost two years ago!!! Shock

This is to this day my favorite eye cream though Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys~have to chime in.....I agree with the review. The Cellcosmet eye cream is fantastic. I imagine the whole line is....just too expensive for me!!!!!!!! I got a sample from EDS and just a dab'll do ya, so it lasts quite a while. You can feel the efffects immediately.

I have also tried the ReVive eye cream which is great, but if I am going to spend the $$(OUCH)I think I would go with the Cellcosmet. The latter is heavier, and I actually like the lighter consistency of the ReVive,better but for the money, I saw better results from Cellcosmet.

Just my $0.02 Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
You can tell that ajax REALLY REALLY REALLY agrees !!!!! Very Happy
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
God how embarassing Embarassed

Sorry. I don't know what the hell I did~

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Don't worry about it! I think it was an EDS technical problem...that's what I would blame it on anyway. Wink

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Smile I've deleted the duplicate posts. That happens to me sometimes as well and seems to happen when the forum is running slower than usual and I get impatient and click on submit again while the post is submitting Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I used the Cellcosmet eye gel and it took over an hour to depuff my eyelids. But it is very firming but not moisterizing but, if you put the Ultra Vital cream on your face, it made up for it. I did not notice a skin tone improvement.

Who else tried the gel?
Once I finish the eye gel sample, I will try the Cellular eye Contour Cream and let you know what I thought of it compared to Re Vive eye renewal serum.

Did anyone try the bodycare line?
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is still my all time favorite eye cream too. I think this is one of the products that I have used the longest.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the eye gel and all it does is firm the eye area and does not depuff my eyes. This is my final comment on the eye gel.
SuperCelebs
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
i kinda wanna try this cream.. i think i have the same bumpy eye problem.. along with redness/darkness in the corners of my eyes i also have little bumps.. im gonna try the ptr first than i might give this a try.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
If you have white small bumps, it is because you put too much eye cream on or if you put on very little, it is because the cream was too rich for your skin right now. Maybe when you get old that cream would be good for you.

Cellcosmet eye contour is highly concentrated and that is what you are paying for. I put on very little and reapply if needed.
Mabsy

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
SuperCelebs wrote:
i kinda wanna try this cream.. i think i have the same bumpy eye problem.. along with redness/darkness in the corners of my eyes i also have little bumps.. im gonna try the ptr first than i might give this a try.

I think you're better off going with the PTR Power K first, in terms of the dark circles. The little bumps could indicate that you're in need of some very gentle exfoliation followed by moisture. That's what gets rid of them for me, though as I said recently for me that rough bumpy skin tends to be associated with times of stress.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Holy cow, this is expensive! Shock I guess I will start saving for this now! LOL! Thanks for the excellent review Mabsy!

5% products discount

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I am looking through for an eye cream.
maybe i will try this product!
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
My eye area is dry, and I always wantted to find a long-lasting hydrating eye cream. When I got a sample about this eye cream, I was very glad,because I heard a lot of about it.

But honestly, the first time when I used this one, I did not feel any special effect. So I was a little disappointed. The texture is great, just when I spread it under my eye area, I felt it was a little sticky, and not easy to pat around. So after I used up a sample, I stopped it and tried some other brands.

The strange things happened. All other brands I tried later were all not as good as cellcosmet. I recalled myself, and I thought during the period when I was using cellcosmet, in fact, my eye area did not that dry. So, I decided to try it again by buying cellcosmet Trial Kit which includes this sample.

This time, I do find this cream is very great! And I found a way to spread it easily. That is everytime I put some toner (alcohol-free) under my eye area, and pat it semi-dry, then spread the cream. Now, I can say I love this cream. Its effect is slow, but it does happen to you and will last long time if you insist using it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you apply very little. It is supposed to be very concentrated but we all don't know how well the freezed cells really do help the skin.
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of the best eye creams I have found. And my wallet knows that I have tried lots of different ones, this is one that I will definitely stay with.
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello, skincare, if I apply this cream more than it requires , what will happen?

Generally, the amount of eye cream is about a small grain of rice for each eye (or two eyes?) But I am not sure about this eye cream.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, Mabsy. Do you reckon your dark circles will come back, though, now you've stopped the PTR?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think you need to be the judge of that. If you apply too much, you could get milia.
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I think you need to be the judge of that. If you apply too much, you could get milia.

Skincare, Thanks! Then I will watch my eye area later. If some milia there, then I know that is too much for me! Wink
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I want to know.. whether this eye cream is better than La Prairie eye contour cream. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |